1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

My guild history + concerns

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Yianna, May 26, 2013.

1. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

I dont think age is the primary concern here its the level of maturity from the player if anyone whines and <REDACTED>es and throws a fit because he didnt get teh epix he can gtfo a certain level of proficency and understanding of gameplay mechanics is also requried during raids and most people just find older players to understand and be on the uptake generally quicker that said the capacity for younger people to pick up and learn somthing should not be underestimated not to mention they typically have more time on there hands to practice read up mechanics and perform other research

the only concern with age I can genuinly think of is the chat/activity/social aspect of the guild I dont wanna be playfully flirting and swearing like a sailor talking about tabboo and adult topics late at night after raiding/grinding to the point of exhaustion with someone in there teens accidently, mind you when I was a teen I was smoking and drinking and taking drugs and swearing a hell of a lot more then I do now though I wuddnt want to paint everyone with the same brush :cautious:
  2. Nemeses

Nemeses Well-Known Cupcake

My point about not letting under 18 in has zero to do with maturity its only the kiddies here who jumped to the conclusion its all about them & thought it did ( Sengar you not included :D).. tho I guess playing a game when you in your 30/40 with a snot nose little 14 year old is not what I want, but that's not the reason we don't allow under 18 into our guild!

And on another point why should you care, if someone created a guild and said we don't want anyone over 6ft into it, or anyone over the age of 25 I would not be annoyed I would not even question it, its their guild to sort how they want, but if your a immature kid I bet you will cry no end about it.
  3. Apothecary

Apothecary Cupcake

I mistook your wording and the only way you could find my age was by inspecting my profile atleast i have the balls to admit my age because im not scared of it, it just the way i read your post being dyslexic i mistook some words.
  4. Kebab

Kebab New Cupcake

I joined my guild when I was 18, now I am 24 and still playing. Short to say; I do not have any major concerns regarding my guild. With a somewhat basic understanding of human interaction it is honestly not hard to join nor staying in any kind of well-established guild. Lie about your age if you have to, who is honestly going to check :p

If you can keep your dramatic side in check and not become overly butt-hurt by hearing a vicious comment or two on voice com, I bet you will be able to join and remain in almost all guilds that is out there. It does not sound like much, I admit, but then standard on the internet is not really that high. :D
  5. Freelancer

Freelancer Cupcake-About-Town

It's also a psychological thing. We recruit 18+ as well, but we knowingly have younger members. By clearly noting that we are aiming for 18+ it sets a standard of maturity that applicans/recruits expect to perform. The younger lads act more mature than they normally would for example. So long as they bear our TL tag, they know they are representing an image.