1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Male Aurin

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Taher, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Taher

Taher Cupcake

This may have been discussed already, but does anyone have any images or videos including male Aurins? After some heavy thinking on choosing an Exiles race, I need an indication on how the male Aurin looks like, since their backstory and lore looks pretty interesting in comparison to the rest imo. I have seen various devspeaks that include glimpses of male Aurins, but nothing too revealing. So, does anyone have any images or clips containing them? Thanks in advance.
  2. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

3. Taher

Taher Cupcake

Ooh nice, any more?
  4. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Couldn't find anymore screenies but there will be more in other threads and there is fanart also but I didn't think thatswhatyou were looking for :) gosh I'm crashing.... G'night
  5. Taher

Taher Cupcake

Night, mate.
  6. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

WS_AM&AF.png

WS_AM_SLa.png

WS_AM&HF.png

WS_AM_Ea.png

WS_AM_SLb.png
    FelixAkuma likes this.
  7. Satarn

Satarn Cupcake-About-Town

I'm internally crying seeing there will probably be no rabbit ears for the males - they're so fun to use while drawing expressions and animations could be great too. Imo it'd be quite stupid if the choices weren't same for both genders(because, well... animals don't have different ears depending on the gender?). So far it seems to be the case though :<
  8. Taher

Taher Cupcake

9. Taher

Taher Cupcake

Yeah but, without rabbit ears wouldn't it make the male a lot more masculine? Just a thought, mind you.
  10. Satarn

I don't really see how certain animal parts can be "not masculine". There totally are lots of male rabbits hopping around the world >__> Tbh the whole idea of kemonomimi is usually seen as "girly" and "boo-hoo not manly" to begin with, so yeah.

Also it didn't stop them from giving us option to make a guy with pink hair, decorated with flowers so they have no excuse :V
    wut1.png
  11. Furiux

Furiux New Cupcake

I don't know why, but for me the male Aurin looks not finished.
  12. Nyanta

Nyanta Cupcake

I just don't understand why the male Aurin are so short compared to the females.

Maybe its just the way the people customized their Aurin, but if they really are at a standard height thats so short and cannot be changed in customization then I have to say that I am fairly disappointed.
  13. Satarn

Same reason female humans/elves/whatever are almost always shorter than males(meaning none really, I mean seriously, they usually also wear high-heels so it makes them super-tiny).
    I guess they made it this way due to the fact aurin society used to be matriarchal so it's opposite to what we're used to.
  14. Taher

Taher Cupcake

I thought it was just the way they customized it. So that means you can't customize the height of a male Aurin?
  15. Satarn

Well, can't be 100% sure until we see the character creator, but so far all the characters seemed the same height in their race/gender combo, so I suppose you can't customize the bodies at all. That would also add more data to load during raids and warplots, contributing to performance drops(hitboxes are normalized so it's not the issue). As as I said though, nothing is sure yet.

Honestly, at first I was also quite unhappy with the height difference and hoped it's changeable, but later I thought about how hilarious it'll be to tank as the smallest possible race/gender combo on the Exile side x D And think how much harder you'll be to spot in pvp!
  16. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

why does a male have to be taller than a female?...........its been noted in nature that the smaller male is usually more agile and way more aggressive.
  17. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

the devs said that they want all the races to have the same silhouette (easier to recognize in pvp) so yeah thats their official height:D
  18. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

Sorry to burst the collective bubble, but we have seen the character creator, and there are no options to change height, weight, build, etc. In addition, the Devs have even confirmed that they don't plan on implementing these options into the game. You can change the face, hair, eye color and everything else in between but sliders that will change the overall shape of each sex/class combo will not be in the game for the reason the above poster stated.
  19. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

I think the better thing to keep in mind is that outside mammals, males are generally the smaller sex. Birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish; the majority of the species within each of the phyla have this specific sexual dimorphism.
  20. Satarn

And then they throw the whole thing out of the window by making humans look exactly the same on both sides.
    Well, sorry for trying to say it without breaking the NDA >__> With the devs I just don't know sometimes, they say one thing once, and different the other.
    But yeah, as for the small males - deal with it.