1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Looks like there are no Chua females :(

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Teerack, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Kay

Kay Cupcake

I think Chua are supposed to be both male AND female; that is, there is no differentiation between body-types. I could be wrong, but considering one of the Chua faces is pretty feminine that's just my opinion.
  2. Quietus

Quietus Cupcake

I thought Chua multiplied by having water splashed on them.
    Irullan and Stich like this.
  3. Stich

Stich Cupcake

lol, no though if they did they'd never get on the endangered species list
  4. Stich

Stich Cupcake

the Chua can be made to look any way you want, be it girly, or butch, the chua have the most customisation options, because their genderless in terms of creating them, all the lore i know about them, is their mad scientists
  5. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

When you think about it Carbine did two things here. Chua can be said not to have sexual dimorphism as both sexes look pretty much the same to an outsider on first glance. Kind of like having to look twice at a fish. Then you have the Aurin who exhibit a kind of reverse sexual dimorphism when compared to humans with the female being somewhat taller.

Aurins also have a very female centered society. Whereas the Chua are pretty much organized chaos. Apparently it's quite normal for most chua to try to exterminate their littermates in creative ways too. I guess it's kind of natural selection. The chua that would have grown up to be subpar inventors are atomized by the smarter and more devious siblings.

Guess it was all done on purpose.
  6. Gamm

Gamm Cupcake

I kinda think that the Chua are born like this :

7. Irullan

Irullan Cupcake

Hey Carbine, stop trying to cheat us out of Chua cleavage.
  8. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

[​IMG]

:inlove: Karbacca for this drawing from back when we didn't know that the Chua didn't have boobs ;)
  9. Irullan

Irullan Cupcake

Ooooooo yeaaaahhhh *eyebrow waggle*
  10. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

[​IMG]

also :inlove: Karbacca for this one :inlove: my Fem-Chuas!
    Irullan likes this.
  11. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Because - can't you ALL see me playing a Fem-Chua that looks like one of the ones above??? CRAZY CHUA CHICKIE!! :D mwahahahaha
  12. Felion

Felion Cupcake-About-Town

Because not many people (vets included) can tell a male hamster from a female one through pure visual inspection.

'Nuff said! XD
  13. Maullus

Maullus New Cupcake

I actually really like the idea of Chua being asexual; however, right now Chua character customization is almost entirely male phenotype options. Giant bushy eyebrows, big manly beards and mustaches. I saw, maybe, one or two faces that could possibly pass as being not clearly masculine and even those are kind of hedging.

Like I said, happy to now see female body options for Chua, but a little more variety in the customization would be welcome.
  14. Vail

Vail New Cupcake

I think if they go this route they need to add more customization for Chua. From what I've seen most Chua look quite male. If you want to make a female looking Chua you'll probably end up looking pretty much exactly like another person who wanted to try and make a female looking Chua.
    Kataryna likes this.
  15. Domi Dayglow

I guess we just have to remember that it's still beta. New options for all races might still be added before launch. Not to mention the chance for more to be added after launch as part of cosmetic expansions. I'm not entirely happy with the options on the other races either. There's always room for more hairstyles and more...chua beards.

While I'm thinking about it....Auras! Chua need auras. Especially one that looks like they have fleas.
  16. Alenaar

Alenaar Cupcake

Chuas are pretty much mammals-rodents. But! What if! What if their society is somehow freely based on on that of bees or ants! Really freely, not that fancy stuff with males being soldiers, females workers..

I mean only BIG FAT CHUA MOMMA somewhere in underground ... and the ... *gulp* chua males *gulp* ... I DON'T WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT ANYMORE! *cries*

*sniff* So in the end ... *sniff* ... all you can see are chua boys bouncing out of ground, chua girls stay underground with chua momma ...

So...they are there, but you don't see them.

Will you be the bold adventurer to decend into maze of Chua lair and try to see the truth?
  17. Domi Dayglow

It's okay. It's okay.

No one else really wants to think about where chua come from either. Especially chua.
    Taher likes this.
  18. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

I just now came across this thread so I thought I would offer my opinion.

The problem I see is that people are trying to apply standards of human masculine/feminine physical attributes to an alien race in a video game. Why couldn't the Chua females be the ones with the "giant bushy eyebrows, big manly beards and mustaches"? Or maybe all of them grow their hair(fur) like that?

Maybe you could try accepting that Chua female with the hairy armpits.

The Dominion is mainly about being part of a whole, a collective. Cassians are the heart of the Dominion, Mechari are the hive-mind, and Draken are the tribe. The Chua fit in with this idea since you can't separate the sexes.

This is a great point and I'm glad that Carbine has done this.
  19. Snocone333

Snocone333 New Cupcake

I really like this idea. You can slash dance at people and really, REALLY confuse them.
  20. Vail

Vail New Cupcake

The problem with that is the way that we identify with things that are not human is by anthropomorphising them. We all know that there is no real difference between a male and female rat, hamster ect in real life other than the obvious but Chua are not just rodents in our world. In an MMO customizing is very important because most people like to feel connected to their character in some way, it is part of becoming part of a living mmo world. It may not be as important to everyone but if it was not a factor at all everyone would have a standard looking character or it would be randomized.

If all Chua look decidedly male a lot of players will not feel inclined to make one even if they really liked the race and how is that fair or even smart? I am not saying Chua should have breasts or wear dresses all I am saying is I think they need more customization. I personally like how they handled the Charr in Guild Wars 2. The females of that race don't have breasts or an especially girly figure but they still look decidedly female.
    That's all I hope for for Chua too.
    Huffle Puff likes this.