1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Multiple Leveling Paths

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by SniperCT, May 28, 2013.

1. SniperCT

SniperCT Cupcake-About-Town

This isn't as big an issue for some players as for others, but I've always found being restricted to one or two general leveling paths tends to burn out altoholics like me. Before they added additional content for the mid-game in Lotro, it was extremely tedious trying out other classes once you got about level 12ish, because you pretty much had one path with only a few variations until you got close to cap.

It was even worse in Rift.

Essentially, I'm hoping for a wide enough variety of questing content and alternate ways to level. I know they want to focus on the Elder Game, but I like to try all the classes.

Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  2. Outlaw

Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Well you can level from PvP, questing, grinding mobs, and your path. The main factor will be the speed of leveling each path allows. I, personally, detest questing. I hate running back and forth, I never read the quest info, and I hate that it seems to always be the best way to level in most games. Here's hoping that W* is as accommodating with this as they're trying to be with everything else.

3. Ellianar

Ellianar Cupcake-About-Town

Path give path xp not "regular" xp

4. Outlaw

Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Scratch that then. Thought the soldier missions that start events gave regular xp as well.

5. SniperCT

Multiple ways to gain XP definitely help.

6. Kaelang

Kaelang Cupcake-About-Town

Linear questing, for me, isn't a biggy. I usually rush through them and don't read any of the text to hit end-game. I'm not an alt-whore so it doesn't bother me.

BUT.

When I quest, I feel like I'm wasting every developers time who put effort into that said quest as I'm not one for reading, i'm one for progressing. If they can someway incorporate what Neverwinter did with questing (make them speak, and constantly speak even after you've left the quest giver) I'd be more inclined to listen to the NPC and what his issue was. Rather than looking at the objective and how many more X i have to kill.

Then again, hybrid levelling is always fun.

7. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I think she means more places to level, not necessarily different ways to level.

In EQ, they added leveling zones frequently in expansions. I'm glad they did this. However, WoW only added new leveling areas for new races (1-20 zones in TBC and 1-12 zones from Cata onward) and zones for the newly added levels in expansions.

I'd love to see a new MMO consistently add new leveling zones through patches and even expansions to make the leveling process more choice-heavy. They could even add new or alternate starting zones so we can have racial starting areas as well. It's sad that MMOs are moving away from racial starting zones and capitals towards one big city per faction.

8. SniperCT

Lotro added several leveling zones in patches. Then did a lot of leveling zone revamps.

9. Menchi

Menchi Cupcake-About-Town

After so many MMOs going the questing-to-level route, I've gone back to preferring the mob-spawncamp-grind style of leveling. It's odd, I know, but I would certainly not be opposed to this being an actual option in a new MMO for a change. As in, comparable to quest grinding. Sprinkle in some PvP leveling, and I think most folks should be accommodated.