1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Music in Wildstar

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by VooDoo, Feb 18, 2013.

1. VooDoo

VooDoo Cupcake-About-Town

Been listening to some of the music for Wildstar on Soundcloud. Overall, the music composition is beyond excellent. However, being that I had not listened to much of the music before I went to the soundcloud page, I was expecting music with a more folksy or strings feeling to it. Sort of like what we hear in Firefly or in Borderlands 2.

Im not sure why I expected it to be like this, but after listening to the clips of music I just felt like it could have been slapped into any MMO. Just lacked some personality. So, not to come off as a complete negative person, does anyone have some tracks that are their favorite or something that really strikes the personality of Wildstar?

*edit* "Justice doesnt always wear a badge" would be mine.
    iago, Ender, Mua'diib and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ayr

Ayr Cupcake-About-Town

Cheers buddy, checking that link out.. so far so fab.
    Tom Servo likes this.
  3. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

I agree that it would be really cool to have something kind of Firefly-esque sounding in the game (though I am probably biased that way, being a huge Firefly and Joss Whedon fan).

I really like the 3rd section of WildStar MMO OST Cues. It's slower and almost more eerie and intriguing, as if you were exploring a hidden cave with ancient Eldan relics inside that capture your imagination. It's lovely and beautiful sounding.

The 4th section of that same sound clip, WildStar MMO OST Cues, has some stringing music in it! It is actually a lot like music you might hear in Firefly or Borderlands, so I do enjoy that one a lot as well. :D

Systematic Domination - the Dominion Faction Theme! Sweet. Even the title of that is perfect.

The Cold Science of Supremacy reminds me of something you'd hear in Portal. Really sci-fiy and easy to listen to and love. This is probably my favorite that I've heard so far!

I need to listen to more of these still to find other favorites.

EDIT: Oh! Here's another good one! The Path Less Traveled - really beautiful.
  4. Umbra

Umbra Cupcake

Thanks for the post, was good to get a glimpse of the music that will appear in the game. I also though am not feeling it that much, (not slam me for the next sentence) I have never seen Firefly although I love Joss Whedon but I agree with the folk feel. It would fit nicely into the artistic style they have which, I have said before, Is very Borderlands 2.

Although I like the strings on the Cues.
  5. Mua'diib

Mua'diib New Cupcake

6. VooDoo

I almost get a sense of "Depeche Mode" in the track called "The Cold Science of Supremecy"

oh and just as a sidenote, not all of these tracks are wildstar related. I think theres some from pirates of the burning sea among others.
  7. Mua'diib

Mua'diib New Cupcake

VooDoo likes this.
  8. Umbra

Umbra Cupcake

9. VooDoo

10. Mua'diib

Mua'diib New Cupcake

Ah thanks :) It's not very original I know, but Dune is one of my fave movies ever, I'm a nerd!

Does the red deagon mean you're welsh?!

Also "The umbra (Latin for "shadow") is the innermost and darkest part of a shadow, where the light source is completely blocked by the occluding body. An observer in the umbra experiences a total eclipse."

So you like dark, you should play a Stalker!
  11. Umbra

Umbra Cupcake

Scottish, close enough :D

Dune is an awesome movie, I am surprised it has not been revisited to be honest!
  12. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

I really like the music of wildstar a lot. The Dominion theme is suitably epic as well :p

The hunt really fits in with the Draken culture and environment can't wait to see how the music will flavor the world in the game. :D
    Patrician likes this.
  13. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

The tiny details is what makes something awesome to legendary. The ingame music is one of those details that can make the experience even cooler.
    Looks like Carbine have this under control.
  14. VooDoo

ya I agree. Im one of those audiophile nerds that always leaves the game music on and can be a real stickler for audio and how it sets a games environment. This goes beyond just the music also. A bad audio experience in a game can give as much as an uncanny valley feeling as poor character models and animations.
  15. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Ah good, one game where for months I won't be listening to my own music, but will prefer the in game soundtrack while I play. ^^

I mean, usually at release I always do that, listen to the in game music... but after awhile I think I just get bored. However when I listened to the Dominion theme I immediately wanted to put on a playlist. Not something I usually end up doing in MMOs.
  16. The Fiery Fox

The Fiery Fox New Cupcake

The music on Soundcloud has been excellent so far. If this is the quality found in the game overall I'll be happily leaving the in game music on all the way. I'm also someone that plays MMO's and tends to mute the music due to it being too monotonous after a while or the older areas having really irritating music while the new ones have good music. Definitely buying or downloading the soundtrack once the whole thing is put up somewhere.
  17. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Definitely a fan of the music so far, I really love the Dominion theme and the Cold Science of Supremacy. :)
  18. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

I am definitely a fan of the music I have heard. It will really add to the environment I will be playing in.
  19. Caedos

Caedos New Cupcake

Loved how you could actually hear that the Dominion is an empire in the soundtracks, makes you feel pretty big and (as a redneck Exile would say) BADASS.
  20. Dpz

Dpz Cupcake

The songs really fits the "western" theme, wich they like to call it, they made a good job on that, those i heard was little to upbeat for me personally and it sounded like it could be used in any action movie coming out. Without a video of the world while playing the song i can't really get the feel of it yet, but sound like some battle music mayby? Atleast we're not forced to lissen to it, but i will definitely keep it on to get the full experience.

In general i like more chill music that gives you this "mystery" feeling when you enter a zone if you know what i mean. Vanilla wow soundtrack does this very well.

Feel like an WoW fanboi everythime i mention that game, even if i hate the game today i've always been a big fan of their amazing music. :whistling: