1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Oceanic [Exile] Guild

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Mellkor, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

So,
    I guess firstly, Looking for a list of oceanic guilds for exiles if anyone could link that would be great.

Looking for guild section:
    Criteria that i look for in a guild..​
      • Semi Casual
      • No VOIP Requirement (except for guild content)
      • 18+ (21+ preferred)
      • Raiding
      • Actual socialization among guild members (not in a chat stream)
    Failing that I cannot find a guild that matches my criteria. I would be interested in starting one if there is demand for the criteria i mentioned?
  2. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

You could check us out.

We're pretty active but relaxed. Going to give raiding a shot, we've got a decent amount of experience in WoW and Rift.

We're mostly based on Teamspeak, but if you don't want to come in then you don't have to. At the moment we mostly play LoL and Dota2, so if you play either of them you can come hang out pretty easily.

Check out the link in my sig for more info.
  3. Kasern

Kasern Cupcake

SKYHAWKS

Criteria that we recruit on -
    • Semi-hardcore
    • VOIP requirement for Raiding and PvP
    • 21+
    • Scheduled raiding if you are joining for raiding
    • Strongly encourage members to participate on our forums and over VOIP even when not in guild content
    And now that I'm done addressing your dot points, allow me to tell you something about us.

We're a laid back group of older blokes with full-time jobs and kids. We don't have the same kind of time we used to have for games, but we don't want to give up our raiding either so we're aiming for a balance: a guild where if you can only log in for raid times and little else, so long as you take the game seriously and spend some time learning your class, no one is going to scream at you or boot you or any of the <REDACTED> we've had to deal with trying to mix real life with our passion for gaming before.

We plan on launching Wildstar with a 25 man raid team (20 regular raiders and 5 reserves from the more casual members), tentatively scheduled Tuesday and Thursday nights (we need to know more about the raids) and a couple of 5 man PvP teams. We would love to get into 40 man raiding straight away, but we don't want to make promises we can't keep and even launching with 40-50 members, everyone levels at a different speed.

We currently have three leaders, one for PvE, one for PvP and one for <CONFIDENTIAL> and plan on a max cap of 50 members (two raid teams).

- NOTE -
    Unless we get a release date before the end of August, we are planning on playing Final Fantasy XI 2.0 until Wildstar launches.

If you're interested, check out our website link in my sig!
  4. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

You'll have a hard time with that seeing there are only 20 and 40 man raids. If you meant that you're planning to have 25 people for 20 man raiding then sorry for my misunderstanding.

However you'll still have to do some 40 man raids since 20 and 40 mans are separate.
  5. Ayora

Ayora Cupcake-About-Town

6. Kasern

Kasern Cupcake

As it has worked well for us in the past, we use a 25 man raid roster. 20 regular raiders whom we can rely on and expect to be there for every raid, and 5 reserve members (usually from our more casual members) who aren't too worried about not raiding every week but are happy to fill in should we have an absentee.

With regards to 40 man raiding, we do not want to make any promises we cannot keep so we will not promise a 40 man team at launch. Once we have a second 25 man raid roster established, then we will be very happy to start 40 man raids.
  7. Kasern

Kasern Cupcake

Social guild = casual guild.

Didn't he ask for an Oceanic guild?
    Freelancer likes this.
  8. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Actually i asked for a semi casual oceanic guild.

Suppose i should define what i mean.
    I don't want to be bound by absurd rules and schedules like in the past. Such as you need to be level 30 in 2 weeks or i must be on team speak at all times talking about absolutely nothing wild star relevant.
    I also don't like to be dictated too by the guild on how i should play in regards to my class, Spec or professions.

What i really want is a guild that is also social, (and btw social != causal) where by members actually do things together like scheduled events, dungeon/raid runs or rp events. instead of members just being names in a chatbox you never actually associate with.

I should also note that if i'm scheduled to raid on Tuesday. I show up.
    I don't like guilds where members don't have enough faith in their own guild, and get locked out in a pug.
  9. Kasern

Kasern Cupcake

Fair enough. It does kind of sound like we might be a good match for you. We started our guild in response to guilds we had belonged to in the past that were too strict or up tight, or in two cases, the opposite where they refused to schedule events, making it impossible to schedule real life around the game.

As to being social, can't say I've ever been in a guild that wasn't social, but generally in my experience when a guild advertises themselves as "social" what they really mean is "casual". Like a social club. Of course, you can't really know what a guild means without joining a guild and finding out for yourself lol.

Personally I like labels. There is nothing wrong with being Hardcore or Casual or somewhere in the middle, each is best suited for different players and guilds should just come out and say what they are. Otherwise you will get those players who join and don't fit in or don't have faith in the guild because they feel misled.

Before, I said casual guilds are like social clubs; I like to think of the Skyhawks more like a football club. We are casual in regard to what you do outside of guild events, but are hardcore when it comes to raiding and PvP. We believe you have to be if you want to be a progression guild, else you may as well pug. We use a raid roster, so it's the same raiders each week. We use PvP teams, so you get to learn the strengths and weaknesses of your team mates. To some, that's pretty hardcore, to others we're still pretty casual.

Hence, semi-hardcore. Hardcore some of the time.

-EDIT-
    I can't speak directly about being told how to play your spec. I leave leadership of raid and PvP rosters to their respective leaders. If one of them asks you to slot a particular skill or recommends a build to try, that's just the cost of play with a decent guild instead of pugs. But they're not going to scream at you or boot you if you're doing your best.