1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Memorable or funny times your've screwed up in Games.

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Mondasin, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

Just curious to see some other peoples screw ups in games, I know I've had a lot of screw ups in my years of playing video games, from accidently blowing myself up with rockets and grenades, to a screw up that I got a lot of well deserved <REDACTED> for during a Heroic Lady Deathwhisper attempt in ICC, where I attempted to heal a low health caster (can't remember if it was a mage or a warlock) using Holy shock, as it turns out they had been mindcontrolled and my holy shock instead of healing them, killed them.
  2. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

In Maple Story, I stealthed my way into Mushmom's lair. A group came by to kill her and I, a low level Thief, decided to throw some shurikens at her.

AoE ground-pound, and... dead.
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I remember one. It was funny but my guild at the time had no sense of humor and screamed at you for making a mistake on a progression fight when the mechanics were largely unknown (at least to us) at the time.

We were on Halfus. I was on interrupt duty near the ledge where the boss was shadow crashin' like a boss. Well, I made a wrong assumption that day.

In ICC, all of the ledges had an invisible barrier that you couldn't fall from. An invisible wall so to speak where there would otherwise be a steep fall to the bottom of the citadel right into Marrowgar's lapdancer hungry lap. Well, I thought the same thing would be the case in Halfus' room. NOPE!!!

I missed an interrupt and before I knew it, I was tossed off the ledge, hurdling down into a pit of lava wondering WTF just happened. I was pissed that I got lambasted for a first time mistake but even despite my raging raid, the scenario with which I died and the raid wiped was very amusing to me.
  4. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Any farm status 5-man run I have ever done with my guild. I'm horrible for focusing and just playing on autopilot when there's no challenge or specific bonus goal. I'll just start pulling 2/3 trash packs onto the tank and team to see if they can handle it, then I tend to jump myself off cliffs as well.

TL;DR I don't pay attention to farm-status stuff.
  5. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

Speaking of dropping off cliffs, does anybody remember Kologarn (spelling?) from Ulduar? wasn't my screw up but the entire raid was in tears laughing when our main tank (warrior) charged the boss to pull it, and ended up off the cliff....

EDIT - Kind of a screw up of mine was teaching the other tank in our raid that the bombs around mimiron wouldn't kill us, but would kill others... hours of time was wasted pissing off the other raid members that night.... and lots of tears were shed, tears of laughter from the other tank and myself though :roflamo:
    Extatica likes this.
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Speaking of Ulduar.....your main tank wasn't the only one who dropped down :oops: stupid druid charge right into the abyss...:p

Also:

We were in it on 1 of the 3 watchers....I was healing the main-tank and sometimes threw out some random heals, all kinda on auto pilot.

Guess somewhere in the encounter I pushed the the wrong button gaining the wrong target to heal....and since we had 2 orc warrior tanks (so the pictures was almost the same), I didn't noticed anything....untill the tank yelled HEAL ME ANI!!! OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING...too which I responded, I AM HEALING YOU IDIOT! YOU ARE AT 90% HEALTH!!!

Boom main tank dead and we wiped just because I targeted the other tank :p

And nope the rest of the healers weren't rlly paying attention aswell...that's what you get if you keep farming the same raid over and over :D Still finished the whole raid (we didn't do Algalon that night though) so it didn't matter.

Also remember the flame leviathan?....shooting people on there with a mouse that sometimes trips (got a new one after that...), they aren't really nice if you shoot them the wrong way :laugh:

Heck I think we've atleast had 1 terrible fail at each boss, also because of others things like ''mayby we can try this'' and then ofcourse failing hard!
  7. Skippy

How about the Iron council hard mode? tank hearthing back to Dal after the fight with the debuff, exploding and killing half of Dalaran...
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  8. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

1. Taunt.
    2. Wait.
    3. Bubble.
    4. ?????
    5. PROFIT.
  9. Skippy

As a paladin tank, you just gave me a HEAP of my old memories back..... and for that, I thank you! :p
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

That was this one wasn't it?
    Meltdown

But seriously I loved Ulduar! I almsot wished they made Ulduar as the final raid instead of ICC...

