1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

ninjas, giver ups, and good finds?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Johnny Bane, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Johnny Bane

Johnny Bane Cupcake

Over the years I have seen it all, a cloth class needed on plate even if our tank used all his extra money on pots to stay alive during the dungeon and needed that peace to upgrade his green chest. Too people after killing all mobs with out a single death leave after dieing once on a hard boss. I bring this up because I fear for the future of 5mans. With auto ques more people are willing to be <REDACTED>s and take everything even if someone in the group needs it. I find that no MMO now days dose anything about this worrisome, and I hope wildstar will be the first to put their foot done and do something about this growing poison in groups.

I'm not sure what would be the best way of handling this, but here is my idea.

Group ratings, when you are in a group at the end you rate each person you grouped with from -5 to +10 giving -'s to ninjas and que hopperes and +'s to good group members. And queing like rated players together so dicks can group with dicks and team players get to group with team players.

I know that this could be abused, so maybe the higher your givin "group score" will count more than someone who's score is lower.

Zwipe likes this.
  2. Agent Drew

Agent Drew Cupcake-About-Town

Yea being able to rate people simply won't work as there's way to many ways to abuse a system like that.

I've seen WOW try to limit ninjas by allowing people to only roll need on certain items that are usable for their classes, but that can only do so much. Ultimately it comes down to consequence. If they can find a way to give players proper consequences for their actions in a cross server group, that would go a long way.

All I can say is stick to server only LFG, and encourage as many as you can to do the same. If enough people see the benefit of it then it should help keep the wait times down.

3. Zwipe

Zwipe Cupcake

Auto-group is going to have a server-only option. So it would one's best interest to refrain from being a ninja, or risk a bad server rep.

I like the idea of rating people. maybe similar to ebay's rating.

or maybe a little menu after the run stating "would you queue up with this player again?" with an option to choose yes or no. That way if you choose no, LFD will not group you with that person. Eventually, the ninjas will have very long queue times (*sinister laugh*.)

Johnny Bane likes this.
  4. Agent Drew

I think I like that idea a little better than rating players, as it seems less likely to be abused. However, it may take quite a while for a frequent ninja to see any change to their queue with cross server. Hell, I don't think I've ever seen a single player twice using wow's.

Johnny Bane likes this.
  5. Seahorse

Seahorse New Cupcake

Ninjas and trolls are apart of MMOs. I would miss them too much if they were eradicated... Let them be!!

- a sometimes ninja/troll

6. expendability

expendability Cupcake

The problem with the rating system is this.. (just for one example.. there are several) a group of four from a guild get together to progress/get a piece of gear/ ect. You tag along. When u die/get the gear they needed/or they just want to be asses they kick u or all rate u down.. did u do anything wrong? (Maybe) but it would suck to give that power to the vindictive masses of mmos.

7. Johnny Bane

Johnny Bane Cupcake

Ans cancer is a part of life, but it doesn't mean its not killing its host.
    Ninjas and group leavers are just as damaging too the MMO world as afkers are to PvP

8. Johnny Bane

Johnny Bane Cupcake

I really like this idea too, but maybe a 1-5 on how willing you are to group with someone and not just a yes or no?

Zwipe likes this.
  9. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Sometimes I wonder why games don't just have a system where everyone gets individual loot. Kind of like Guild Wars 2, you get your own drops independent of other players. Yet so very few games adopt it.

It seems like I remember reading somewhere that people added to your ignore list were removed from your LFG que too so that you wouldn't accidently team with them.

10. expendability

expendability Cupcake

I think it would also be nice if the lfg system showed u a list of the group members prior to joining in case u recognize one from previous.. it could also give you their rating at that point too if they put the rating system everyone is talking abour.about

Zwipe likes this.
  11. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

i really hope carbine considers carefully how they do xrealm grouping. imo it would be best if they have it, to make it so you still have to run to the dungeon. or just get rid of it, and have a LFG tool in game so people can find groups for dungeons they want to do.

but, unless the queue's are too ridiculous, i'll be queuing server only. honestly though. i'm probably going to try to find a 4 or 5 people that are dedicated to leveling, and just constantly group with them for dungeons/questing.

12. Seahorse

Seahorse New Cupcake

Ninjas are essential to MMOs and aren't killing the genre. Bad analogy.

Group leavers, sure, they can be annoying. But that's just part of it.

13. Johnny Bane

Johnny Bane Cupcake

you don't know what you're talking sir, it is killing groups. Just take a look at neverwinter, you are better off going to AH for gear then you are running a 5 man.

And just a side note I'm not new to the MMO world, I was in Death in Texas when the were the third ranked guild in the US. And have played every big MMO up to Lvl cap that has came out in the last 10 year's. I'm not just talking out my ass, I know many people who stop doing raids/ five man's due to ninjas. It is a cancer.

14. Sundae6AM

Sundae6AM New Cupcake

Another to do it would be something like the tribunal in LoL. They could show the chat log from the dungeon, the equipment they had, what they took and let the community decide.

15. Agent Drew

You're gonna have to explain that one to me....

16. Vox_Populi

Vox_Populi New Cupcake

Slightly off topic but something else i would like to see is soulbind on equip rather than pick up. This at least stops the accidental ninja'ring. I've been guilty of that at least once myself late at night and not paying full attention.

17. Agent Drew

Or a system to allow you to trade even bound items within a time limit to those in your party in case of mistakes. Otherwise just making everything bind on equip would encourage even more ninja'ing.

Sonntam likes this.
  18. crowsong

crowsong Cupcake-About-Town

I will agree with you in relation to the non-casual crowd (most players), but when me and my friends do 5-mans and we get ninja'd we do get mad at first, but then we laugh at it. I agree their needs to be repercussions, but if an MMO is all clean with no bugs/ exploits/ trolls(ninjas) then it gets boring fast. Atleast imo. Some drama is welcome as long as its being researched for due remedy.And of topic (rant); The cancer analogy isn't really a good taste to use. Cancer really affects peoples and their families lives in detrimental ways and to try and use it as an analogy to something as trivial as ninja'ing is pretty bad..

19. Zwipe

Zwipe Cupcake

Ninjas are a product of devs making poor loot tables. WoW should not have allowed hunters such a broad range of agility gear to choose from.

in-game drama should not happen due to poor game design.

I believe gear is class-specific in this game anyways, so if it is we won't have to worry about ninjas too much.

20. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Every class uses a different weapon. I think that each class uses two different attributes for their damage and healing. Unless they haven't changed or the two unannounced classes don't overlap.

Though I really don't think it's going to matter. Ninja people will still try to get a good item to sell or to save for another character. Unless it doesn't bind when its picked up.

I guess that in general I just don't like the roll system.