1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

New DevSpeak and Details on Adventures

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A week ago, we got a WildStar Flick introducing Adventures to us all, but today we get the DevSpeak to help delve into a little more detail on what running an Adventure will entail. Available from Level 15, they're unique instanced content with a "choose you own adventure" twist. Plus, a new section of the official site has opened up to give even more detail.

( Read more )
    ( Watch now )
  2. Raven0713

Raven0713 New Cupcake

Looks awesome, cant wait for the game to finally come out :)
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Red: The Disclaimer guy
    Green: do like wise with yo
    Blue: you to be happy so
    Dark blue: ach ot
    Pink: ur fellow
    Skin colour: be excellent to e
    Yellow: loves you and wants
    Orange: gamers and
    Purple: her. party on!

The Disclaimer guy loves you and wants you to be happy so do like wise with your fellow gamers and be excellent to each other. party on!

I still think the green ''like'' should've been ''play''....but wise words nonetheless! :up:
    Kusiga, Qwii, Gardavil and 1 other person like this.
  4. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

I was trying to figure out the disclaimer message, but I couldn't focus on the other colours to figure it out. >.> I got the red part though.
    Extatica likes this.
  5. Qwii

Qwii New Cupcake

Gah you beat me to it :) I had just figured it out and was gonna post that here :p
  6. Gardavil

Gardavil Cupcake

Everything I see in the DevSpeak about Adventures I think is Fantastic.... except....

However, there is one detail I am curious about.... 5 player groups for this? Will it be OK to do just 4 players or is it a hard coded must-have 5 players?

Reason for question: 4 Players... two couples playing together in a MMO is fun, two couples and a friend is also fun, but sometimes two couples and a friend feel like a wagon with a fifth wheel and I ain't talking about a camping trailer. Sometimes five is awkward.

I personally think Carbine would do well to make grouping for 4 players available if they can. I have been "working" on getting my Wife and our Friends interested in WildStar, and being able to tell them Adventurers can be done with Four Players would help in that pursuit. We would of course be willing to take on the extra challenge :)

(I know it's too late to change if hard coded for five but I am providing feedback here since this is the only place I know I can do so.)
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I think the problem here lies more in the fact of:

How does it ever get awkward if he's a friend? A fifth wheel? I've played with friends/couples in so many different groups (9 mans, 4 mans, 3 mans, 7 mans etc. etc.) Never have I felt ''a fifth wheel''....they are my friends, I know them, how can it ever get awkward? (I seriously don't get this part....aren't you friends? And what kind of awkward? The kind of ''sexual''.....heck a friend should just be able to handle that)

+ if they need to make group content for all possible ''groups''......the end is nowhere to be seen! :D

Can you do it with less then 5? Ofcourse you will just like dungeon! Just go outlevel them outgear them and outskill them and then go in with 4 peeps ;) Real 4 man oriented group content?....go do shiphands, they scale :up:
  8. Gardavil

Gardavil Cupcake

I desire to know NOW if Carbine is hard coding the number of Players needed to start the Adventure Instances. I am hoping this comes up in a future DevSpeak or a FAQ, or even a Dev comment here (check for lightning strike chances, roger).

I am not saying Carbine will do things as Turbine does, just want to make sure about this before I use this new Info in my sales pitch to get my Wife and our Friends to consider jumping a shuttle off Middle Earth and visiting Nexus.

As for "go do Shiphands" I really don't know what that is. I will have to do some homework on that. The Adventures fit the style of the type of gaming our group likes to do, I know we would love it, and that is why I am asking about doing them with only 4 Players.