1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Mechari...

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Xlugon Pyro, Oct 20, 2013.

1. sailKite

sailKite New Cupcake

I don't think a Mechari would necessarily be hot or cold in comparison to ambient temperature, mainly because I don't think that a Mechari's construction is full-metal. The cream-colored material which seems to make up the bulk of the Mechari's surface features (the closest thing to their 'skin,' I'd imagine) appears to be similar to Star Wars' duranium, or some form of ceramic material. I'd venture to guess that, assuming the material is in fact ceramic, that its thermal conductivity would change, and probably decrease, as the temperature of the material increases - temperature changing either due to heat generated by the material's electrical resistance caused by electrical excitation inherent in the design of the Mechari, due to absorption of ambient heat off of other of the Mechari's components, or due to heating/cooling from ambient air temperature. Depending on which is the case, I'd expect an average Mechari to have a temperature that either feels cool or lukewarm to the touch, depending on the ambient temperature of the environment...

(...did any of that even make sense? What is this, I don't even.)
  2. Vermana

Vermana Cupcake-About-Town

I certainly hope they are. Nothing is sexier than sleek, chilled metal. ;I

Except the Mechari founded the Dominion, so.. ;-;

D:
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  3. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

I'd venture that Mechari are advanced enough that they can control their temperature as needed (avoiding thermal imaging for example) so could either be hot, cold or neutral. Their power source being shielded, or maybe not even being a single source (how about millions of nanotech reactors spread throughout them being their power source?) could explain it lore-wise.

Granok might generate heat via friction (or maybe they have a molten core providing energy?) and be able to dissipate that through their bodies via veins of conductive material as desired (or insulate themselves if needed).

/shrug - it's a sci-fi setting so you can go nuts and dream up pretty much anything to explain/rationalise things. It'll be interesting to see what Carbine have decided on (if anything - it's sometimes good to leave a little to player's imaginations).
    Roda likes this.