1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

most disappointing game you guys ever played

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by mge_br, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Lumzk

Lumzk New Cupcake

Diablo 3 sadly.. I had such high hopes for that game. :(
  2. duet

duet Cupcake

For me, GW2 and D3... neither games kept my attention for as long as I thought they would :c

swtor was disappointing in the long run, but I felt like I got my money's worth during the time I played though, was on a close knit server and met a lot of awesome people who I still talk to now (some are coming to WS yay!)
  3. crowsong

crowsong Cupcake-About-Town

I will one up you all and tell you the next game I KNOW will disappoint me. TESO... don't wanna admit it, but if they keep to a 2013 release its gonna flop so hard I might actually let out a tear. Games that made me sad...
    MMO's (in order)
    • Diablo 3 (do i even need to say??)
    • Guild Wars 2 (kinda expected it with no PvE endgame, then they broke there MO promise... FAIL!)
    • TERA (Was beautiful, great combat, but so lackluster and grindy
    Non MMO's(in order)
    • Skyrim (Even MORE TES themes removed! too many things were mainstreamed :cry: )
    • Oblivon (To many TES themes removed compared to Morrowind :()
  4. Nintarie

Nintarie New Cupcake

Aion will have to be in for me. I still, to this day, 2-3 years after playing it, lament that a game that enchanted me so with its music and beautiful environments could turn out to be such a grindfest!
  5. Bird Flu

Bird Flu New Cupcake

I was in the rift beta and I have to say that was a real let down. The game just felt like a poor wow ripoff but the worst thing was the fact the the game namesake was just a frustrating repetitive mechanic. Rifts got old real fast and if you didn't clear them <REDACTED> would hit the fan and you wouldn't be able to quest or anything.
  6. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

Definitely Diablo 3. I don't usually get too hyped about games, and when I do they usually meet my expectations. That was not the case with Diablo 3 though... I played Diablo 2 so much when I was younger, and I have never been as hyped for a game as I was for Diablo 3. Before release, I used to defend all Blizzards decisions and I had a lot of faith in them, I could see nothing wrong with Diablo 3, despite a very different skill system and the RMAH etc. The first few weeks of playing Diablo 3 was really fun though, but as time went on and you really started to feel the effect the AH had on the game, I started to realize what a letdown it was. In order to get upgrades for you gear, you spent as much time (if not more) on the AH as you spent playing the actual game. Considering how much I played D2 (on and off for over 10 years) I thought for sure that D3 would last me a very long time, but no. Blizzard killed by favorite franchise.
    Lumzk likes this.
  7. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

Count me in for the Diablo 3 boat. Blizzard showed us a lot of things in the years before the game came out and they looked so good. I was so surprised when I heard they decided to completely redo D3 but I didn't think too much about it until I got it in my hands. It makes me wonder if things would have been different if they had stuck to the original plan.
  8. Prometheus

Prometheus Cupcake

First Planetside, such a great concept no way to pull it off.
    It was soooo buggy and there was always lag in battles.
  9. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

Maybe RF online and for sure Swtor!
    I knew when i was buying Tera that maybe this game will fail not cause of the bugs but because we Europeans are not that pleased with the whole Asian Themed games!

Also i was so much dissapointed by Darkspore.The UI was bad and the gameplay was so boring!
  10. Jersaun Korris

Jersaun Korris Cupcake-About-Town

This right here was my experience with the game. Followed it for two years with my clan (Silver Wolf Clan) until its release. The game was great in the beginning, but then the problems started just as you pointed out. I'm still looking back, and just sighing at that game. The Conan universe has such good lore, and.....Man I can't talk about it anymore.
  11. Galosha

Galosha Cupcake

Fallout 3 :cry:
    Gothic 3
    Skyrim

As for mmo Tera maybe.

