1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art My WildStar Fan Art

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by kaimarshall, Oct 16, 2013.

1. kaimarshall

kaimarshall Cupcake-About-Town

Oh, I see. Thanks :)

So I made a quick sketch of the overall plain body. First of all, ignore the warrior sword. I had sworn you said you wanted her to be a warrior (I misread that part).

Anyways, Let me now what needs to be changed, or if everything needs to be changed. I don't think I drew enough muscle on her. She's just as twiggy as the rest of my characters, lol.

You also mentioned the hair needed to be long, but at the same time in a regal style. I usually picture those fancy type of hairs in an updo, or something. So, I went for the elf/princess lose hair tied up at the top. No idea how to explain it. Of course this is temporary. You let me know what is it that you want exactly.

After rereading your post again, I noticed I had totally forgotten about the scar (derp).

Chizuna's Char (Cassian).png

Edit (even though I haven't even sent this yet, lol): So for what I've gathered, you do want a warrior sword too right? Along with an admiral sword, and a scabbard thing for them? Two different types of swords? :eek:

I'm sorry for all this, I'm a little tired. But for some reason I wanna keep going with the basic sketch.

I found some sexy Luminai concept art. Although, I'm not sure what their role was in this drawing? I didn't get that part either xD Is it that you want your armor/suit to have a similar concept to theirs?

Concept_Luminai_English.jpg Toric_Antevian.jpg

Thanks for being patient lol...
  2. kaimarshall

I'm sorry to everyone we're spamming :(
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Just a heads-up....it was never confirmed that Toric Antevian was a Luminai...he can also ''just'' be a imperial guard. I'm 99% sure it wasn't confirmed, so we can't say for sure. I personally don't think he's Luminai (i'm 95% sure of it).
  4. kaimarshall

Yes, he does look more like like a guard than anything else. A holy looking one, at that. I just added it because his armor has got a similar concept, and that's what we're talking about here :)

Also, I started to doodle as I waited for the correct information on the character, just for fun.
    Siflay and Chizuna like this.
  5. Chizuna

Chizuna New Cupcake

I did indeed ask for n Admiral-like sword. Not a warrior sword. I do apologise, I probably wrote it in a confusing way. ( I tend to do that often. ) - My "Warrior Sword" part was referring to the Nuclear-powered base the Warrior Swords got. The thingys that also give them their glow and such? I would like to see that in the Admiral sword. So it's like the same "Tech" style sword. But different in size and shape.

The Luminai reference was for the Armor style. I would like to see some similarities. ( This is only for the Armorings. )

One thing I might want to add as well, would be her Jaw and visible ear. I would perhaps like the jaw to be raised a bit. Rounding it versus edging it. I think it would suit her with a Rounded jaw and higher sitting ears. ( Granted it might wind up looking ridiculous. But perhaps you'd be willing to give it a try? )
    I am very fond of the long legs, yet I would perhaps want to see -a little- more upper body length. Not much. Just a tad would do.
    You have matched the shape of hips/rear in accordance to the upper chest very well compared to my mental image.
    I am not sure if this idea would work, but could you perhaps a -very tiny- bit more upper hip width? To connect the rear to the main body abit more.
    I quite like the hair so far. It will be easier to pinpoint anything that might be issues atm, once she is dressed.
    That all said - I am very amazed with the speed you pushed this out. It looks great, clean and opens up alot of possibilities to work with.

Looking forward to your updates. This is becoming a full-time interest of mine. Draw, my Undead Exile. Draw! Perhaps I shall then decide upon a less mottled gravestone for you!

Kindest Regards,
    Chizuna.
    A fan. ( Not stalker. Yet. )

Edit; Just saw your armor sketching. Most of it looks pretty amazing Especially the boots and waist-cloth. However If I could get some visible heels on those boots it would really be awesome. ( Loving the boots appearance so far. Can't wait for coloration. )
    Also. The belts could perhaps become whole-piece cloths instead of leader with holes? Perhaps cloth with a Clasp instead, or somesuch. It looks a tiny teedy bit too babaric with those belts, I feel.
  6. kaimarshall

Oh! A Wildstar style admiral-like sword. Got it :)

Don't worry, I'll fix the face. I'll also make the torso a bit longer, and increase the size of the upper part of her hipbones.

