1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Of the Dominion...

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Kriegson, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Kriegson

Kriegson New Cupcake

EDIT: So Dominion will likely be made up of more than simply humans, but I wonder, will we get such compelling figureheads/characters as our little trio in the background? Personally, I'm hoping for something a bit more interesting than "Evil guy, crush the weak, kick puppies, muahahh!".

If they want a mirror, I could see a sort of grim patriot of the Dominion as the solider counterpart, doing what he feels is right for the galaxy at large, no matter the cost. The Scientist I'm thinking would be interesting if he/she was invested in gathering knowledge in order to pay off a debt to the Dominion that might release their people upon doing so, a sort of begrudging alliance. The last (Adventurer) being the more outgoing I would think might be closer to your typical rougish bad guy, albeit held in line by the others.

At any rate, I hope they do develop some figureheads for the Dominion and I'd love them to be more interesting than anything I can think of XD
  2. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

No, the Dominion is not human only. They have not released all the races/info about Dominion yet. They will this year.

EDIT: BTW, we don't even know if all the races of the Exiles is released yet. I have a feeling we will know a lot more this year.
  3. Manes

Manes Cupcake-About-Town

Dominion is a overall collective of the Empire of Cassus and the many worlds it has either conquered or gained loyalty from. That in turn will supply the Dominion with a vast selection of species that could in turn be playable.
  4. Kriegson

Kriegson New Cupcake

Oohh, interesting.
  5. Manes

Manes Cupcake-About-Town

It will be interesting on how Carbine plays on the relations of the Dominion Humans and the other species...Perhaps they may look down on them as inferior.
  6. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Anything that can wield a shotgun like weapon would instantly be my favorite class but I'm also interested to see the healing classes.
  7. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

(Noted Kuriks going for short range, first roll gotta be a sniper then :))
    I think its likely the Doomies will use mercs for some of their 'dirtier' work too, as most empires have done in the past. We have some hints of 'Cartels' and other organizations (with other species) that could be someway thrown into the mix but I dont have anything definate. Although there were those lion like people on the dominion side in one of the gameplay walkthroughs.

Personally Im tending to the side with warriors of rock, gorgeous bunny girls and the ruggedly handsome rogue - historically we can only WIN in the end :)
    Zerdav likes this.
  8. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

I really like rifles and shotguns. That's the class I will go for D-Side.
  9. Kriegson

Kriegson New Cupcake

Hrm..interesting. I recall someone else pointing out characters that looked to be on the side of the dominion with lizard-like tails. At any rate, I guess it depends on what kind of organization the Dominon is.
    Obviously it's a bit of a totalitarian regime, but are they sort of Star ship-troopers-esque "Serve for citizenship" in which anyone who is willing to contribute can gain standing in their society, or is it a more close minded structure like the Imperium of man in Warhammer 40K where they are xenophobic and extremely hostile?

Personally, I find the former more interesting. Kind of tough (To the extreme) but fair.

Who's to say the dominion won't have some equally interesting figureheads? :p

I can only hope so at any rate, and that's going to be a heckofa challenge creating characters as intrinsically interesting as the trio posted on the background. I mean, from a minute or so trailer you get a great sense of synergy and character from each of them, if a little cliche (can't be helped with about 4 spoken lines).
    Maddog Charlie and Kurik Lein like this.
  10. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Here's the post about the Lizard race. :)

11. Maddog Charlie

Yep could be Lizardish too or maybe with the big ears they are sorta male Aurin of a warrior class ? If Carbine dont release some Dominion info soon I swear Im gonna start a rumor that there is a Yoda species on the Exile side :) lol
  12. Kriegson

Kriegson New Cupcake

Ironically I think the male Aurin are shorter than the females. I seem to recall a bit of artwork, possibly in one of the lore bits, though it could have simply been a male child. Though it would be interesting and make sense to a degree of the males were smaller, considering they are a matriarchal society (Single ruling queen, thus females likely hold higher standing).

@Kurik
    Thanks! Ironically, when I was taking a closer look, it almost appeared as though the one on the lower right could simply be a glitched/animating tabard, compared to the human to his left his tail looks pretty similar, though the two standing and facing to the left above him clearly have tails, and the posture to require them (And he's clearly a lot larger than the human to his left).

I find the long tail and hunched posture pretty reminiscent of raptors, holding this sort of potential energy in their stance.... It looks like they could go loping off at any moment. One thing that's a bit odd, the one in the upper right has a long protrusion from its head in the same direction as its tail.
    Either thats it's head with a weird backward pointing "Sloop" and a flat face (Ehhhh..) A helmet (meh) or a more conventional raptor head looking behind itself (Me likey).
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  13. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Kriegson likes this.
  14. Maddog Charlie

Im glad you hyperlinked that :)
  15. Kriegson

Kriegson New Cupcake

16. Manes

Manes Cupcake-About-Town

Maybe it was just a sneaky way for Carbine to show us a height slider in play?

...It's a possibility! :oops:
  17. Maddog Charlie

AH so finally figured why there could be good people in the Dominion, the Dominions 'drive' to get to and own the planet Nexus at all costs, could be to get their hands on the Time dimensional travel technology that the Eldans are rumored to have developed.
    Then they can go back in time to correct their mistakes/wicked acts/public relations errors, that would make sense.
    Eldans - Controlling the elements, high technology, artificial intelligence robots and genetic manipulation > time/dimensional travel would be next on the list ?
    (Yeah I know Im working on the MAD in MADdog Charlie this week :))
  18. Manes

Manes Cupcake-About-Town

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

...I'm starting to see a pattern here.
    cali and Kurik Lein like this.
  19. Erho

Erho New Cupcake

So I was rummaging through YouTube again to find something I hadn't seen yet. I found this 55 minute little gem, and Jeremy Gaffney mentions an unannounced race which are hunters, and the thrill of a big hunt of new creatures are what drew them to Nexus.

Possible Dominion race? You decide...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AinVNTaE8V0&t=14m22s
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  20. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Yeah, I've seen it before. Thanks for finding and sharing it again. Gonna watch it to I can find some dirty little hints.