1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Mobile DoT based Esper?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Karnaj, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Karnaj

Karnaj New Cupcake

Hey all I have been looking (lurking hehe) here for quite a while and have been consuming all the knowledge shared by all of you. Well I have decided to come out of the shadows to get some insight on what I think will be the style in which I play. Here are the skills I plan to use and the tiers I have set them at please give me any insights you may have, criticisms you may think of and improvements you may see:

http://ws-base.com/builds/generator...6.418.419.379.380.381.384.385.435.383.324.405

Mind Burst set to T1 just for some added damage on a 1v1 situation

Concentrated Blade @ T4 to decrease the delay. This will be my main Psi Point builder and damage ability.

Blade Dance. I think of this skill in a different way I think. This will be used to give me distance from my opponent (from the added speed) and build Psi Points since you receive 2 on each cast if I am reading it correctly.

Telekinetic Storm. My group finisher. What is better than making a person the bane of their own group. A DoT and a way to keep people from protecting/ grouping up.

Spectral Swarm is the bread and butter of this build and as such goes to T8. This will give me lifesteal to help keep me alive and an additional 3 aoe's on death if I read this correctly. This will also build up Psi Points.

Crush to give me a little breathing room when needed and a way to remove interrupt armor.

Geist @ T4 giving me more lifesteal and an additional DoT.

And finally Catharsis ranked to T4. Restore Health and cleanse 3!!! debuffs every 20 sec.? Yes please.

All of these are instant cast except Concentrated Blade so the poor stationary Esper is non existent here. Instant cast all of my abilities while I run around the battle field and let the DoTs do their magic. Using some amps to increase my basic movement speed and apply a snare 25% of the time on EVERY hit, I am one tough gut to get a hold of no? Anyway that is what I am dreaming up. Anyone see any glaring issues with this? Any skills I am omitting that are an absolute must? Flaws in my theory? Please rip me a new one, it will only help me in the long run.

For some reason knowing you guys on here I'm gonna regret that last sentence.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Giving us the link to the WS-Base page (filled in) can make it a lot easier for us. Now we have to ''think'' and fill it in ourselves :p
  3. Karnaj

Karnaj New Cupcake

Will do as soon as I get home. Should have thought of that in the first place.
    *Original post has been updated with a link to the build with amps*
  4. Kiszen

Kiszen New Cupcake

I was hoping he'd post that link to the build he was talking about..
  5. Karnaj

Karnaj New Cupcake

The link is in the op.
  6. Micromadsen

Micromadsen New Cupcake

Well I like it if that means anything. :p

I obviously don't really know anything about how it will work considering I haven't really played the game. But it does look reasonable and would make the Esper much more mobile.

I'm in doubt about what class I should play and so far I'm standing between Stalker and Esper. But I'm leaning towards Stalker just because the Esper is less mobile. (I'm obviously going to play both and/or all of the classes at one point. But I just believe it's important to pick the "right" main character.)
  7. Tidezen

Tidezen Cupcake

I'm going to play a build pretty similar to this. I like your build, but there's a problem: you're gonna be really hurting for psi points. You can get 5 from your initial burst, but after that it's going to take forever to get any more. Fortunately there's an easy fix, since you have two finishers--just drop one of the finishers and add in another builder, and you'll be set.

Myself, I'm going with Psychic Frenzy--it's short range but it's perfectly mobile, and 10m is just outside melee range, so if you're good at spacing you're still kinda safe. Can add in the lifesteal to offset some of the damage if need be.

Another option is to take Bolster--unlike concentrated blade, which has to hit the target before you get the psi point, Bolster is instant, so it's great for "on demand" psi points, and keeps you entirely mobile. The heal won't count for much unless you put points into support, but it's really just for the psi points.

I really do like the idea of having swarms of pets and never having to stop moving while you run circles around your enemy, I think your build will be very fun.
  8. Geofiend

Geofiend New Cupcake

I'd probably try out Pryokinetic Flame instead of Catharsis in that build, you get damage, health return and buff/debuffs (plus my brain just started yelling "Dots! More dots!"). Though I have no idea what the heal range of that is.
  9. Karnaj

Karnaj New Cupcake

I am liking that Pyrokinetic Flame replacement. It not only still gives me a heal (still not a big one) adds another DoT but gives me one more Psi Point builder. Losing some of my healing overall all ticks included but I am gaining damage output and psi builders. This would also allow me to keep both my finishers for different situations. This may work I will have to try it, just not sure this will be my main anymore. Then again my main has changed... what... 4 times now?
  10. Cruxxy

Cruxxy New Cupcake

There's another build on ws-base with this idea: take all the lifesteal tiered skills. It's very mobile and looks like a very solid PvP build.

