1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Movement DevSpeak Released, ZAM Interview

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, May 9, 2013.

1. Dnevnoy

Dnevnoy Cupcake-About-Town

Rick Astley confirmed faction leader?
  2. Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan Cupcake-About-Town

He just wanted to tell us how he was feeling. Tried to make us understand.
    Jarinolde and ruff_ethereal like this.
  3. Andreas

Andreas New Cupcake

So I see a couple of new things in this video, also I am wondering a bit about something.
    First off, I think we are seeing a new class at 0.50 and at 2.13 whether it being an engineer class or "just" a stormtrooper I do not know.. At 0.50 we see this class using a rifle and at 2.13 he got it hanging on the back (READ: NOT on the side like the pistols that we see spellslingers got!!)

Second, I am pretty sure we are being introduced to a new race as well, the Squid men, I base this on what we see pretty clearly at 0.36 and furthermore the more I think about it I am almost certain that the Squidman (their faction leader's name??) at 0.36 is also the new ranged class, because of what he got on his shoulders, which could be either guns or aiming devices.. What do I know?....

Also at 0.34 we see something that could be a female Squid (esper?). Atleast I think it is a female Squid because of the head..
    But let us talk about esper for a second, I thought the class with the oversized "ninja star", in different variations throughout the video, on their back was/is a new class as well, I am not as certain about this as the other things. But I base it on the fact that if you look on the http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/the-game/classes/ and you read on each of the class specific pages at the top it says a bit about the class, amongst other things something about their weapons! Also their weapons are being used as background photo in that very section, you can see warrior=tech sword and we see a tech sword, spellslinger=dual pistol and we see a pistol, stalker=claws and we see a claw AND NOW TO THE POINT: esper=PSYBLADE and we see a psy-energy-hulkhand kinda thingy and NOT a "ninja star"!!! Then I know someone linked something about espers having the "my little pony leap of happiness" but I still thought to my self when I saw all the examples of characters in this video running around with "ninja stars" that it might not be espers, but someting new? Maybe something shapeshifterish (yes, it is a word!)

Also, the facts about weapons I just talked about makes me 100% sure that the riflewielding Startrooper (let us call it that instead of Stormtrooper, Wildstar and all...) is a new class since spellslingers use DUAL PISTOLS and not rifles and possibly extra guns/mini-bazookas/aiming devices as shoulderpads..

Hope you got feedback and critism or you enjoyed reading my thoughts!

On a small sidenote I am freaking PSYKED about this game!! Looks soooooo good and I can't wait to get started!!! Really hope it comes out 2013 and I predict it will, just before christmas, I am thinking something like mid to late November possibly? Both because I think it will be ready for launch by then and because it would make sense economically speaking for them.
    It will be the best freaking christmas present EVER and I would be sure to get it because I would give it to myself :) Until then I will continue to read forums, watch DevSpeak and listen to Nexus Weekly (keep up the good work guys!) :inlove:
    Izukar likes this.
  4. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Those are Espers. The giant, ninja-stars you see on their backs are Psyblades. They come in many, many different variations, but if it looks like a shuriken and is placed dead-center on their back, it is a Psyblade.

The the Stormtroopers are indeed one of the unrevealed classes. So far, it seems that Carbine intends to show us what we all know is the case, but leaving the finer details like how they play for when they themselves actually know the answer.

A small comment about your comment: damn that was confusing. Everything seemed to run-into one another into this massive jumble. I got your point, yes, so there's nothing wrong with the clarity but the style and formatting is a little problematic. Could you please work on it, for the benefit of us all?
    Haversham likes this.
  5. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Plus points for Carbine hiding a message in the paragraph of the M30 Patch Notes. "Leak This? Sure."
  6. Syberchip

Syberchip Cupcake

Yeah, me too. Ugh. :rolleyes:
  7. Izukar

Izukar New Cupcake

The two remaining classes appear to be a rifle wielder and a staff wielder so yeah, probably an engineer type.
    I'm betting the squid guy is either an npc or a costume. Look at the size of his head! How could we fit a helm around that?! :p
    And at 0.34, that's a human esper. There are plenty of videos showing espers using psyblades like that, telekineticly throwing them at enemies. :)
  8. Corruptdevil

Corruptdevil Cupcake

SPAAAACCCEE!!!!!
  9. Alexai

Alexai Cupcake

The rickroll was my favorite part of the video. Not even gonna lie. I love this studio - TAKE MY MONEY!!!
  10. Andreas

Andreas New Cupcake

I agree it is an esper, but I really don't agree it is a human, look at the entire design, it really doesn't look like a human at all.. :)
  11. Rayqauzay

Rayqauzay New Cupcake

Jokes on them i can't view in UK ^^
    Khrusky likes this.
  12. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

Yeah lol...didn't quite work out for those of us in the UK... ;)
  13. Noxx

Noxx New Cupcake

It's refreshing to see a new video I'm getting all hyped up. I wonder how is the subscription? I hope it's buy to play.

:) dont wanna see trolls in-game :)
  14. Isli

Isli New Cupcake

[​IMG]
    when he says the "quadropla" jump thing, you can see a creature in the doodle, looks like the science coala/rat things in Deradune.
  15. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

With our insatiable appetite for all things WildStar these videos are always very satisfying as we spend days dissecting them, but I love how the DevSpeak narrator has created his own little cult following just off pure charisma.

I wish great things for Carbine they really seem to be going out of their way to make this a special experience for all of us.

"what up?"
    Alverad likes this.
  16. RedShift

RedShift New Cupcake

Imagine it was the last race but with a massive mask on so you couldn't identify it.
  17. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

There's one small thing I noticed that worried me: In 1:56 the dev talks about keeping the meter in mind to get dibs on a node - does that mean nodes are first come first serve like in WoW? D= I'm not too sure how I feel about that, considering what a pain in the butt that was.

On the other hand, if it isn't too hard to make a mine plug at your home, I guess it's not too big a problem.
  18. SirRobin

SirRobin Cupcake-About-Town

I don't recall anything from Carbine about nodes being closed, like they were in GW2.
  19. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

Best part in the video.

Lol, "when taunt mobs going "HAM" on your group"
    cali likes this.
  20. Oziriz

Oziriz New Cupcake

There are both pros and cons. It was kinda weird in GW2 as well, seeing someone chopping in mid air because you already mined or chopped down the vein/tree. But indeed some frustrating moments in WoW, but overall the system works fine...