1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Recruiting (NA) Warpath: Competitive PvP Guild

Discussion in 'Dominion Guilds, Circles and Warparties' started by Chooby, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Chooby

Chooby Cupcake

[​IMG]
    Server: North America
    Faction: Dominion
    Guild Type: PvP
    Voice Program: RazerComms
    Voice Server: "Wildstar: Warpath (search "Warpath")

Guild Information:
    First things first, we are primarily and always going to be a PvP-focused guild. Our ultimate goal is to have top ranked teams in each PvP setting (Arena, Battlegrounds and Warplots). We differ from other PvP guilds in a number of ways, starting with our recruiting policy.

We don't have a minimum age requirement. There are 15 year-olds that are more mature than 20 year-olds and we'd be glad to have them join us. This being said, maturity is important and we expect members to respect each other.

We don't have a skill requirement. At one point the best PvPers were beginners. We plan on promoting high-skill active members of each class to become mentors that will give advice and train our other players. As long as you have a desire to improve, you are welcome to join us.

Core PvP Groups:
    Climbing the ranks takes more than just throwing random people together. Officers and Leaders will assess the strengths of our members and combine those with favorable class compositions. Teamwork and communication are essential components for success.

Our core battleground groups will be formed based on a combination of activity, determination, skill and class composition. Secondary groups will be formed as well and will often sub in for absent core group members if needed.

Warplots are massive and can run 20vs20 or 40vs40 and therefore will only have one core group and many substitutes until the guild gets larger.

Arena teams obviously may be formed at will with other members. If custom arena games are a feature, we will often skirmish within the guild to practice.

Community Involvement:
    Outside of standard Arena, Battleground, and Warplot matches, we plan on taking part in a lot of world PvP. In fact, we will dispatch groups of our members to contested zones in order to secure them for our faction's community. If any player from our faction gets ganked and is having a hard time leveling, they could whisper one of our members and ask for assistance. World PvP can be fun and a less stressful way to practice and improve.

Intra-guild Events: (Just a taste of other things we will do if members show interest)
    We plan on setting up several other PvP-related events on a weekly/monthly basis. Here's just a small sample of the stuff we'll be doing if members are interested.
    - DuelCoin (placeholder name): Guild members bet on the combat prowess of two of their fellow members. Using in-game Guild currency, (gold, crafting materials etc) we will split a prize between the members who correctly guess the victor of the duel. Duels are sometimes quick, so the bout will be determined in a best of 5 or 7 series.
    - Skirmish (placeholder name): Guild members will form arena or battleground teams within the guild and fight each other. These will most likely take place once or twice a month for large prizes. (Assuming WildStar will allow for premade arena matches.)

Warpath is looking for officers and founding members! We hope to find many members of this great community among our ranks during beta and release!

-- Guild Update --
    July 31st, 2013
    Hey guys, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up with the guild's initial progress. Lately, a lot of our members have messaged me with questions about the guild and also expressed their excitement to get the guild going. I too, am excited to get into the game and make waves in the PvP scene with all of you. It is my understanding that we have quite a few PvP veterans from WoW and other MMOs such as Guild Wars 2 -- these members, along with those of you who are newer and eager to learn, will provide us a great beginning foundation for success.

As I mentioned before, we will be looking at the playstyle and experience of each member in order to make effective comps and/or practice with other members. If you have expressed interest in the guild, or new to our thread, please take this opportunity to fill out the following short form so we can get an idea of how many members we have pre-launch.

Name: (Likely to use in game)
    Class: (If undecided, just let us know)
    Years of PvP experience:
    Time Zone:
    Most convenient time to have a meeting in the next month: (Time of day)

The years of experience is irrelevant to gaining membership; so don't feel embarrassed if you don't have much.

We WILL be having a guild meeting -- it could be as soon as this week, or as late as the end of August. It all depends on how many people post the above information. With the game approaching Open Beta in the next few months, I want to have the guild organized and ready to go from the start. Positions in our Warplot and Ranked BG teams are open and up for grabs!

Please fill out the form ASAP and keep and eye on this thread! I will announce our first meeting very soon.

Thanks!

-- Guild Update --
    - September 22nd, 2013 -
    Time for a much-needed guild update!

No new WildStar news as of late, no date on the return of the beta either. I'm glad they're just taking the time to make the game successful and not just pushing it out unfinished. That being said, that leaves all of us without a game to play, (and without a guild to start) for the time being.
    A few of my friends and I are playing WoW to pass the time -- doing arena to warm up for WildStar. All of you are more than welcome to join us if you feel like renewing your WoW Subscription; they even made it so you don't have to be on the same server to arena with your friends now. For those who are interested in possibly making a temporary guild with us, we are on the server Korgath (PvP).

Anyways, back to the matter at hand -- we have are currently in the process of working on our website/guild forums. As soon as we get those up we can get everyone registered and use those to communicate as well. As far as our own voice server (vent/ts/mumble) goes, I've decided that it is best to wait until Beta gets re-launched to start hosting one. I still would like to have a meeting, but as I mentioned earlier it is tough because of everyone's current schedule. That being said, you can add me to your Skype list if you have any questions or suggestions. My Username is "The_Choob" and when you search for me my first name will come up as "Nick". Just send me a request stating your WildStar Central username.
    I will try to update more often in the future; hopefully we'll get some news on the beta re-launch in the coming weeks.

