1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Medic" Name Preconceptions

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Classix, Oct 14, 2013.

1. achesoma

achesoma Cupcake

In a mmo fantasy/sci-fi game, I view a medic title as someone who is a technological healer as opposed to a "magical" healer like SS/esper. As far as differentiation goes, medic is a fitting name IMO.
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.
  2. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

The preconception issue is not about tech or magic; it's about a Medic as a full Damage Dealer.
    There are healer symbols on the DPS Medic image, and even if the two images are swapped (Which I think they are.), you will not find healer symbols on the images of the Esper and Spellslinger. Despite what the Devs have said, the image says that even the Devs see the Medic as a Healer, with some combat ability.
    Hells, there promoting it as a Hybrid.
    This is supposed to be true of the Esper and Spellslinger, but is not being emphasized by the Devs.

I'm fine with it being emphasized by the Devs, because I'll be playing a Medic as a Hybrid, and I'll just tell anybody who tries to tell me that I have to play a Healer Medic to go look at the FAQ.
    A DD Medic will not be able to fall back on the Devs.
  3. achesoma

achesoma Cupcake

Well Wildstar is somewhat unique in that all classes have a support role. So if anyone asks or complains why you're dpsing as a medic, then just respond with: "why aren't you healing/tanking?" :)
  4. MadBlue

MadBlue Cupcake-About-Town

"Biotech" is a great idea for a class name based on what it does, but, given the lore behind the name, I think they went with the right choice.

It's meant to be "misleading," as the whole point of going with "Medic" is that it's supposed to be a traditional healing profession that has had to turn to killing to stay in business.