OH in ICC another big fail lolz, don't try to do the gunship with no1 knowing the tactics, we agreed on not reading any tactics for ICC since we were too late for ''first'' achievs anyway because we began a few days later, so we just wanted to have a great time seeing as 5 of us (10 in total) would leave before Cata came out.

I think the whole clearing of ICC was kinda 1 big fail :p But one of the most fun experiences we ever had!
  11. Skippy

Thats the one! :D

And I agree completely, try seeing a group screw up and then nominating yourself to jump across to the other ship and tank the boss when he has 86 stacks (think it was 86, it was insanely high), that was fun....
  12. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Try fighting the LK when you don't know the platform you stand on start crumbling down, or don't know what those spirits do :p

Seriously the more I think back to WoW the more I think that one raid were no1 knew the tactics was one of the most fun raid we've ever done....I wonder if I can ever make such raid again in WS :cool:
  13. Skippy

I know the feels, we went into LDW after being surprised we downed Marrowgar first time so we tried to go furthar without a clue of what to do. Our guild ended up being the first in the world (that we or anyone on tankspot knew of) to record and make public the video of our strategy that worked for us.
  14. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

I was on ICC with my guild, doing Blood Queen lana'thel. She puts a debuff on you that causes you to deal damage to allies around you, leaving a trail causing shadow damage. When you receive that u must run away from the raid until it's over. I was sleepy, almost 24 hours without sleep... I ended up napping in the right moment i got the debuff... I woke up seconds after with people screaming "GAITA, GAITA" on the skype. I just killed everybody with the shadow trail and caused a wipe :p
  15. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

I will never forget in EverQuest going into the Plane of Fear with 2 full raids and wiping and another full raid coming in to help us get our corpses only for them to wipe as well. That was 216 dead players, LOL! We ended up getting help from GM's so our corpses didn't poof and cause us to lose everything we had worked for up to that point and I believe that was the only time GM's stepped in to help players in such a way.
  16. Slakk

Slakk New Cupcake

I really hate those spirits that would spawn at the beginning of phase 2 of the Lich King fight.
    I used to pally tank it alongside a druid tank, and he would always get silenced by those ghosts and generally it was always up to me to pull them... Their aggro was so ridiculous. Even if you hit/taunt them they occasionally would kill the person that spawned them, sometimes a player didn't use a defensive ability.

Generally I remember WotLK stories the most, but I had joined a VoA pug on my paladin tank too and when 2 of us ported in a priest attacked us and we killed him. Well, the trash was cleared when we went in so we went to the fire boss... and well, my tankadin didn't tell me the <REDACTED> had dispelled my righteous fury... Thankfully, only 2 people had died and they got ressed. Now that's embarrassing.
  17. Dedlaw

Dedlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Your very first MMORPG, where you had no clue what you were doing and just put points into anything that looked like it might be cool
  18. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well TBH, for me personally WoW was my first (I did try EQ after that for some time).

And I was used to playing RPG games, and I don't think there is a whole lot of differences. So I didn't had the trouble as some other people had + I already played all WC games before WoW so I had the lore knowledge for that extra boost :D

My biggest WoW fail ever:
    Making an alliance alt.....(stupid alliance)

So this time in WS I will not make the same mistake by making an Exile alt :sick:
    Dominion forever! :up:
  19. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

So you decided to make an even bigger mistake by rolling Dominion?

Fail.
  20. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

Took me forever to realize money in EQ had weight. think I went EQ > DAoC > CoH >WoW
    Making alliance/horde alts really relied on the server, I remember making some undead alts to make a 5 man power-ranger team when some guildies were bored, and another time making a Blood Elf alt that ended up farming up to 900 gold from copper ore and handing the gold off to random people before deleting the alt.

I'll post a fail that my league partner had: Losing Baron to a support Karma Q. If anyone here knows about league of legends they'll know how sad that is.