That's all for now.

- Chooby

- Guild Update -
    - November 17th, 2013 -
    Finally!

We have some news! Beta testing has resumed and we finally get to see a ton of gameplay with all of the classes. I personally couldn't be more excited for Spring -- and with the launch of the game comes the foundation and first days of our guild. As we approach launch I want to get things organized; and the best way to do this is with our own voice/text chat server. I've decided to start with Raidcall.

EDIT: WE HAVE NOW SWITCHED TO RAZER COMMS - SEE POST BELOW:

Quick update!

We are trying Razer's VOIP program out for now in place of Raidcall. We were experiencing server disconnect issues sometimes with Raidcall and one of our members recommended Razer Comms as a replacement. After doing some research and installing it, it seems like a great replacement. It also has a smartphone app and in-game overlay which would be very convenient while we're smashing Aurins and Granoks on Nexus.

After downloading and logging in, go to your groups tab and hit "find group" search for "Wildstar: Warpath" or alternatively, copy and paste this group ID: Uq0Iuf_PW5qI2kh-

Hopefully we can get most of you hanging out in the server so we can start planning goals for open beta and launch. I'm also going to start getting our name out there so we can get some other great people for our guild.

That's all for now! As always, keep your eyes on the thread and join up on RazerComms! It's a free download. If you have any problems getting registered or finding our channel, please let me know.
    Until next time,

- Chooby
  2. Cono

Cono New Cupcake

GOOD FAMILY FUN RIGHT HERE
    edit for seriousness
    Chooby likes this.
  3. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Welcome and good luck with the guild! :)
  4. Chooby

Chooby Cupcake

Thanks Kurik!
  5. Juggz

Juggz New Cupcake

Looks good. :p

(Serious mode)
  6. Cono

Cono New Cupcake

I noticed that Choob didn't mention anything about recruitment process in his post. Just wanted to take a second to let anyone who is potentially interested in joining us to post in this thread and let us know! We don't have a "recruitment process" per say at the moment, so just posting in here will let us know your interested. Looking forward to seeing you all in game!
  7. Batzorig

Batzorig Cupcake-About-Town

Sounds like you guys are off to a good start. I'm not sure what content will have my interest primarily in Wildstar, but I'll certainly keep you guys in mind for PvP.
    Juggz and Chooby like this.
  8. Roo

Roo New Cupcake

I'm interested in joining, I've been a 4 time gladiator in WoW and have raided at top 10 US rankings, I recently quit WoW over 2 months ago and i'm extremely excited for Wildstar to come out even more so because you can level up from PvPing.
    Juggz and Chooby like this.
  9. Chooby

Chooby Cupcake

Awesome, Cono and I have some high-rated arena experience in WoW also. Can't wait to see how Arena turns out in WildStar! I forgot to mention (and I'll add it to the thread sometime today) that we'll most likely have people in the guild that will want to level primarily from PvP - we'll probably have some guild groups running through battlegrounds to level up from day one.

Anyways, glad to hear you're interested; feel free to grab our logo url from one of our signatures and at it to your own if you like! We'll keep you posted on any updates to the guild on this thread.
  10. ReaperRoC

ReaperRoC New Cupcake

We're you guys sith on kaas city in swtor?
  11. Chooby

Chooby Cupcake

Nope, this is a brand new guild.
  12. Cono

Cono New Cupcake

I played a lot of swtor when it first came out, and the content grinded to a halt leaving me with nothing but a bitter taste lol but no, we are not the warpath from swtor :D
  13. ReaperRoC

ReaperRoC New Cupcake

Ah ok, we played with those guys occasionally. They were fairly decent. We still had the better pvp team :-p but yea, EA reall ruined that game. Which is sad because it was really fun until we beat all the pve content and the pvp was boring.
  14. Methios

Methios Cupcake

nice arena competition
  15. Roo

Roo New Cupcake

Definitely going to be leveling purely from PvP which is what I really like about this game, hopefully it's viable not as nerfed as it is in WoW as they said they want to let you play the way you want so if I don't wanna quest I hope I can just spam BGs til level 50
  16. Cono

Cono New Cupcake

Yeah this is something I'm really hoping for as well - I don't mind questing, but let's be honest, I'm looking to really straight on PVP from the get-go and if we can get a good group going, it should be a breeze.
  17. Roo

Roo New Cupcake

I'm hoping they have some gear you can buy or something when leveling through PvP that will let you stay competitive against the people who randomly que at higher levels with quest gear and you're still in like level 10 quest gear because you jumped straight into PvP.
  18. Chooby

Chooby Cupcake

Did you hear about "Rallying" yet? Apparently they scale lower level people up in PvP so that it becomes more of a fair fight. I'm hoping they implement this and do it correctly.
  19. Juggz

Juggz New Cupcake

Yea I agree.
  20. VicViper

VicViper New Cupcake

Looking forward to some sick pvp.
    Chooby likes this.