1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Mordesh dissected - A theory that very well possibly be true

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Xalon, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Xalon

Xalon Cupcake-About-Town

I mean that the Luminai already knew of the Mordesh heritage, they wanted to let them die so they were the only claims to the heir, because technically anyone that had similar blood to Dominus who was also a half-blood or to the eldan would have a reasonable claim. But upon seeing rachel's post.

I would like to think that my theory still stands still, maybe the blockade was there for also that reason. However, the Mordesh did escape, maybe the Dominion didn't find out about this.. Or wouldn't they try to recruit to them.
  2. Xalon

Xalon Cupcake-About-Town

Yo
    You do realise that the art is like a long way apart. Maybe even a year, I'm sorry if you don't see the high Cheek bones, ears, eyes, noses, chin and general facial structure as well as body structure ( height and width ).

Maybe you should've taken a closer look other than shooting down my opinion without even properly observing.
  3. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

So, the Mordesh were never part of the Dominion first, though that really does nothing for or against your theory, simply stating that it's inaccurate. They were invited, and before they became part of the Dominion (and probably as a gesture to prove their amazingness) they attempted immortality, which critically failed (space zombie apocalypse on themselves).

Being that the Luminai are actually in charge of the Dominion gives me reason to believe that they wouldn't attempt to recruit the ones they're attempting to "kill." Also, if the Luminai successfully recruited the Mordesh to the Dominion, they would then have all of the Eldan heirs under one faction, so... It doesn't make sense to kill off the Modesh, but not the other Dominion races, being that the Dominion Empire would have access to all of the technology from the Eldan.

If the Mordesh are also descendants of the Eldan, the Luminai don't know it, or do know it and are stupid. This would mean they simply see the Mordesh as a useful race for the Dominion and wanted to recruit them, though the Mordesh could know the origins and be keeping it secret, or the origin could be unknown. It's just not logical for two heirs to technology fight over it if they're both on the same side and get all the same benefits from finding it.
  4. Xalon

Xalon Cupcake-About-Town

Theres no proof that they did it to amaze the Dominion, they did it because they wanted Immortality.
  5. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

That's why it was in parenthesis, it doesn't matter why they did it, it was personal conjecture that they did it to show off. They also aren't space zombies, as they were never dead, but it's easier than saying, "They took a widespread immortality serum which was supposed to keep them alive forever, but instead, it turned them into ravenous mindless shells of themselves, and instead killed most of them."

No proof, but it wouldn't be far fetched to assume their hubris also made them say "Not only can we gain immortality, but I bet we could do it by tomorrow."
  6. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

Actually lazarin became obsessed with the idea of immortality after he lost his wife (and possibly child we don't know of her situation). It wasn't decided upon as something they should be aiming for, it wasn't done "to show off" at all, this much we do know.
  7. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

One thing the Mordesh and Luminai have in common is that they're supposed to be exceptionally "pretty" people. I think the reason for the similar facial structure is simply because the severely angular look is supposed to represent that. The ears also strike me as a coincidence, simply a way to show that they're "alien".

They both have their thing as "pretty but alien", which is a pretty limited thing to have, so the similarity seems pretty coincidental to me.

There's also the fact that if the Mordesh did somehow have a planet full of Eldan-blooded people, the Dominion would have taken a much more active interest in them. Keep in mind that the Dominion belief is that the Eldan's disappearance is due to them ascending to godhood. The Luminai are the very highest ranking members in the Dominion. Anyone and anything with any connection to the Eldan is automatically a high priority for the Dominion. That does not coincide with the Dominion's laissez-faire attitude toward the Mordesh.

Finally, it just doesn't have any place in the lore so far. Every scrap of info we have about the Eldan and the Dominion states quite plainly that the Cassians are, without a doubt, the chosen scions of the Eldan. It's essential to their identity. Meanwhile, there hasn't been a single word said about -any- connection between the Eldan and the Mordesh. Not even in passing.

It's a fun idea, but the factors against it outweigh the factors in favor of it.
    Sonntam likes this.
  8. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Yeah, but you know his sponsors and investors were like, "Hey, Lazarin... if you get this done by the time we get into the Dominion, there's some extra cash in it for you and your fam."

And Lazarin would go (based off of his interview), "That maddening mistress, which molests my mind. I can but reach out and rectify the real relentless request of remorse from my reaction to bereavement. I've seduced the sciences and will sanction a sampling by Sunday."

Then the sponsors will say, "??? Does that mean yes?"

Lazalin, "Yes."

I mean bio-sciences and pharmaceuticals these days are as much about marketing as they are solving health issues. And we know the story of the Mordesh is that of hubris, because they attempted to solve immortality and were cursed instead with it (effectively, if you go long and short answer). So, it started off as an obsession, but could have been rushed due to the Dominion thing, and that's why it failed.
    Sonntam likes this.
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Yo?
    I was in doubt to even respond to this....why?
    Because your post is a compilation of ''you reading things completely wrong or bringing it out of context''.