I agree with the belt looking a bit too out of place with that armor. I was actually gonna make that the scabbard but I never really finished it. I need to think of a way to make it match the rest of the armor.

By the way, this is is just a rough sketch. The end result will be much cleaner. I'm jut getting the ideas down on the canvas :)
    Chizuna likes this.
  7. Chizuna

Chizuna New Cupcake

Well. Truth me told, rough sketch or no - It looks epic. I wish I could draw like this. ( I spent 15 minutes trying to copy your original sketch in hand, 20 minutes ago, but I did not even get anywhere close to your result. )

Awesome on the first part, about the fixing of body proportions!
    I was thinking something like a.. Old-school silken scarf with like a golden clasp, sort of belt, that could maybe flow down one of the hip sides. A Sword scabbard -could- probably be in such a thing. Not sure though. It might be abit "Paladin'ish" in thought. Armor with cloth and such.
    But then again.
    I ain't sure what would look good. So I'll bring out my opinions and we go. ^^

Kindest Regards,
    Chizuna.
    kaimarshall likes this.
  8. kaimarshall

Thank you so much; that means a lot :inlove: All you have to do is practice a lot until your hands and head hurt. Every day. Nah, lol, but yeah a lot of practice and observing. Also follow a lot of tutorials, even for the simpler things. Copying other people's art for learning purposes is also suggested. You gotta start with the basics though. Once you do, you won't look at things the same any more. You're gonna want to study them and see how they work. I least I do, haha. Happens to me whenever I learn something new (not limited to art). I remember when I started to do digital art a few months ago (I believe. I don't keep track of time), and learned the basics of shading. Now, I can't look at things without seeing shadows/highlights/difference or colors/and everything else in it. Then I picture myself drawing it, and it's crazy.

I'm babbling <REDACTED>. That means I'm tired.

Anyways, I'll give your idea a try. Anything can look good if you make it look good. For now, though, I'm off to watching supernatural, and then going to sleep. Night :D
    Chizuna likes this.
  9. Chizuna

Chizuna New Cupcake

Best of sleep to you! Thanks for all the info.

Kindest Regards,
    Chizuna.
    kaimarshall likes this.
  10. kaimarshall

I never went to sleep. I got distracted haha
    Chizuna likes this.
  11. Chizuna

Chizuna New Cupcake

Bad habit, I tell you. =} It took me quite a while to get to sleep myself.
    I assume you have slept a little by now, though? Health and such should be maintained. Granted I feel silly for telling a Mordesh that. Ah-hahaha.

Kindest Regards,
    Chizuna.
    kaimarshall likes this.
  12. kaimarshall

Haha, yes I did get some sleep. I started working on your drawing right after I woke up :) I'll post what I have so far once I'm done flat coloring. So you can tell me whether it's right or not.
  13. kaimarshall

Here's the flat color version :D I'll be shading it some other time, my hand is tired and I almost have a blister on my thumb lol...
    Chizuna's Char (Cassian) white.png

EDIT: By the way, I did fix what you told me to, even though it probably doesn't look like it at first sight.

I rounded the face a bit, raised the ears and jawline, elongated the torso, and added heels to the shoes. Oh, and of course changed the sword. I'm really sorry if it didn't come out how you probably expected it :( Trying to mix admiral sword with the WS tech was a bit difficult, besides from the fact that I can't even draw swords. lol

I also added the scabbard/holster(?) thingy. It looks shorter than the sword because of the angle it's at. But I probably failed with that too.

I hope you like it so far :)

EDIT2: I also fixed the hips/waist.
    Dysp and Chizuna like this.
  14. Chizuna

Chizuna New Cupcake

That looks really, really nice.
    Could you try to color the hair in a coal-black sort of coloration though? I would like to see what difference it would make.
    I really like how the face looks "Softer" now. And less bony. While she maintains her arrogant face. I like that. ^_^
    The armoring looks good, although I would really love to see some red in it. Not in a dominant fashion but to show some faction-color. Bright red would be good. ( I am not thinking in big patches. But perhaps the lining of some of the clothes or some such. Gold White and Red should be a decent combination of colors atleast. Some Black would also work if you think that might be decent.
    Again I am absolutely amazed. This makes me want to be able to draw so badly. ( I am guilty of having watched several tutorials since last I posted on that note.

