1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Male Aurin

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Cogburn, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I know something better then that ;)

Do it like THIS:
    aurin.jpg

Or THIS:
    Characters-Path.jpg

See...the models are already made :p
    Iamaom, Drarorm and Snufler like this.
  3. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah I see that. But as they say, beta is beta. Things change. Not that the models now are bad, but I would just like to see more masculine models on cat races. Just wishful thinking on my part.
  4. Angier

Angier New Cupcake

They are Aurin, not cat people. And the males are the weaker gender.
    Kataryna and Nayukhuut`Chet like this.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

.....wishfull thinking I can see that....the reason why Aurin can't be warriors is because they are a more agile/smart race instead of masculine, so I personally don't think you'll see any ripped Aurin males ;) It won't fit the lore/settup for the aurins in this game to be very masculine, although more people probably want to see that, seeing how many people want to make an Aurin warrior :p

For muscles go Granok, for brains go Aurin, for Mediocrety go human for craziness go <RADACTED> (if you pick Exiles).
  6. Snufler

Snufler New Cupcake

No please, why do every male have to look like they have been chewing steroids for the best part of their life?
    Yinello, Tyto, Voison and 4 others like this.
  7. Tollero

Tollero New Cupcake

The Aurin are thin, lean, jungle animal people. They can't even be warriors- why would they be all bulky?
    I mean, I guess you can draw your Aurin as thick as you want, but logically...
  8. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Though you are entitled to your opinion, and that's all well and good, I must respectfully disagree. Aurin are an inherently agile race of jungle dwellers who rely on their tiny bodies, speed, and fast reflexes to take down their prey by outmaneuvering and ambushing them, rather than on brute strength and overpowering them in a toe-to-toe fight.

If you really want your hairy Manly Man of Manliness, I suggest you make a Granok or an Exile human with plenty of facial hair, and hair in general. The male Aurins will forever be lean, mean, bishounen hunter boys.
  9. McSteezy

McSteezy Cupcake

I don't mind that they are slender and agile, I think its cool to steer away from the roid pumpin' norm. But I would like to have facial options to make them look a little bit more vicious... just because he's slender doesn't mean he has to be gentle.
  10. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Carbine has a couple of playable races that feature animalistic traits both in design and behavior. The aurin pretty much got the house cat treatment. They have animal traits but they are generally downplayed in favor of creating a more approachable race, also cuteness quotient.

The Draken on the other hand got pretty much the opposite, fierce, aggressive, vicious, and not entirely civilized the Draken are pretty much barbarian thunder cats with horns and tails who don't hesitate to bare fangs and claws at a moment's notice.

It's a little unfortunate that things are so polarized, I would like to see some more toned down Draken and some more fierce Aurin, hopefully that is in the cards, we just haven't really seen it yet.
    Brady Dunbar likes this.
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

races_banner.jpg

To me that looks pretty ''fierce'' so the only thing they need to do, is to make sure that which they showed us a long time ago is achievable trough costumisation ;)
    Which would seem like a logical thing to do....atleast to me :D
    Lokken likes this.
  12. Nayukhuut`Chet

Nayukhuut`Chet Cupcake

I wouldn't say they're weaker, but they are the less dominant sex. IIR the Aurin society was matriarchal. That however doesn't mean that they aren't considered equal ala women in our patriarchal society.

Also, to add to the subject matter of the post and to agree with a lot of prior posters, I agree with not having any big beefy Aurin. As has been stated they're lythe and agile forest dwellers who have been quoted as "frolicking in the branches of the trees" (source). A big muscular huge animal male wouldn't really fit with that scene.
    Snufler likes this.
  13. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Yeah I was just talking about the in-game stuff we have seen so far, I hope that art makes some kind of 1:1 translation into the game because it's really cool looking.
  14. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

The only reason I ever doubted between Exile/Dominion, because of the ''fierce/tribal'' looks of him......oh how much I love tribal races.....Just gotta love those little tiki guys (mobs) in the game :inlove:

Wish they were playable :D

Also I just loved the Trolls/Tauren of WoW.....hmm.....good times
  15. McSteezy

McSteezy Cupcake

This was the exact picture I had in my mind.
    But this is what scares me, I don't really want to have to rely on high level armor to look deadly.
    Lokken likes this.
  16. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I don't need a muscle freak male version of every race. There's plenty of those so I'm happy.

What I DO want to see (even though I still won't play it) is a fiercer male aurin such as the picture on the races page. The tattooing/tribal art, the fierce expression, I hope both male AND female aurin can get that. It looks sexy.
  17. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

Trolls ftw :p!

Oh and I agree with Xlugon's stuff, so there's my opinion :ninja:
  18. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

In speaking of tattoos, I would like to see some appearance options for them. Especially for the draken and aurin races.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  19. xRavyn

xRavyn New Cupcake

I feel pseudo-obligated to pop in and support adorable animal boys. It would indeed be nice to have some more aggressive features, either in facial structure or things like tattoos/et cetera, but if I have to play one more roidrage male stereotype I'm going to <REDACTED> brix.
  20. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

In before the lock and before those little kids saying it's necro'ing :D

People don't understand it's just a little Reborn magic being used:
    288_Thread_reborn.jpg