1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Mechari clothes

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Pixie, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Pixie

Pixie Cupcake-About-Town

So, today we've seen screenshots of nectarine wearing clothes and uniforms. And some without.

How do you feel about that?
    How do you think it will work?

Personally I was a bit on the fence at first, Even when it was logically explained. But then I realised that 1) if your mechari got "body parts as armour you would be less attached to his/ her design and 2) if your mechari never get new visible gear an important element of progression, to many players, is lost.

I am guessing we will be able to show/hide individual armour parts, if not, make it so!:p
    Loveless likes this.
  2. Loveless

Loveless Cupcake

I just force myself to consider they'd be 'naked' otherwise above all other logical arguments that come up in my head. Even if the race in question doesn't have a sense of modesty we can assume those they ally themselves with do.

That being said, I hope we'll see some Mechari in wizard robes and hats. :geek:
  3. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

I just hope we have the option to not display armour on Mechari, I mean I expect that like most MMOs the ability to choose not to display headgear will be widely available but in the case of Mechari I think you should just not have to render armour at all. For me it's not even the clothes on robots = silly I just like the Mechari body design and don't want to have to cover it up.
  4. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

I enjoy it, personally, and do also hope that we can forgo clothing altogether.

Lore-wise, it would make sense for the Mechari to have a fashion sense. Like the pimped out duds of kings and ambassadors, it's rather easy for a Mechari to assume airs or fake lowliness to put targets on or off their guard with the right look.
  5. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

I feel there's a reason why so many of the screenshots of Mechari feature them 'naked': it's because they look friggin cool as-is! Even in their appearance in the 'Meet the Dominion' trailer, that Mechari dude was nekkid. There's just something awesome about seeing ALL ROBOT.

You assume that because they are robots they'd already have armour built into them and whatnot and wouldn't need to don additional armour for the same reason a human in full platemail may not wear even more armour on top of that (additional weight, mainly).

But yeah, visual progression is a big deal in MMOs and wearing additional clothes/armour on top of their existing chassis gives a way for mechari players to have that progression while still being the same robot they designed underneat. :p

I mentioned this in another thread, but I don't think that visually, it always works, but sometimes it does. Agent Voxine didn't look so bad in uniform. :alien:
  6. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

I love clothes wearing Mechari, it makes sense. Why would they not be fashionable?

Robot in a suit, that's just brilliant.
    Wreck likes this.
  7. Pixie

Pixie Cupcake-About-Town

Also, I am pretty sure they take pride in wearing uniforms! Personally I will probably swap between showing/not showing armour often. But I really do hope they give the option to show/hide individual armour pieces. If you get an awesome looking helmet you may want to show only that, or hide chest/leg armour while showing gauntlets and a belt with tabards or ribbons, or even an awesome shoulder piece... Ohhh the endless possibilities of awesomeness...
  8. Joukehainen

Joukehainen Well-Known Cupcake

I'd like a show/hide. Would be nice with some racial things as well, so Mechari armour could look different from meatbag armour. Obviously not all of it, but some.
    Saza likes this.
  9. Goreshank

Goreshank Cupcake-About-Town

Untitled.png
    Chim, Yakzan, Joukehainen and 2 others like this.
  10. Joukehainen

Joukehainen Well-Known Cupcake

11. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Oooh, handsome robot. :D
  12. Manes

Manes Cupcake-About-Town

I'm going to guess it'll be differen't shapes of armor attached and "Snap on" with designs and texture. ((Like Zoids.))

Light armor: Cloth that is attached and bolted onto there framework...Like drapes.

Medium armor: Metallic plating that is either lesser of it, or made of a lighter material. ((Could be duller in sheen and perhaps slimmer looking.))

Heavy Armor: Full body armor, covering head to toe with the finest ballistic and lazer proof material the Scientists of the Dominion could produce. Add spikes as well...because badass robots need more spikey bits.

...or they can wear clothing like normal Cassians...So they can, you know..fit in better. But what's the fun in that?!