1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Mechari Culture

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Mondasin, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

I was wondering if the Mechari have their own culture within the Dominion, or if they act roughly like Robotic Cassian's. Most of the info that I've gleamed just says they were created as a slave/work-force race to assist in creating the Dominion, and that they hold their robotic nature above organics.
  2. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

I am sure the Mechari have their own culture and probably function on the same level as Skynet and the Terminators. If you aren't Dominion then you are screwed.
  3. Deslo

Deslo New Cupcake

From what I hear, there culture revolves around Dominions Imperial Corps of Intelligence and keeping control and power in the hands of them Cassian scruffers. Being programmed by the Eldan and all that, I reckon even the Cassians don't have full understanding of how Mechari behave.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I'll only wanted to say:
  5. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

I always assumed that the Mechari act like loyal servants to the Cassians, 9 foot tall "Manfred" robots, if you will. High and above the foibles and follies of their masters, so they may dig them out, prevent them from falling into holes in the first place, and make sure the tea gets served on time.
  6. Deslo

Deslo New Cupcake

Sounds about right. It's all programming though, I reckon it brings up the possibility that the Mechari have no true free will.
  7. D3athcr33ps

D3athcr33ps Cupcake

Really, do any of us have freewill? Aren't we ultimatly influenced by the chemical reactions in our brain that trigger the release of neuotransmitters? Does dualism exist!? Who's to say that the Eldan didn't give them freewil like Prometheus?...I need to stop reading physicalist philosophy
    Inukeu and Xecks like this.
  8. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

a guy turns to his friend and says " i dont believe in love its just a chemical reaction".
    his friend turns to him and kicks him in the nuts.
    the guy is like "WHY DID YOU KICK ME IN THE NUTS ! DONT YOU KNOW HOW BAD THAT HURTS?"
    his friend says "i dont believe in pain its just a chemical reaction".
  9. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

aww come on that was gold!
  10. ruff_ethereal

You just have to wait for the people to come in, see this, and like it. WS activity has been pretty slow, if not dead, ever since the Release Push-Back and the Business Model Announcement.

PS. I found it extremely funny and an excellent point.
  11. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

heh i know i was just bein silly :D.
  12. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Somehow I see the Mechari as being loyal to the Dominion and the Throne. If a Cassian wasn't acting in the best interest of the Dominion I don't think they would have a problem handing that Cassian over to the chua interrogators.

It's likely they are also highly interested in Nexus and the Eldan since it was the Eldan that created their race in the first place. It's not hard to picture a motive to manipulate the Dominion to achieve what the Mechari want as far as discovering their own racial history. Somewhere on the planet Nexus, in the deepest and darkest vaults, there might even be blueprints for the first Mechari.

I do believe that Mechari have free will. They often get called 'advanced robots'. But in truth they're more like artificial lifeforms. That doesn't mean the Eldan couldn't have hidden something in their programming.
    Kataryna likes this.
  13. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Remember - The Eldan created the Mechari, but sent them off planet to found the Dominion BEFORE the Mechari were activated. So, the Mechari don't even know who/what/where the Eldan are.
  14. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

It's a conspiracy!
  15. ruff_ethereal

I remember the Lore said they maintained communication with the Eldan until suddenly, the lines just went dead. So they know who the Eldan are--they're the Masters--but they have no idea about their intentions or plans, they're just there to execute them.
  16. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

They like eletronic music. They are clubbers !
  17. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

I imagine Mechari as a whole act logically in the best interest of the Dominion. When talking to each other they probably speak exactly what they are thinking and concisely. Architecturally is probably the same. Since they are robots they probably are heavily influenced by the way a computer would analyze things. That is not to say they haven't developed their own funny racial quirks or are incapable of acting illogical but they probably act and think like a very advanced computer would think and act.
    Xecks likes this.
  18. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

humm sounds about right. who knows though :D
  19. Vermana

Vermana Cupcake-About-Town

They're definitely not a slave/work force. Mechari are (usually I'm assuming) members of the ICI, which is a Dominion spy network. They're agents.
    They were originally made to seek out races for the Eldan, and now that they've found the Cassians, they also seek out races to join the Dominion. Mechari are cold, calculating diplomatic and intelligence agents, as well as soldiers and I assume other things like citizens and priests. I doubt that the Mechari are ever considered 'lower class' considering the Cassians worship the Eldan as Gods, and the Mechari were created by them and lifted up the Cassians from nothing. Mechari are almost certainly always in high standing or in military or important social positions.
    I doubt that the Mechari are ever nobles or rulers, since the Luminai and royal-blooded Cassians do that. But they probably assist royalty and things like that.

As for 'Mechari Culture' like memes and such... I dunno, I've never seen anything like that in any of the videos or Lore posts. Except that they're cold and calculating. But if they're a player race I'm sure not all Mechari are complete sadistic hardasses like Voxine, so there might be some robotic jokes and things passed around. Guess we'll find out in Open Beta.
    Tribe likes this.
  20. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

They sound more like angels, Elioud, valkyrie. Though they are not gods themselves the Mechari serve as messengers for them and share some traits with the gods. Unknowable, powerful, long life spans (immortal?), etc.