However, for PvE, I don't think you can have a build without TS. Yes, it's stationary, but the damage seems so strong right now. I think the min/max-ing for DPS espers will be all about positioning and getting as many TS in as possible.
  11. F8L Fool

F8L Fool Cupcake-About-Town

I just checked out the link and it has me sort of concerned. Using only three builders that each have 10s+ CD 's would really hurt your damage output. Think of it in the terms of a Rogue from WoW only using a 5 point finisher once every 13 1/2 seconds. Spectral Swarm is 12s CD according to the tooltip and the others are over 13s when you include their cast times, meaning you'd get 5 psi points every 13 seconds (2 Concentrated + 2 Blade Dance + 1 Spectral Swarm = 5).

Almost the entirety of your damage would be coming from pets rather than finishers. Without some filler builder of any kind you'd probably end up dying before the mob did. If you're dead set on a DoT build without a spammable builder you'd need some support to sustain it, or utility to keep them from smashing you. Plus you have a direct damage finisher so that isn't really a DoT build. You could replace it with Restraint for more DoT and that utility.

Ineresting idea. Unique that's for sure.
  12. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Espers do have a mobile builder available later, but it's very short range. I think that the first builder you get, since it's stationary, kind of limits the options you have until much higher levels because of it when you can use AMPs to overcome the need to build more psypoints.

The thing is that the fastest way to build the points is using the spinning psyblades and your ranged builder. The mobile builder, well. You still have to run close enough to actually use it?

Personally, I think most all of the esper's mobility questions could be solved by changing the first builder to mobile. But! That first builder does pretty good damage mostly because it has stationary cast. So it's be stationary and do more damage, or be mobile and do less. Guess it would be nice if every class had the option of both a stationary or mobile builder.
  13. jedc22

jedc22 New Cupcake

what happens when you finish your rotation and then someone comes by and uses their catharsis type skill and removes half your DOTs from up to 5 people? runninpure DOT builds with these kinds of over the top skills around seems a little risky to me, when half your roto can be cleansed from pretty much their whole team with one skill.
  14. Karnaj

Karnaj New Cupcake

At least two of those DoT's are kind of like summoned pets, therefore do not get removed by debuff removers. Carbine has been pretty smart in the way they implement things so that your situation doesn't really have a way of occurring.
  15. jedc22

jedc22 New Cupcake

those two might be the only two to ever stick for a decent period then, with everything hitting 5 of this and removing 5 of that....
  16. Karnaj

Karnaj New Cupcake

there is only one other DoT in the build
  17. jedc22

jedc22 New Cupcake

hmm, the way it was worded made me think most of them were DoTs among their effects, the build site doesnt work the way it should for me, lead me to believe he was going for a "pure" DoT build, my bad.
  18. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

When did a Damage Over Time become a Debuff?
    As far as I know the only 'cure' for a DOT is healing; is it different in WoW?
  19. jedc22

jedc22 New Cupcake

its on the debuff bar is it not? 0.o its an effect that hinders you, so it only makes sense. same way it worked in ToR
    Kataryna likes this.
  20. ButeoRegalis

ButeoRegalis New Cupcake

Without considering PvP, which I didn't get into during my few beta stints, in the end I settled on this
    http://ws-base.com/builds/generator...6.418.419.379.380.381.384.385.435.383.324.405

-Mobile builder that heals a tad
    -Concentrated Blades for opening and whenever recharged, assuming I can aim the pencil thin tg from this spell while on the move
    -"bird strike" is main DPS
    -Bolster for 2 quick psi points, a HoT you can keep running on cool down and some extra absorb
    -Catharsis for cleansing, though you can optimize a bit if you know you won't need it and use something like spectral swarm (which I didn't get to try out)
    -the rest is all about control: Crush, Restraint, Shockwave to KD, slow and KB, which will a) keep you alive when kiting some 2+ boss around by yourself, and b) provide you with the openings to land your bird strikes after a successful interrupt