1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

[Massively] Nexus Telgraph: Raiding in Wildstar...

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by whocares8310, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

Also what I found funny in this thread is that when people who support equal, but different gear to every playstyle of the game come up with examples, ideas and ways you could do it, the people who oppose it come up with no reasoning and just throw opinions without even trying to back it up with anything. In some cases use offensive language and try to undermine people.

"Where reason fails, violence will follow"

In this case, violence being offensive to fellow forum posters.
  2. icy-j

icy-j New Cupcake

It sounds like the majority of you guys either got carried in Raids or Raided when the content got watered down for you casuals, because of all the whining similar to what you guys are doing now. It simply amazes me that you guys simply dismiss obvious things like cooperation and timing being a skill factor or how they could even balance Solo content with a Trinity. The NPC idea was ridiculous since obviously you still have full control and there is balance issues there, not even mentioning that obviously this isn't going to be implemented in this game. Swtor is the best example for the balance issue in that idea.

Not even going to get into how apparently all you guys act like you guys never made a mistake in a Raid, which is impossible. I have done Hardcore Raiding since Vanilla and I have seen even the best players mess up. The fact is that Solo Content you have complete control and in my opinion that alone makes it simple. There hasn't been any Solo Content that has been challenging in Console games or MMOs. You can add all the numbers you want to health or dps for the Solo boss it won't change the fact that I have complete control on the outcome and it is easy. The only idea that made a little sense someone mentioned the Death Penalty that was implemented in Diablo 3 and Dark Souls. Similar to PvP arena, 1v1 is easy and you can be the best 1v1 player but if you lack cooperation and timing which are skills than you will suck at 3v3.

I am for Solo Content but obviously keep it at the lowest Tier btw Fresh 50s and 5 mans and I know this is all some of you guys are asking for and I am all for it. I highly doubt though that you guys will be main focus since well this isn't a Single Player game and it is a MMO. I will also be playing Solo Content so I will enjoy the content and would like some implemented, but obviously PvP and Dungeons/Raids/Housing will be focus for the majority of content and balancing.

I had to make one comment, but obviously this won't change anyone's minds so I won't reply further.
    ArdentSun and Woke like this.
  3. Eternus

Eternus New Cupcake

I shake my head whenever someone mentions that the raiders are far more in number then the small group content or solo players. If you have played as many mmos as I have over the years and raided as much as I have in wow no less you would know how false that statement is. The sad fact is soloer and small group players that just want to play with friends have and probably will alway outnumber all the raiders combined ever in any mmo here or for a very long time. Until some dev team in a future game takes a revolutionary approach that has not been done yet, I am certain raiding with stay a minority for many players for a long time to come.

I really hope the devs are really considering options to help make this a great game for everyone of all walks of life. Just not another mmo where those that raid are the kings of the hill and the elitist jerks that can show off and put others down for not being able to dedicate 5-6 hours a night to raiding 4-5 times if not more a week. Not to say that raiding shouldn't be one of the main parts of this game as they have already made clear but there are more then just raiders out there folks.

I won't be holding my breath I love to see fun raids that I might even try out but I do not want to go back to the 20-40 a week I once did for a shiny purples that lose value a major patch later.

Did it for 5 years straight and slowly lost interest over the years, that and the people I raided with thought that their raiding gear was everything and used it as badge of honor and to act like kings of the world, but belittled others not raiding which in the end others drew me away as time went on.

I love raiding and the fun interesting encounters that devs come up with, but I loath the player base in most mmos and nowadays avoid raiding on the just that major issue alone. Not to say everyone that raids is a mean spirited jerk that doesn't care about others but I am not inclined to believe that this game won't bring in some that will act like this in the end. I personally would prefer not to even get involved but really this game has me interested to say the lease otherwise I wouldn't even be posting in this forum.
  4. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

This thread has gone circles for so long that I think it is my time to give up. I do not understand the attitude that if something hasn't been done before succesfully, it can not be done successfully in the future. If whole humankind had this kind of an attitude, we would still be living in the caves.

The amount of argumentum ad verecundiam in this thread is completelly off the scale. Everyone declaring their expertise over the matter cause they have done "HC raiding".

Why keep it as lowest tier?
  5. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> I think this thread, like the many of its ilk that proceeded it, has reached its breaking point and gone in circles long enough. Like those previous threads, I will have to declare it locked and kept only for display for future generation of posters. </Mod Monocle>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.