1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

New developer on the horizon?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aldagar, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Yeah but there is a ton of stuff like that around. Look at all of the hype building around the Fallout 4 reveal and how many people want that to be an mmo, not to mention other upcoming products, like WoD, and you know there are literally dozens of huge products that have not even been hinted at yet. I mean you may aswell throw out speculation that he is going to Bungie to work on their POS :)
  2. Leviathain

Leviathain New Cupcake

3. Hob

Hob Cupcake

It's pretty unhealthy to take posts so seriously.
  4. Livnthedream

Good call, seems likely!

Naw, just tired of random people who know nothing raging on the guy. I am not defending his decisions, many of which were terrible, but he gets WAY more hate than is deserved.
  5. Hob

Hob Cupcake

I'm sorry. I completely forgot you're the only person here with any knowledge or experience.

Seriously, dude. Get over yourself.
    Ianpact, Sapien and Wildebeest like this.
  6. Oconnell

Oconnell Cupcake

Why would people of all things want the Fallout reveal to be an MMO? Ignoring the fact that...oh well, there's already a TES MMO in the works that looks terrible. People really amaze me. They think they're gonna play an Oblivion/Skyrim just with the added beneffit of multiplayer until oh wait...the NPCs are static and nothing you do makes a change on the world because...well, because it's an MMO.

Sorry for the rant lol, it just infuriates me when people wanna put multiplayer or MMO on anything and everything. And on my previous post, what I meant is people don't care about GC going to a new company because that's not gonna matter for a year or two.
  7. Livnthedream

Are you really saying that most of the players in the various hate threads have a clue about game development?
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.
  8. Livnthedream

Eh, the phasing is actually pretty decent. The "impact" as it were is handled pretty well, the game has massive issues in other places. Besides, its not like Fallout 3/NV or Skyrim all had any kind of massive changes based on your actions anyway. They are all rather puddle deep.
  9. TachiPlays

TachiPlays New Cupcake

I actually liked Ghostcrawler, Seemed like an awesome guy and Wildstar would be grateful to have someone with as much experience as him.

I never understood all the GC hating... i guess people get mad when their OP class gets nerfed.
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.
  10. Bazeleel

Bazeleel Cupcake-About-Town

Please no no no no no no!!!!

If that happens I will not play this game. He hurt WoW so much in terms of balance.
  11. Bazeleel

Bazeleel Cupcake-About-Town

It wasn't that he nerfed, as you said, OP classes. It's that he changed classes around to the point where the games balance was terrible. It effected PvE as well as pvp. He was one of the strong pusher for casual free gear hand out raids and other terrible ideas.

He did his job poorly and wow became a bad game for a long time due to his arrogance and unwillingness to listen to the community.
  12. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

I'm surprised WoW has their classes doing any damage now. I mean, all every one talks about is nerfs.
  13. Livnthedream

Except it wasn't "all him". He was the public face of it, but his team was 26 people last I checked. Attempting to blame him solely is the epitome of foolishness.
    teh_ninjaneer and MacHaggis like this.
  14. Aldagar

Aldagar New Cupcake

I liked GCs communication skills for sure and I thought wotlk was pretty good but after that the whole game was getting nerfed. I wish him well in whatever he does next but carbine seem to have things going good as they are.
  15. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

People hate on GhostCrawler because he is one of the core reasons the game is in the current state that it's in.

The problem is, people don't know that where the game is currently at, is what Blizzard has been pushing for since CLASSIC. They never shared in this hardcore mentality that many of us have. Whatever it is that makes you hate that game, it was going to happen regardless, all GhostCrawler did was shorten how long it took.

With that out of the way, developers are not a one trick pony. Just because World of Warcraft's current status can be attributed to GhostCrawler, doesn't mean that sort of game is all he is capable of making. You're shooting yourself in the foot if you're not capable of diversity when it comes to working within an industry such as video games.
    Eliat_kuni and teh_ninjaneer like this.
  16. MacHaggis

MacHaggis Cupcake

This and other similar posts: Don't be the average angry WoW nerd please. The WS community can be better than that.
    teh_ninjaneer and Livnthedream like this.
  17. Sero

Sero Cupcake

I am sure he will be switching to a game in pre-alpha rather than to an almost finished one.
    Livnthedream likes this.
  18. Hob

Hob Cupcake

When you're the lead man, you sign off on everything. I'm sure his boss had to sign off on everything he brought to the table too. That goes for basically every business ever.

As far as GC goes, I'm sure he's a nice fellow. I even liked some of the changes (albeit relatively minor ones) he and his team made to WoW. However, as someone who has played WoW since beta, I saw the decline in the game when he took up the lead systems designer role. It's not a 'grass was greener'. It simply turned into a game that wasn't as fun to me. It became less challenging, less community oriented, and I won't even get into the PVP side of things. The opposite of which is exactly why I'm attracted to WildStar, and precisely why I wouldn't want him to head to Carbine (in theory, of course).

The one thing that could potentially be argued is why he changed the systems and balance the way he did. Odds are he was told to do it to make the game more casual friendly and to reel in the masses. So technically he could be a great designer since he did just that.
  19. MacHaggis

MacHaggis Cupcake

Let me guess: Yet you kept playing the game for years. I think Ghostcrawler did his job just fine.
    Livnthedream and teh_ninjaneer like this.
  20. Oconnell

Oconnell Cupcake

Phasing is just cheap change, it's never made me that much more immersed, things are gonna look the same for others when they finish X quest. Fallout/Skyrim didn't have that massive impact on any one thing, but it is the sum of the little things. Anyway, as you say, the game has much bigger issues in other places. I for one laughed when I was told you're not free to roam the world, but only your faction's location and Cyrodiil for the PvP.