1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Melee/magic class?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by JRR, Dec 5, 2013.

1. JRR

JRR New Cupcake

I enjoy playing battlemage type classes in mmos, like enhancement shaman, death knight or pre-holy power ret paladin in WoW, and the shaman in rift. I do not enjoy rogues, the whole stealth thing and backstab routine is a turn off. Which Wildstar class (if any) would suit me?

Thanks.
  2. Taher

Taher Cupcake

Either Spellslinger or Esper. Esper's more bursty while Spellslinger's more sustained dps. They can both be healers, with Espers using a Psyblade as their primary weapon, while Spellslingers use dual pistols. It all comes down to personal preference, but i'd suggest rolling an Esper if you like all that conjuring and duplicating your psyblade to eliminate your foes. Seems more fun, but that's just me and others are sure to disagree.
  3. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I think the two classes you might be most interested in is the Medic and the Engineer.

The medic information has just been released and a great deal of information can be found on Wildstar's website about it: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/classes/medic.php

To put it simple, the Medic as a short to moderate range class that heals and damages. Their attacks often do both at the same time. They wear medium armor. They are a very mobile class. Some have mentioned that few to none of their abilities have any effect on their movement rate.

The Engineer hasn't 'officially' been released yet as far as an information page on the website goes. At least not until next week. The Engineer is a ranged tank and damage class. They wear heavy armor. They are also said to be the game's pet class.

I think the downside for you is that neither are 'magic' so much in their theme. The Spellslinger that was mentioned above is the only class in the game that makes direct references to magic.
  4. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Both the Spellslinger and the Esper have melee-medium range options, Esper more so.

As shown in the Livestream, Espers have a "controller" build where they restrain enemies and switch out the flying blades for three swords they swing at close range. It involves a lot of AoE and kiting.

Spellslingers, on the other hand, have an extremely mobile "elementalist" build where you rely on your kiting skills, slows, and DoTs to whittle down your opponents.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Are you guys seriously saying he should play the Spellslinger?

Look at the classes he listed....most are close ranged, while you guys list the one class with the biggest range of them all....the Spellslinger.

For the ''Battlemage'' variant in WS you really should listen to Domi and go either Engineer or Medic (with Esper comming in as 3rd).

I'd say:

Medic > Engineer > Esper > Spellslinger > Warrior > Stalker
    Bnol likes this.
  6. Taher

Taher Cupcake

Yeah, I just realised he asked for Melee/Magic. JRR, go for Medic.
  7. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Medic doesn't scream "Melee Magic" to me. If anything, Medics are a "Melee Tech" class as Warriors are "Melee Physical."
  8. Taher

Taher Cupcake

Nothing screams Melee Magic in Wildstar. He's asking for Melee Magic, but closest would be Medic or Warrior, like you said. Can't have both in Wildstar, though.
  9. Kitsune Senpai

Kitsune Senpai New Cupcake

Well this is an old thread... but Esper is what you are after... they have a builder (basic, spammable) attack that is very short ranged, alot of their dps can be up close and personal and they are reliant on possitioning... sure the Medic is short ranged non-physical DPS... but they are closer to... well come on they have strobe lights for attacks... Espers summon giant blades with their mind and hurl them towards their foes as well as swing them just like a sword. End of the day either class fits your description but... I've played both... long time paladin player and I think the Esper is what you are after.