1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

My impression after 6 classes and lvl 9

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Gronky, May 10, 2014.

1. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

I can get all classes to 50 and see if I like them. I can level them all at the same time when I want to. Me still trying means that I can't decide which one I want to level first. I think it tells a lot of good about WS's classes design.
    To be honest my best pick when it comes to fun playing it is Warrior class. I just love that spell when he (actually its she this time) does four pirouettes in the air swinging her sword. And while she does it I can still move 360 degrees around my target :) The only thing I dislike about my warrior is that I never remember to turn on my main skill which adds +30% to damage. I always remember about that main skill when playing stalker though as it seems crucial for that class (though I will most likely forget to turn it on again if fight take more than 20sec when cd is off).

From ranged classes I would be all over and over engineer if I could keep space marine mode constantly on :p It looks awesome.
  2. Bnol

Bnol Cupcake-About-Town

Unless you are a closed beta tester you are limited to level 30 in open beta. So if you have absolutely no idea what class you like, and you have limited time, it is much better to experiment then just guess and push to 30. I thought I was set on the medic, but then I started playing the SS a bit which I initially hadn't been interested in. If I would have just leveled my medic or my warrior to 50 and not tried out the SS I wouldn't be in the current conundrum of not knowing whether to go medic or SS for a main.
  3. Gronky

I wish I could decide which class to level first :)
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Oh sorry...you just aren't hardcore enough to get higher :p
    Oke, truth be told currently I probably level ten times faster then most people who are new. Cause to me it wouldn't be that hard to get 30 a that short amount of time.

But indeed I think I just looked too much to myself. My first toon took me a long time aswell (and is still stuck somewhere around level 34-37) but after doing it so many times you kinda go on ''auto'' and level so darn fast.
  5. Bnol

Bnol Cupcake-About-Town

Oh I agree, for me personally I leveled the SS to 30 before really starting the debate with myself on which class I would want to go forward with.
  6. Gronky

Well, I must say that my 4th time getting to lvl 9 was much faster but it is normal I suppose. I don't know when I hit 30, I'm not rushing. I about a week and a half we have a bank holiday here and I will be playing Wolfenstein:NO and then Watch Dogs. I just hope none of them will be good enough for me to skip WS's early start days. But as some wired chua has said on my profile, WS is a life and not a game, so I think it won't run and you can always go back to it ;) (but honestly, I will never miss the launch :))
  7. Gronky

Update after open beta:
    I didn't get higher than lvl 18. I haven't done dungeons yet but went to one adventure. It's not enough content to draw any conclusions but for now I can say that WS reminds me about Vanilla WoW, how it felt when I played it. Some "first MMO" mystery I had playing WoW first time is obviously not here but other than that I can't say anything bad about the game. If I never played MMO before I'm sure I would feel exactly the same as when I first played WoW. Ah, I like all the classes now except medic which I didn't play to higher lvl than 3. My favourite classes for now are Stalker and Warrior but I'm sure this will be constantly changing.