1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Medic Resonators

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Turockin, Feb 10, 2014.

1. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

whats with the obamacare one, really?......
  2. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

lol. Not a typo. Just their typically weird sense of humor manifesting itself.
  3. Agneos

Agneos Cupcake

I haven't really read all the comments, but I'm sure it's been mentioned: You know how an X-Ray can, in some cases, cause cancer? Yeah, it's like that but on a high level with more evolved, sci-fi tech. Also, it's a game.
  4. Weyoun319

Weyoun319 New Cupcake

Combat as a Medic is like watching a Pink Floyd concert while doing crossfit!

PS.. If you don't know who Pink Floyd is, shame on you.......
  5. Bnol

Bnol Cupcake-About-Town

So you have no problem with Espers projecting mental energy to do damage, but hand held radiation/energy/resonance/techno-magic emitters is just too much for you?
    Snapdragyn likes this.
  6. Felion

Felion Cupcake-About-Town

I would go into the physics of things, but I'd rather not. If you're just trying to wrap your head around it, think high intensity X-ray, think gamma rays, think radiation in the universe that eliminates life and burns atmosphere where-ever it reaches, think nuclear bomb.

I said I won't go into the physics of things, OK I lied. A little. So basically at higher intensity and frequency, various wave forms of light carries a LOT of energy, and are incredibly penetrating. X ray and gamma ray causes cancer and mutation by knocking out your DNA in your cells making them malfunction, that's how penetrating they can be, they'd go through everything and destroy anything in their path. The energy contained in these rays are planet-burning (super fast oscilation = lots and lots of energy), don't underestimate them, they are not to be messed with!

So resonators are just concentrated rays, that can really mess someone up. Fields then, are like radiation fields. Like a patch of grass right after nuclear explosion, totally radioactive. You'll slowly melt into a meat stew while standing in it. Or transform into some mutant.

As for how they heal people --- Well, they can heal people by KILLING bacterias without burning tissues too much and hence clean up wounds/avoid infection... Or maybe all wildstar species have some sort of photoreceptors in their body that converts light into energy for metabolism/self repair much like chlorophyll... For somewhat reptilian species like the Draken, the heat contained in the energy may be directly absorbed and speed up metabolism... Or, easier explanation, there's some kind of magic at work here... :)
  7. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

A good way to think of resonators is imagine having a radar dish, on low it sees airplanes and thunderstorms and turned up to 11 its a directed microwave oven.

Microwave technology allows our cell phones to work, WiFi, Radar. But it can also cook the hell out of things really fast

If thinking on just the light angle... Lasers are an example of light that can be completely harmless or completely dangerous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser#As_weapons

The 100Kw solid state laser mentioned is not really too indifferent than the one in a supermarket scanner(save for power and light spectrum) but the same solid state technology can make a jug of milk cause a beep or when scaled up cause an airplane to explode.
  8. Zakis

Zakis New Cupcake

You guys are overthinking this...Medic clearly kills you with the wub wub wub of Dubstep.
    Skreamed likes this.
  9. Lazerhawk

Lazerhawk New Cupcake

^^ This and the resonators are basically handheld hyper-microwave ovens, boils ur insides to a pulp.

Oh...and Medics are insanely awesome to play, was going with Stalker, then I tried the Medic, no going back from microwave pink floyd laser show hellhole.