Looking forward to your next update.
    P.S, I would like to blow on your thumb, that the blister might disappear. ( My breath got those healing properties, cause I am such a superior race and all. )

Kindest Regards,
    Chizuna.

P.S(2), While I have you on the subject of finalizing all of this. Might you be interested in making this into an Avatar Picture to use on forums aswell with perhaps a Signature, not unlike the one you use yourself?
    I've pretty much already fallen for your take of my character. :3
    kaimarshall likes this.
  15. kaimarshall

Here is the black hair version:
    Chizuna's Char (Cassian) red.png

I also made a version with the lights on the armor in red. Reason I didn't add black or anything to the armor before, was because I was trying to keep the Luminai color scheme.

Making an avatar picture and signature is definitely possible :) I'll do that once I'm completely done with the drawing.
    Chizuna and Dysp like this.
  16. Chizuna

Chizuna New Cupcake

Awesome ;o
    Yeah, I totally get the color scheme. But I thought it would be a good idea to clearly represent Dominion colorations aswell though. Then people won't have to think twice.
    I like both hair colors, to be fair. And I would not be sure which one to pick. Would it perhaps be possible to remove some of the "Loose Strands"? To make it seem meticulously well kempt? I did not notice with the Pale/blonde hair, but it stands out a bit when it is black.

Super awesome on the Avatar/Sig.
    I do not know I am asking a whole lot, by the way. I hope I am not being too difficult!

Kindest Regards,
    Chizuna.
  17. Chizuna

Chizuna New Cupcake

I spent 15 minutes a day or two ago, trying to copy your sketch. It did not turn out well in my mind.
    Today I was heading to bed ( 30 minutes ago or so. ) - But. I thought I'd try drawing some more on the same attempt. So I spent 15 minutes more, drawing up the lines, darker. Adding minor details whilst also adding some clothes. I actually think the result was decent! I was pleasantly surprised as I really do not think I am any good with a pencil.
    I am going to link it here, so that you can laugh at the head I drew horribly wrong. Even if it sucks, it's you-inspired. Be proud!

Kindest Regards,
    Chizuna.

PS; I added the drawing as a "File." Not sure if that is how I am supposed to do it! Sleep well when you get there.

Attached Files:

18. kaimarshall

Hey! The drawing came out pretty good considering the level you're at :D Congrats.
    Remember to start off your drawing with a very basic sketch of the idea you have in mind, making the lines long, soft, and flowy (light because you're gonna wanna erase them later). Once you have the idea down on your paper, go over it once again with darker, neater lines. Same goes for the hair. Unless you want a choppy look, make the lines long and flowy to get the basic shape of the hair. I like the fact that you didn't try to draw every single strand (a lot of people tend to do that).

For the legs/feet, I'd say it'd be a wise idea not to try to copy mine. I'm not that good of a drawer, and if you make the feet too inwards, your character will look like it's got a leg disease xD

For great tutorials, I suggest you check out DeviantArt. That's where I get all of mine from.

Anyways, I finished your drawing. Let know which one you like best, so I can make the signature. By the way, I suck at shading natural colored hair.

Chizuna's Char (Cassian) black.png Chizuna's Char (Cassian) blonde.png
    Dysp and Chizuna like this.
  19. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Good stuff Kai! Keep the art coming :p

More exile stuff please! :D
    kaimarshall likes this.
  20. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

she looks soo good :geek:
    I get this vibe from her.....

Rich Eldan/Dominon Girl
    "ohh how very droll, an exile.. somone get me a gun I dont want to dirty my sword... "
    "you! soldier shoot this...this... thing in the head" - walks away

Dominon Soldier
    "Yes Ma'am!"

Exile
    "wha!, no no...wait!, hey missy come back and an' fight!...."

* a gunshot echoes in the distance*
    Rich Eldan/Dominon Girl - *smirks*
    kaimarshall likes this.