1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Neverwinter

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Kurik, Mar 8, 2013.

1. imrevned

imrevned Cupcake

Are all of the servers located in the US? Any ones that are west/east coast specific?
  2. iiFrank

iiFrank Cupcake-About-Town

I will download it tonight or tomorrow morning. The servers are slow right now with so many people downloading because of open beta :(
  3. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Yep. I wish I had known that before I forked over the 60$ mainly because I got nothing else to play. Oh well, guess I'll just install wow and try to squeeze some more out of it. God, there is nothing to play until November.
  4. Dalty

Dalty New Cupcake

A good grip of us SVG people were on Mindflayer last night. A very fun drunken/delerious dungeon run of Cloak Tower (4-man with no tank) ensued. Look me up Dalty@Daltari if you are interested in joining the Subterfuge chaos!
  5. B00TE

B00TE Cupcake-About-Town

I still need to try doing a dungeon, I missed being able to do Clock Tower on my rogue. Getting too sidetracked by foundry and other quests haha.
  6. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Hmm What to say.

Its a fun game but the fact that it takes so long to earn currency to buy stuff like mounts and companions is frustrating. Its not a game that I want to sink that much money in because I dont think ill play it for long and I know i could pay 60 bucks get a founder pack and treat it as a b2p game but just seeing the prices of mounts in game is choking the collector in me. Fun game , very fun , but that zen shop is craaazy .
    I think ill just save my diamonds and eventually earn enough to convert to zen to unlock a new class down the line when they add more .
  7. iiFrank

iiFrank Cupcake-About-Town

I'm on the Dragon-Server lvl 15CW if any WSC guilds are on this server let me know or i will just wait until all the servers are combined i guess :cool:
  8. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

I have landed in Neverwinter as Ragnar Ragnarsson - Dwarven Cleric of Moradin! Dependant on how much I play, I might be up for a little teaming. Mindflayer server (because Illithids are cool!)
  9. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

On mindflayer server as Veckna (Control Wizard) - just messing around with some mates, any game that charges real money for respecs can stick it's cash shop up it's own arse though.

Not a fan of certain design decisions like DoT attacks doing no damage as soon as you break line of sight to the target though (real genius behind that one :rolleyes:) - have to tank normal hits versus ranged mobs now :(

Other than the few major issues it's pretty good fun though, skills rooting you in place takes a little getting used to after GW2 but it's not as bad as I first thought it would be.
  10. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

FYI, I created a character on Mindflayer.

Her name is High Lady Suroth. (cleric)

So far I don't care for the gameplay. Kinda stale. Dodge mechanic is not that great I may have to revert to my FPS keybinds to use it correctly. Although Shift+Left = dodge left so if i get used to doing that.. eh..

EDIT: Yah really don't like neverwinter. :/
  11. B00TE

B00TE Cupcake-About-Town

I said it in another thread (kinda), but the more I play the foundry quests, the more I yearn to replay Baldur's Gate 1 and 2.
  12. Chosenxeno

Chosenxeno Cupcake-About-Town

It's ok. It's kinda like World of MOBA(to me lol) since my binding are the same as in Smite(right down to the ultimate) and the mouse setup is similar. I'm going to see if their healing changes my perception of healing in these Dodge Roll MMOs. The 1st instance where you, basically defend a fountain, has done very little. I Probably could have just made a sandwich.
  13. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

Ugh hate this game. Annoying music. It appears I'm forced to do quests? If that is the case that will NEVER fly for me. I need to be able to walk out into some zone and just kill mobs when I feel like it. For hours on end. Also can we kill towns people plz. OMG they annoy me.. gtfo of my way. We should be able to kill towns people ala.. Skyrim or even Assassin's Creed. Throw me in jail whatever.. turn my name red.. i don't care.. but when I wanna pull out my sword and stick it through some fat pedestrian.. well I should be able to do that. :p
  14. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Blood and Sand is a fun one (Spartacus references abound).
    For more 'olde schoole' D&D style the Dweomerkeeper series is very well done - only short 'episodes' of 15-20mins or so but loads of nice lore in there if you choose to read it via the optional dialogues.

The enemy pathing is quite nice - almost gave me my first death as I'd trained a load of mobs and jumped down a small cliff thinking to lose them as I ran through a zone - the sneaky sods all jumped after me which is the first time I've seen that :D. Got my only death so far zoning into a quest right after - you take fall damage on zone in and I wasn't at full health when I entered :(
  15. Valin

Valin Cupcake

I made a Guardian Fighter (thiefling) named Listeria on the Mindflyer server. So if anyone want to team up or anything I might be up for it ^^
  16. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

small reminder, we gotta have your @callname to friend you. so i'm @Katiaryna my character would be Kataryna@Katiaryna Mindflayer server
  17. Beetle

Beetle Special Cupcake

downloaded last night, I haven't made my character yet but I will be on Mindflayer with the homies!
  18. Galosha

Galosha Cupcake

If close eyes on P2W and restriction that it's imposes, game not bad but it's not something i would play for years or even months.
    Foundry is its only winning feature, without it game has no replayability. To get char to cap take `40 hours or even less and it's not seems like there lots of fun activities for caped char.
    As for gameplay its very dreary (all the same from start to cap IMHO as a cleric) limited action bar very restrictive and does not reveal the potential of classes. Being a healer in dynamic combat prove irritating for me like it was in Tera (yes i do high HPS but if i need get groupmate from low to full fast i not only need all of my 2-3 powers not on CD but get said groupmate in target and/or run to him when he runnig from mobs or aoe and even with ranged dps it not trivial) and cleric it's agro machine this is first game where i need to train all adds or even boss in dungeon.
  19. Daynejah

Daynejah Cupcake

Started playing today and surprisingly enjoying it. Very easy to pick up and play for just an hour or so...

On Dragon server currently just have the guardian thing Scarlett Hretha@Daynejah
    Feel free to add me! :D
  20. Rogosh

Rogosh Cupcake-About-Town

been playing for under a week on dragon server. Dont play great weapon fighter, they did not balance this game at all.
    Daynejah likes this.