I'm not into long waiting and high expectation for new games, but for series that i love.
    Rakkis likes this.
  12. Verilyn

Verilyn Cupcake

Final Fantasy XIII
    Skyrim
    Diablo 3
    Tera Online
    Mass Effect 3
    Dragon Age 2
    Fable 3
    WoW - Cataclysm
    WoW - MoP

So much disappoint
  13. herbalz

herbalz Cupcake-About-Town

i'm goin oldschool with this lol banjo-tooie!

They showed secret areas and easter eggs in the first banjo kazooie game and promised, with some crazy cartridge swapping tech, that when the new one came out you would be able to swap out the new/old catridges and unlock all the secrets of the old game. Then N64 changed their system so it couldn't be done when the new game released I guess.

Broke my heart as a child lol but other than that yea diablo 3 was not what I expected let's just leave it at that haha
  14. Bull

Bull Carbine Sr. Systems Designer

Master of Orion III
    Yakzan likes this.
  15. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

You know, I had a really hard time thinking about my most disappointing game because nowadays I go in with very low expectations but to be honest, I have completely forgotten about the huge mess Master of Orion 3 was. I believe they even recalled it after all the poor reviews and such. I almost wish you didn't remind me about that. I both applaud and curse you for remembering that.
    Bull likes this.
  16. Mat'hir Uth Gan

Mat'hir Uth Gan Cupcake-About-Town

Oh, Geez, where to start....

Everquest 2 at launch. I was in Friends and Family beta for years working to make that game better. I detailed the problems to the developers personally, and they pretty much thought the game was too big to fail. Whoops. Amazing that a few years after launch, most of the changes made were ones I argued for in beta. That was most disappointing to me. I wanted that game to succeed so badly because of how much I loved Everquest 1. And they ignored not just me, but ALL the beta testers. So, that was heartbreaking to know I did all I could to help that game be great and they just did not care. But, that's SOE. And why I have no expectations for EQ3.

Vanguard. What a mess. This was supposed to be the best game of all time, especially for Everquest 1 addicts that thought Brad McQuaid was God. And I still do. But, they screwed this game up so badly. Another game where I was in the beta from the onset and co-led the largest beta guild, Voodoo. We knew the developers personally and worked on dungeon design, bosses, and tuning raid encounters. They did listen to us. But the game was too hardware intensive for it's time, they misjudged where technology would be, and nobody could run the darn thing. They also went WAYYY too wide on scope at launch, the game should have launched 1/3 of the size it did. Maybe some part of it would have been finished then. Still, the potential of this game was incredible. Has some of the best classes and races of all time. The dual targeting system was great as well. I loved the people at Sigil. I loved the game design. They just ran out of money and the game came out three years too soon in terms of what average home computers could run. And about 50% complete. With some of the worst coding in history.

Honorable Mention to GW2, SWTOR, and Rift. For the love of God, can we stop making casual oriented, solo-focused MMORPGs. They all fail because nobody wants to play an MMO that isn't centered around group gameplay. Hoping for the best with WildStar, but it reminds me greatly of all three of these games. All were fun. For a couple months. And then were completely forgetable. I just need one of EQ3 and W* to be good.
  17. Jersaun Korris

Jersaun Korris Cupcake-About-Town

I know a lot of people say it's happy ending syndrome, but I was really disappointed with Mass Effect 3's ending. It's like my choices from all three games really didn't matter.
    Rakkis likes this.
  18. Purple Rose

Purple Rose Cupcake-About-Town

I was disappointed by Vanguard:Online.It was an awesome game but got destroyed.I will not judge anyone but some mistakes made during the games launch and after that and game ended dead!
    That was sad.

But talking for no-MMORPG i will prolly say DarkSpore.Hoped it will be awesome game but ended being simple and easy and really complex to understand what to do with chacter customization.
  19. Roland Daemon

Roland Daemon Cupcake-About-Town

Brink.
    Sonic Adventure 2
  20. Dwel

Dwel Cupcake

The only one I can think of (recently) is Ragnarok Online 2. So much hype for depressingly unenjoyable gameplay.