1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Medic" Weapons

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by SykoTavo, Sep 26, 2013.

1. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

But then I can't macro /say "Clear!" with my rez!
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  2. Raarsi

Raarsi Cupcake

First off, it was mentioned that medic weapons have nothing to do with anything electrical (how's that for a shocker :p). Secondly, given that medic weapons won't be electrical, that means that it'll have something to do with the question "you're gonna put that WHERE?!"
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

You killed all medic weapon speculations with this one post.

Now we have no idea WTF their weapons are. :<
    Raarsi likes this.
  4. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

I have an idea: maybe they're portable generators with fuel cells and all, that discharge plasma, chemicals, and occasionally power up deadly laser beams. I would love it if I could RP performing laser surgery--it'll go slightly better than when I do it in Surgeon Simulator 2013, at any rate.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  5. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

My point, which is also backed up by US Military service (US Navy, 10 years), is that the primary function of the Medic/Corpsman is to take care of the patient, not to kill the enemy. That means they stop shooting and get to the patient as soon as they are called for. They then assess the patient's situation, and unless the enemy is right on the patient, or the Medic/Corpsman is the last shooter left, they are going to drop that riffle and pick up their medkit. I have talked with both Corpsman and Marines about this subject, and I have a pretty good idea what they think about a Doc that would plink at the enemy while a marine was bleeding out.

The Medic paradigm is hardcoded, and Carbine is not going to change that paradigm, as has been proven by numerous post in this thread that have given alternative names for the Medic; all except the Biotech having healer connotations. If Carbine keeps the name Medic for a class that is DPS-Healer, then those who play the Medic as a DPS will be constantly fighting this paradigm. Also players will disregard the Esper and Spellslinger, because they want the “best” Healer in their group.
    I know this because I have been playing MMORPGs since the release of EQ.
    Roda and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  6. Classix

Classix Cupcake

[​IMG]

Obviously you either can't figure out how to make a new topic or are to lazy to. I'll save you the trouble.
  7. Xlugon Pyro

Your avatar and this post go together so well. I love it.
  8. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

Heh and that's exactly why I'm often tempted to roll male characters, nothing against people wanting skimpy armor (if you can still call it armor then) really, just as long as I get the option of having proper armor.
    Roda likes this.
  9. Raarsi

Raarsi Cupcake

Sure we do, if not electrical then chemical. Poisons and medicines encased or encapsulated inside those massive weapons launched via AoE sprays, close-up shots, or medium/long-range cannons.

Big tip-off was the aiming video: we knew it wasn't a known class, but lightning likely wouldn't come from that green cone-shaped attack.
  10. Xlugon Pyro

We need to figure out what those things ARE though. :p
  11. Classix

Classix Cupcake

They're Medical Swiss Army Knifes.

[​IMG]
    It slices, dices, beatens, batters, bludgeons, shocks, stuns, sprays, posins, heals, hurts, humors and more! Join the proud Medic corps today to get your gizmo on!
  12. BennyBones

BennyBones Cupcake

Based on that one look we had, I would have much rather them having some kind of futuristic gloves or something. Like brass-knuckles! I really didn't like it. It looked like <REDACTED>. But it's one look, hard to say anything since we don't know the models and we didn't get to see much.
  13. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

I think they should just get vials of deadly poisons & pathogens they collected across the universe that they throw at the enemy. That would be cool!

At least give me one skill where I can throw some mutated anthrax at the enemy!
  14. Vermana

Vermana Cupcake-About-Town

This is why I can't wait to stick heavy armor on my Mechari Engineer.
  15. Fluffyness

Fluffyness New Cupcake

I keep reading people throw wow comparisons but don't see many for monk.

In my eyes the weapons on the art/giant thing at pax even look like monk fists. On top of that you have the framework for melee, shaped, aoe and ranged heals. I would actually be happy with a short ranged healer, something of a risk vs. reward. Forcing closer tank proximity and danger for more potent heals, it may have an interesting skill curve for pvp as well.

I'm more excited to see how they spin the engineer tank spec.
    Raarsi and Roda like this.
  16. Raarsi

Raarsi Cupcake

I've thought about that too, but I wouldn't factor the pax image at all since it's not an in-game image. Biggest problem would be the same with monk healing in WoW in that it generally doesn't generate as much healing compared to generic healing. Typically in current endgame, monk healers in WoW aren't fistweaving as much on bosses and resorting more and more to generic healing, which is a tactic that Blizzard devs have openly promoted by yammering about something like how fistweaving and priest smite spam should never be the primary or even sole healing option (the day I stopped playing my monk).

Healing via damage on the other hand could be a possibility for this class in the forms of leeching poisons or something along those lines. However, much like WoW monks, this option likely won't be a primary option for healing. Short-range healing may be likely as well, but probably wouldn't wanna place any bets on it unless heavier armor for the class compared to other healers is confirmed.

Overall a theory definitely worth looking into....
  17. Adrakka

Adrakka New Cupcake

This ^^^ LOL omg please. you gave me the best image in my mind ever.. there is hope yet for a monkish healer .... Death shock paddle kung fu
  18. Adrakka

Adrakka New Cupcake

I do not believe the idea of unique is ment as in compaired to other mmos but only within the wildstar world. I honestly think its pretty stupid that 50% of the classes are gun wielders.. its gonna be like star wars all over again.

If i get big silly paddles ok... but i want melee..... why couldnt i get big brass knuckles of love to punch my friends to heal them and punch my foes to hurt them LOL

Seriously though a Monkish healer would have been perfect. Melee range healer that heals close range, probably would be a powerful tank healer that would have to sit up in melee with him behind the boss, use absorbs and shields, etc to protect hte tank.

but if instead of a staff they have freakin Shock paddles.. im down.

the only way id be ok with them having a pistol type weapon is if their healing was like that stupid game global agenda where you literally shoot health at your friends face with nano tech guns. Though it is guns again.. it would at least be cool and the healer would have to AIM HEALS ! " ok bob hold still so I can blast you back to health! "
  19. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

So at the beginning of this old video....

Maybe the rezman is a medic, but without weapons? ;).

Had a mental flashback to watchin this when reading the word "CLEAR!" :)
  20. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Funny fact, right now all classes have ress.

Funny fact, no it isn't the medic.

Funny fact, giving a time stamp is always good when you talk about something in a video.

Funny fact, I like funny facts :p
    Siflay likes this.