1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Medic" Name Preconceptions

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Classix, Oct 14, 2013.

1. RedShift

RedShift New Cupcake

If a medic can kill in Battlefield then a medic can rock the DPS charts in Wildstar as well.
  2. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

This is an interview I found,

but I would have saved myself some trouble if I had remembered this WildStar Wednesday with this image.

[​IMG]
  3. MadBlue

MadBlue Cupcake-About-Town

Ah. OK. So characters are limited to what they've bought with points and won't have access to everything. I've seen that WildStar Wednesday before, but I interpreted "All points spent. Build is ready" as referring to the ability slots on the action bar as opposed to purchasing abilities with points. I'll admit I was mistaken about that.

That being said, we don't know what the abilities available at level 1 are or if any of them are a given vs being paid for with points. The healing classes might very well have a heal (others) ability automatically available to them. Besides, Medics will undoubtedly have access to abilities named in a fashion that implies they're using medical knowledge, whether it's for assault, support or utility, so that's good enough for me.

In any case, it just doesn't bother me that the class is named "Medic" and can go completely non-healing. Although, like I said, I can understand why that would bother some people.
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.
  4. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

I really hope that Carbine is more creative with the naming of its 'medic' class. Medic is so not WildStary.
    Roda and Artificer like this.
  5. MadBlue

MadBlue Cupcake-About-Town

The only class that has a specifically "Wildstary" name is "Spellslinger". Warrior, Esper, Stalker, Engineer and Medic fit any Science Fiction genre that includes psionics.
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.
  6. GITOUMAFACE

GITOUMAFACE New Cupcake

This is pure speculation but i would not be surprised if a full dps build medic would still bring healing utility to a group in the form of a vampiric embrace style ability or a healing over time aura. So even if you are a dps medic you still are providing some level of healing support to stay true to the title.

It would be a missed opportunity if each class' dps spec doesn't provide an unique group benefit: +healing, +dps, +cc, +mitigation, etc.
  7. Roda

Roda Cupcake-About-Town

Why?
  8. Grimnar40k

Grimnar40k Cupcake-About-Town

I think people spend too much time looking way too much into things like class names. When you finally get your hands on it I honestly don't think anyone will care cause you'll be having fun. People have too much time on their hands right now. Do yourselves a favor and go pickup Battlefield 4, it'll keep your minds off Wildstar for a bit. And it's a badass game.
  9. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

I miss the old school battlefield 1942.
    Roam around on a huge map, and replay battles. That was a great game... It's too bad they became a knockoff of call of duty.
  10. Mathmatix

Mathmatix New Cupcake

Carbine needs to let me test this class. I need it..., Those skill names in that picture above seal the deal.
  11. Mordakai

Mordakai Cupcake

Is the name confirmed?

Just joined so know nothing about the 2 undisclosed classes... will "medic" be a melee healer, like paladin or guardian?
  12. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

The classes being undisclosed should answer this question for you.
  13. Baeldan

Baeldan Cupcake-About-Town

Just a few weeks now until we find out.

At this point in time I'm thinking I'll end up going Granok Medic, my role TBD. As an Explorer, I imagine him being a survivalist frontiersman. Exploring harsh uncharted wilderness, living off the land, wrestling alien-bears barehanded and his 'medicness' merely being his ability to survive.

Then after a long hard day of alien-bear wrestling he goes home, puts on a red velvet robe, sits in his marvelous leather chair in front of his fireplace with a cigar and class of whiskey (top shelf and stolen from the Dominion of course) while admiring the prize heads mounted on his wall. Most of them alien-bears and Draken. Chua and Aurin heads aren't worthy of my wall. (I swear I didn't kill that Aurin on purpose. It was small, furry and pathetically soft - I thought it was a Chua.)

So yeah that's how I'm thematically fitting 'medic' into my character, but it would be way easier if they got a better name. Hell, just 'survivalist' would be good. I'm half expecting them to be called Biomeds or Biochems but I hope not.
  14. Zeldias

Zeldias New Cupcake

Sadly Scientist is the name of a path (although that could be changed, probably for the better, to Researcher, IMO), because that's what I'd recommend as a name. Or something like Xenobiologist, since we're talking about sci fi and packs of aliens. Medic is pretty bland. Warrior at least has the connotation of badassery to me (I'M A @#$&ING WARRIOR, YOU PANSIES!), whereas Medic doesn't really have that going for it.
  15. CptElendi

CptElendi Cupcake-About-Town

What if those medic pad are actually some mele weapon..and the medic will be the tank/dps. And the Eng healer/dps with is big rifle ?!?! MIND BLOW:eek:
  16. Jeuraud

There is rumor that the Medic is a melee/short range class, and I think this image

[​IMG]

from this thread can put to rest the possibility of this being a DPS/Tank class.
    The primary stat is Insight, which seems to be the support stat for Healers, and the name of the weapon is the plural Resonators, not Resonator like the Psyblade next to it, which it would be if the Devs called the rifle from the Engineer class Resonator.
    CptElendi likes this.
  17. Noxite

Noxite New Cupcake

I'm making bets that the class will be called 'Sentinel'
  18. Sarigar

Sarigar Cupcake

I like the notion that the resonator weapons can be charged with healing energy to aid allies, maybe clashing them together to create a PBAOE heal, or actually striking allies to heal them. Or, as DPS, they can be charged with destructive energy, allowing them to shatter armour and pummel the <REDACTED> out of enemies. Or both, unleashing healing bursts depending on how much damage they inflict!

The only thing I'm sure of is that the class won't be called 'Medic'. I have a crow prepared for later consumption if I am in error.
  19. Jeuraud

WStempA.png

I figured I'd bring this thread back to the front to remind Sarigar about the little bet they made with themselves :D, and to point out the Devs even seem to be having problems seeing a Medic as just DPS.

WStempB.png
  20. Sarigar

Sarigar Cupcake

I already took care of it. Being wrong is one of the hazards of having an opinion. :) Although I still think it was a very bad choice for a class name.