1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

No love for the exiles...?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Axian, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Axian

Axian New Cupcake

So I keep up with all the various WildStar related pod/vodcasts and it appears a good chunk of the big Community personalities will be rolling Dominion on some PvP server. Was just listening to the latest edition of WildCast (excellent podcast btw) and at the end JayBee talks about the cast being in some meta-alliance with SVG, Guild Umbra and the MogNation.

I for one will 100% be rolling a Mordesh <REDACTgineer> / scientist if the class reveal lives up to my expectations for a big gun toting badass. I know Chua are 'cute' and all but c'mon we need some community players to stand up and be counted for the Exiles, to lead the charge with the banner of war. Down with tyranny!
  2. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

You'd be surprised to know that, in the RP community, there is no love for the Dominion. There have been numerous Cassians who have defected, IC intentionally or through unfortunate circumstances, because of low populations Dommie side.

That aside, I wouldn't worry till a few months after launch. WildStar is still relatively unknown, but it's picking up speed. I'm sure we'll wake up plenty of dormant Exiles from cryosleep in the interim.
    Vyver and Axian like this.
  3. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

I'm guessing the Aurin avatar and sig are from the pre-mordesh release.. I personally was sold on the Exiles when I watched the "Meet the Exiles" video.
  4. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

The WildStar PR seems to favor the Exiles slightly, fan media and major organizations seems to tilt fairly strongly towards the Dominion, and as Mr. Rufflez mentioned, the roleplayers aren't a big fan of those domineering Dominion guys. :p

I dunno, I kind of like how things are ATM. I'd like Carbine to put out a little more Dominion PR as well. I'd like to feel as much of an underdog as possible as an Exile. XD
    Axian likes this.
  5. Axian

Axian New Cupcake

Yeah I was sold on them with the Aurin but after learning about the REDACTgineer I definitely want to play a bad ass Mordesh (and Mordesh just have sooo much RP flavor waiting to be utilized).
  6. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Blame racism. I personally feel that the Exile races are far less interesting than the Dominion ones.

robots > rocks
    brains > bunnies
    lizard-cat-gazelles > rotters
    coiffed humans or filthy humans, still boring humans

That may be an oversimplification but the Exiles do not have a single race I would consider superior to its Dominion counterpart. And I would need opiates to care less about RP than I currently due, so that's not a concern for me at all.

Update: alternate comparisons in case Draken are analogous to Granok

brains > walking fur coats
    humans vs. humans
    marauding amalgamation of Australian wildlife > stone face cigar aficionados
    robots > stiffs
    Ragx likes this.
  7. C1d0s

C1d0s Cupcake

I usually play humans.

I dislike the posh humans.

Choice was simple for me! Exile all the way.
    Axian likes this.
  8. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

I don't believe these are the correct pairings.
    Science Races: Chua and Mordesh
    Savage Races: Draken and Granok
    exiles do get shafted on the Bunny vs Robots.
  9. Nadili

Nadili New Cupcake

I will be leading an Exile guild so standing up and being counted, we are going pve endgame for Wildstar.

I actually prefer the exile races cigar smoking rock guy>robot.
  10. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I could easily see granok in a stalemate against mechari. Both are tough skinned and durable people, the granok perhaps more so to make up for their lacking smarts. Everyone assumes the aurin are this weak, pathetic, cutesy race but I know there's more too them. Chua are too destructive for their good and will inevitably cause collateral damage on their side. Mordesh could win against anyone, especially draken since they are very scientific and aren't averse to pushing the boundaries in order to get it done. Humans are an obvious dead-even fight.

I will agree though that the Dominion seem to have an overall better cast of races. The only blemish I see in their ranks are the chua.
  11. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

Aurin.

That is all I have to say.
  12. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Exile fan - I really like the mordesh, the aurin and the granok.
    They hit themes that I like - tragic arrogant beautiful that fell - very much like the Irda from dragonlance.
    The aurin are nature lovers , nurturers - enjoy that theme / bent from my early table top wood elf days.
    Granok - surly burly
  13. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

The granok defeated the mechari before they even got their hands on weaponry, don't know why that's even a concern.

If the Mechari can take advantage of the Draken's obsession with honor so can the Mordesh "Here's a trophy for beating us in a fight. No it is not laced with a dust-based contagion created to de-construct Draken DNA breaking it apart into its base components. Trust us." The mordesh don't even have to see the Draken to kill them.
    Rumze likes this.
  14. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

Mordesh Crew checkin in.
  15. Vermana

Vermana Cupcake-About-Town

PvP Community might be heavier on Dominion, but both the PvE and RP Communities seem to hate them.

Plus, from the surveys taken on the Livestreams, people seem to be 50/50. Maybe all the Exile lovers just aren't forum/podcast/blog types?
  16. snowLeopard

snowLeopard New Cupcake

I hate exiles. Plain and simple. But.. I am forced to roll them because my fiancee is drooling over Aurin :(
  17. Pestilinz

Pestilinz Cupcake

I guess we know who has the good taste and wears the pants in THAT relationship ;P