1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

New Playable race

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Saybel, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Saybel

Saybel Cupcake

The race I really wish they would have had for players to experience is the Luminai. Maybe for an expansion or something but man they are pretty sweet. What race would you like to have seen... why do you think they didn't make the Luminai playable?
  2. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

The Luminai are a god race that are result of the Cassian Queen lady getting knocked up by the Eldan

to say allowing hundreds of thousands of people to play that race would be lorebreaking would be understating it
    Revon, Alverad and Kataryna like this.
  3. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Posting this thread in the WildStar Races forum would have been most appropriate.

This quote probably explains why, lore wise, they are not playable.
    The entire article can be found here for anyone interested.
    Revon and Kataryna like this.
  4. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Like Vyver said (and many others in another similar thread) - the Luminai are the Ruling Class of the Cassians and the Dominion - they've got a god-like association to them as they're Part Eldan, and are possibly part of the religion that was talked about the other day in the WSW. Plus - the amount of in-breeding to keep up that small small sect of the Culture .... um, ew?
    Thus I don't think that we'll ever see them playable.
  5. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

I dont actually think there's that much inbreeding going on, on account that its seems each new generation of Luminai have less Eldan in them than the last (with the first generation of Luminai being physical god-kings and the latest being "really rich white people" who never leave their house and are only considered deities by the general population)

It's why Dominious or whatever his name is was crowned ruler of the Dominion, because he was closer to Eldan (and stronger) than all the other Luminai
  6. Mykor

Mykor Cupcake-About-Town

Since I have yet to play either of the 8 available races, I am content with my current choices.

As for the Luminai, they are simply a subset of one race. As more lore is made public, we will get to read about the subsets of each race.
  7. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

I'm still hoping the Mordesh used to be the Luminai. Who's with me? ;)
  8. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Anyone insisting that Exile humans are a bunch of inbreds haven't met the luminai. XD