1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Not using Basic attacks

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by mmimzie, Jan 7, 2014.

1. mmimzie

mmimzie New Cupcake

Do you guys think that wildstar will force you to use one of the basic attacks on your bar. I had this thought today when i was begging my inbox to tell me i had a beta invite. So i opened up a builder on Ws-base to look as see if i can do it for my favorite class (enginerr).

With this build i think its possible to tank without your Basic attack and on top of that their is a benefit to doing so. With this build you can keep almost all the engineer tanking cooldowns up all of the time.

I challenge everyone else to try and do the same thing with their preferred classes ^.^. See whatlimited action sets can do.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I can't help but feel that you will not generate enough volatility, rico and disrupt. mod. are not enough to keep your volatil bar full.
  3. mmimzie

mmimzie New Cupcake

Full?? you dont want the bar full you want it at 0. Quick Build gives you 16% (+3 from the amps before it) to your cooldowns when your at 0 Volatility.

Edit: Ricochet, and Disruptive module both build exactly 30 Volatility which is the exact amount you need to do a full channel of particle ejector. And with the 16% cooldown reduction it works out to give you an endless loop of stuff to do, thus replacing the basic attack.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

No I made the stupid mistake of not reading the ricochet T4 bonus.

Although it is a possible build, I prefer some others. However this all depends on the encounter.
    I wouldn't take your build vs a CC heavy boss where you need to have some escapes. But again with the T4 it's possible.

Also the question about tanking that I still have is how many chance do you have to get crit by a boss? Seeing some of the engies amps.
  5. Akhronus

Akhronus New Cupcake

I'm sure you can, however my main concern would be that other than the "basic attack" im pretty sure almost all of the other abilities have either a resource cost or cooldown or both, so what are you gonna do in your rotation when everything is on cooldown and you are out of resources?

For example, one of the stalker abilities has no cooldown and does a ton of damage, however its resource cost is extremely high and you can only use it about twice before you're out.
  6. Consiliem

Consiliem New Cupcake

It seems like a solid build, but I agree with Extatica above that there will be certain encounters that you will want to change things out (as in the example of a CC heavy fight). I suspect that Carbine has designed the LAS enough to where there will not be a certain cookie-cutter build for every encounter period, and that most of the time these will involve the basic attack/resource builder attack.

However, I also understand the math involved, and I can see that there will always be a certain build that has the capability if played correctly to outshine any others. I just believe (and hope) that Carbine will design encounters that prevent any one build from ruling them all.
  7. Cananh

Cananh Cupcake

From watching videos of various classes today, no I don't think you could not use basic attacks.

Some classes (eg. Esper) need to use them to generate class resources. Others whose resources regenerate by themselves (eg. Medic) would just be twiddling their thumbs while waiting for resources to regenerate unless they use basic attacks. Either way your effectiveness in combat would take a significant hit.