1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

New race?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Black Wolf, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

After watching the housing video again, I noticed something. It could be a new unannounced race or maybe a male Aurin.

Screenshot below. Link to the part in the video here. Let me know what you think!

newrace.png
  2. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

I assumed he was an Aurin. Maybe I assumed too much. However, the arms look like they are covered in some type of fur, so it still could be.
  3. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

I think it's a human with a hairstyle we haven't seen yet. Every Aurin we've seen so far have had long tails, and all we've heard about in terms of their customization (so far) is that they'll be able to choose other ears. If anything, I think it's an unannounced class and not a race.
  4. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

He seems a bit small for a human though. If he is, he has the size and build of a child. The arms look indeed a bit furry to me. It could be a brown jacket or something. It's hard to see.
  5. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Last time I thought I'd spotted a new race I was mistaken and it was just a human with customisation options not seen before (confirmed by Carbine). I suspect this might be the same, but as I posted over here I do think it's a new class.
  6. starspun

You forget it might be a she and not a he. ;)

[​IMG]

Might be easier to see without the yellow circles, the brown on the arms looks like part of the armor to me.

Edit: Comparing with this screenshot, which contains the only male Aurin we've seen so far (I know others have missed him before - it's the little guy in front of the crates, has blonde-ish hair, animal ears and a long green tail), what we see in the video could be a male Aurin, which I'm kind of hoping as it means there's other tails for them, which I'm really happy to learn. The stance seems a bit off, though - the screenshot shows them with their legs standing further apart, and broader shoulders. The legs aren't right for a female Aurin at all.
  7. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

That black haired one by the fire seems to have teen titan starfire eyes. Doesn't look intirely human.
  8. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Exactly. The character lacks curves. That is why I think it is male. So, a male Aurin looks different as well, so I'm going for a new race. This would not the first time Carbine left hints in their videos. I bet there is a hint in every one of them. :sneaky:
  9. starspun

Well, it could be a female human. I don't think they're quite as curvy as the Aurin :p
  10. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

You sound a little jealous :p
  11. starspun

Not even a little bit! If there is such a thing as a boob slider, most of my female characters will have them as small as possible!
  12. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

Doesn't make sense to have size DDDDDD (is that enough) and still be amazingly agile. Maybe for a granok warrioress...
  13. starspun

Oh dear, I don't even want to think about that size. Ow.
  14. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

15. coryhart

coryhart New Cupcake

this is actually one game where I think I will enjoy playing a male, all of the video footage I've seen of the aurin running look kinda funny. Regardless if I were to make a girl I still aim for the agile petite forms.... and i'm a guy lol
  16. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

The character wouldn't need a weapon, they come inbuilt.