1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art My very first Mordesh characters

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by kaimarshall, Oct 3, 2013.

1. kaimarshall

kaimarshall Cupcake-About-Town

2. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Sufficiently alien looking, unnerving, yet still very much appealing, though I do have an issue with how well-preserved their bodies are, with the lack of any blue veins or signs of rotting. Early detection, early dosage? We may never know.

Lovely work on the Vitalus. I would have enjoyed seeing the bone and organs floating in the soup, but the opaque glow is very, very pretty.

Woo, look at those hands and nails. Well-manicured, and well drawn. Good job.

Lovely hair. I like the small contrast between the DJ P0n3 (as I call it) and the other hair style. I like the look of the shaved section. If I had a complaint, it would be that Pink's bangs are cut perfectly straight.

The little piercings and baubles were nice touches. Gotta love body piercings.

Their robotic parts and metal casings are placed interestingly. They highlight their impressive assets well.

I like the nodes. Nodes are always fun.
    kaimarshall likes this.
  3. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Really cool designs. I for one am glad you didn't show the organs floating. :p (..we'd see the pink one's lungs, liver, pancreas, and bottom of heart.. if mordesh have those.. :alien:)

First thing I thought when I saw the shoes though was, "their legs are going to fall off!" ..but it looks like they probably won't.
  4. kaimarshall

I totally get what you mean about the smooth and flawless looking skin. However, I started doing digital art like a week ago, haha. My artistic skills are still very limited :) Same goes for the opaque liquid inside their glass thingies. I wanted to make them see-through, but drawing what's on the other side of a circular glass, can be a bit tricky.

I'm glad you like my hands! I struggle with drawing hands and feet (feet more than hands)... Drawing those took some serious amount of time, lol.

About the hair, I actually have an Aurin drawing I uploaded few days ago with straight, short bangs. I myself have the same style of bangs in real life as well, so I wanted to try something asymmetric and different. Notice how the hair on the purple-ish Mordesh is longer on one side, than on the other :)

A big "Thank You" for your comment! I really appreciate it :)

EDIT: I misunderstood what you said, I'm sorry. Yes, the bangs are too straight, thus making the hair looking a little fake... Not that the hair looks realistic in the first place. It kinda looks like rubber hair haha. But yes, I see what you mean now :)

EDIT: I count it and I started doing digital art 10-11 days ago, not a week. Just felt the need to clarify on this silly detail :p
  5. kaimarshall

Haha, this actually made me laugh. Thank you! As a real life platform boots whore, I can tell you, it's not all that hard to walk in that type of shoes. Now, I don't suggest running in those!
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I'm gonna be blunt :p I don't like the nose of the pink one. And the X leggs...well that's just something I personally don't like to see on characters.

But overall a pretty good job on it! Despite some of my personal dislikes about certain features you've did a good job!

You can be proud on yourself :D
  7. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

Good work. What tablet do you use?
  8. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

Don't mind Extatica, he's just mad that this isn't a chua pinup that he can fap to... :sick:

But as I said in the status section, hawt! Good job, brah :up:
    ruff_ethereal and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  9. Jabberwocky

Someone please make this for me. :inlove:
  10. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

Since nobody else has said it, Dat ass!

Jokes aside though I guess mordesh can be cute too, not just dark and sinister... Great work! Just don't go wasting your talent by drawing some dominion, it won't look any good (not of your fault obviously), trust me.

Hope to see more from you cos you are doing well for someone just starting with it!
    kaimarshall likes this.
  11. kaimarshall

Wacom Bamboo Capture, I believe. Though I just checked on their website, and I remember there being two types to choose from (I could be wrong). Apparently they only have one now, but I got mine about 9-10 months ago. I just remember it being really cheap, lol. Perfect for a starter like me.

This is what it looks like:
    [​IMG]
  12. kaimarshall

It's okay, I don't expect anyone to like everything. Thank you for the comment :D
  13. kaimarshall

Haha, thank you. I don't have any desire to stop, and I hope it stays that way. I think being 8 months art-free was a long enough break for me :)
  14. Jabberwocky

Nice and thanks.
  15. kaimarshall

Sorry, I just had to try this haha - thought it was funny. I might color it eventually.

[​IMG]
    Hoody and ruff_ethereal like this.
  16. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

haha that is cool! except the part about it being a chua, but pretty well done none the less.
    kaimarshall likes this.
  17. Jabberwocky

Nice Chua pinup. You should try coloring it like a traditional style tattoo.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  18. kaimarshall

Thanks. No idea how to do that, but I've been wanting to learn.
  19. Jabberwocky

I would recommend looking up traditional tattoos and paying attention to the line work and coloring. They are supposed to be simple but at the same time have amazing detail.
    kaimarshall likes this.
  20. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Very nice, once again :) What program/tool do you use?

Also +1 for Chua pin-up.