1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Most rewarding class

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Schrenker, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Schrenker

Schrenker New Cupcake

Hi!
    I liked the game, and I'm sure I will be playing it. However I don't have any way to test the game out. So I want to ask about class choice. I can play literally anything, I like all the classes and I'm kind of person that can adapt to any playstyle, any class etc. So my question - is there a class, that is difficult to master, but when you do master it, it becomes very very rewarding, especially in pvp? Thanks for help in advance.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Seeing as we are still in Beta and the level cap is only at 36 we can't say anything ''correct'' about that.
    For all we know the characters are completely different at level 50 then they are now at level 36 in PvP.
    So if you are looking for a ''good'' answer....then you have to wait till people can even get to max level.

But I'd say 1 thing.....the class mastery = mostly about mastering the movement!
    If you are used to a movement based MMO, then your in luck. Otherwise you'll have to get used to it, but it pays off. Whoever masters his movement to the best possible, will feel it in PvP! (and PvE for that matter)
    Irullan likes this.
  3. Schrenker

Schrenker New Cupcake

I actually wanted to add, that I just have to move, I can't play slow, stationary classes, I hate them, my playstyle is based on alot of movement :D Also thanks for fast reply :p
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Then pick Esper the last I guess....Espers have (to my knowledge) the most stationary spells.
    Then again they make up for it with heavy CC spells.
  5. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

as in most threads in class discussion this is completely subjective.

everyone will say that X class is the most rewarding class, because it is the class that they have more fun with.

but the X class will rarely be the same for everyone
  6. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

I would probably say Medic. I don't believe any of their moves make you stationary and many of their abilities are more about proper placement and less about targeting, it seems. So you'll have to constantly be reading the battlefield, both friend and foe, and anticipate where to put your abilities. Though, all the classes require this to some degree but my impression so far says the Medic does this the most.
    Xecks likes this.
  7. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

i think medic is probably the answer too. i do think a well played spellslinger or esper might eat people in pvp but medic is currently one of the classes wrecking people when played well. the other being stalkers but with the low health pools i imagine anyone with huge burst will kill alot of people as long as they have time to set them up.
  8. Irullan

Irullan Cupcake

Spellslinger, hands down. In reference to earlier posts about medic- doing highest damage isn't what makes a class rewarding- it is wrecking but in totally epic ways. Right on that cusp of possible and impossible. This makes SS hands down the most rewarding class. You have to be slippery, skilled, and aware. We haven't seen many great streams from their perspective but when you do you are on the edge of your seat- will they get away? Will they get the kill?! Way more rewarding than ploddingly pumping some squares at the ground- damage meters aside.
    Schrenker likes this.
  9. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

Something I didn't really think of before is the fact that one doesn't have to take any of the "lock-in-place" spells on the Spellslinger or Esper, so yeah, it really comes down to a player's own style and build. With that in mind, I'm afraid you'll have to discover for yourself, Schrenker, which is the most rewarding. Should be good times. ;)
  10. Schrenker

Schrenker New Cupcake

Thanks everybody for answers. I think I'll try spellslinger once I get chance to try the game. I like movement aspect, longest range skills and that tactical aspect of when and on what skills I should use my spell surge. Also can anyone tell me if spellslinger can be main healer in this game, or it's like, medic is true healer and ss and esper are just supporting heals?
  11. Irullan

Irullan Cupcake

You can main heal as a SS! I would argue that they have a good chance at being the strongest healing class when played well. A lot of the reason you don't see them healing on streams is because they really don't get many strong "bread and butter" heals until after 15. Esper and Medic are certainly strong early on- but come end game SS is going to give them some strong competition. As you may have guessed... I plant to play one :up:.
  12. Schrenker

Schrenker New Cupcake

Aurin Spellslinger, here I come :D
    Irullan likes this.