1. Who did I quote? You or Skippy? Yup it was directed to Skippy for most of it.

2. Reread what I quoted! I marked the word ''Facial'' <--just like this, I didn't say the body structure wasn't matching....cause it does, but clearly you think I was talking about the body aswell....

3. Why am I shooting your ''theory'' down? reread what I said:
    And then tell me how this = shooting it down?
    Cause if you perceive this as ''shooting down'', then you'll perceive this so many more times on forums....
    This part was kinda for you! The first part wasn't!

So please, reread if someone writes something and you don't agree with it, cause it can save alot of trouble :up:
  10. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

Actually, lips, nose, chin, forhead, eyebrows and cheeks are all very minor things, look at how much each of these change inside of our own races, even relatives often have different to a parent as a lot of children take more after one parent.

I'm not saying the races are twins, I am not saying the races are the same or look exactly the same. I am however saying there is a resemblance. The mordesh bones obviously protrude a lot more as their flesh has literally been eaten away so they appear much skinnier.

We know the luminai "resemble" the eldan but they arent spitting images, obviously a pic of an eldan would be better to compare to a mordesh for this subject but I don't believe we have seen eldan yet? I may be wrong here though.

Oh also this "tattoo" or "birthmark" has no baring what so ever, again this comes down to me saying mordesh are NOT luminai and obviously shouldn't be compared in a sense that they are. Again look at us as humans, we don't all have birthmarks, and those that do don't really have the same one.
  11. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

After staring at the pictures for the mordesh for a while I the words "Undead Elves" came to me.
    Apostate likes this.
  12. Xalon

Xalon Cupcake-About-Town

Look at the <REDACTED>ing face, Lol. High cheek bones, ears, eyes, and similar chins. As well as largeish noses. Just because the hair is different as well as the marks doesn't mean they don't look alike. Yet you didn't respond to the facial facts I gave you in my post anyway...
  13. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

While I still like the Mordesh, I'll admit that I was a little let down by the fact that they look more like night elves than Forsaken.
  14. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I do believe that among their options we do get to color their skin?
  15. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

I stopped reading after the second line and went strait to checking on the comments. Since the part of the joining the Dominion was discussed and more conversation was created after that, I went back to read the rest of the OP's theory.

I'd say the reasoning is okay, if you're into connection conspiracies ;) , but everything relating to them as being part of the Dominion is off. The Mordesh were the envy of the galaxy due to Alchemy achievements, so I'd say that envy would tie in with their appearance as well. The original Eldan-human offspring was created to be the envy of the galaxy, so why not share some similar facial features? Does this make them related? No. Plenty of NPC factions may very well be related if we're going to make that tie-in :D.

Ranges from purple, light blue, pale white and to green atm from SSs.
  16. The Big Q

The Big Q Cupcake

Hey you know who else has high cheekbones and a strong jawline? Humans do. You know what else they have? A narrow waistline with broad shoulders and oversized phalanges. I bet they have a little bit of Eldan blood in them too.

No but seriously, how would the Mordesh of gotten their Eldan blood. And even if they are half Eldan why did the Eldan bother to go and designate the Cassians as their scions? Because it has been made very clear that the Dominion is a creation of the Eldan. And that it was, to some extent, guided by them in its actions. And if the Mordesh were half-Eldan why weren't they included in the Dominion from the get go. And what's their other half? There are a lot of inconsistencies here. It makes the whole thing seem somewhat unlikely. I just have a hard time buying that the Mordesh are Eldan hybrids.

I think the superficial similarities are simply due to the art style being used by Carbine. Almost all of the races have that body structure (even the draken are pretty similar). And these races are supposed to be "gorgeous aliens" aka elves. So it's natural that they look similar. And there are some pretty significant differences between the appendage structure, plus their faces aren't that similar.

In short I'm not buying it. It just doesn't fit.
  17. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

but the everlife elixier/contagion would have been made to fit there phisiology, they even said the mordesh fear that the desiese will mutate and spread so technecaly the blockade had had one use.....to keep them from eating the rest of the universe(even though i dont think you can drive a space ship while you have the overwhelming urge to eat brains and rip people to shreds):)
  18. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

There isn't any information on how many species were infected. Only that the Mordesh definitely were. For all we know we'll wind up fighting Contagion-Riddled-Aurin after one of the Mordesh goes off his meds while in a camp or fortress. The Black Death that decimated Europe, after all, was carried by Rats and transferred to people.

And while a Mordesh who is infected might not be able to pilot a ship, if he breaks out of containment on another planet where research is being done on him: There's a good chance he'll be able to infect others. Heck, you've seen zombie movies. There is always one dumb person who hides the fact that they're infected!

-Rachel-
  19. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

yup the do hide it and then ill evrybody else!!!!!!!!!;)
  20. Xalon

Xalon Cupcake-About-Town

A update: Mechari have been confirmed to be present as Exile NpC's hmm