1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Of the Dominion...

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Kriegson, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

I have seen the video before but never understood what he said except unannounced race. I can hear hunter now so that is interesting. I wonder if that plays into the paths or classes.
  2. Tiktak

Tiktak Cupcake-About-Town

I don't know but they sound more 'Exiles' to me... Hunters going out across the galaxy to tackle the biggest baddest monsters out there? Not really a Dominion sounding kind of people... to wild and wanderery
  3. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Give them a reality show and they can be the entertainment to keep the discontents in the Dominion pacified.
  4. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

discontents? there are no discontents in the empire!

don't make me call the secret police!
    :p
  5. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Shhhh we must not anger it...
  6. Manes

Manes Cupcake-About-Town

Big Brother is always..Smiling?
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  7. Ravern

Ravern New Cupcake

i found something on Youtube... something im not sure is true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgfHqVCM8ME

pay atention on 1:18
    its look like we will be playing Dominion as well as Exile...
    ...so pvp is no longer a problem... i think... :)
  8. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Humans will be Exile AND Dominion.
  9. Ravern

Ravern New Cupcake

10. Ingsoc

Ingsoc Cupcake-About-Town

No, I hardly ever smile.
  11. Ravern

Ravern New Cupcake

I hope there will be different playable races on Dominion...
    Yea, yea i know humans are in Dominion as well as in Exile... but what about other races ?!?
    We know 3/4 races on Exile but Dominion is diferent story... we know almost nothing about them...
    it will be nice to have at last 2 different races in Dominion tha in Exiles. So in total there would be 6 races, here would be bigger difference between Dominion and Exiles than just their nature. It would give your character feel more unique on the field... whether playing open world quest, killing dungeon boss, raiding other faction cities or racing in open space (that last is my fantasy but it wout be awesome:) )... or fighting in PvP areas... There could be seen this difference the most...
    Just some random question cross my mind , WHY are "humans" in both fraction?
    Because WoW that is known as multi-cultured ( or multi-races if u want ) MMO, and that was one of key factors to make it "King" in its first few years...
  12. Ingsoc

Ingsoc Cupcake-About-Town

We believe there will be humans on both factions because of what we know from the lore; the Exile humans were originally a faction that rebelled against the Dominion. You can read more about it here:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/1...etails-the-split-between-the-dominion-and-th/

Sorry, I don't really feel like looking for the original Wildstar Wednesday link, but the Massively article is a good summary.

I am not sure why you are drawing the comparison to WoW, as humans are an Alliance only faction in that game. In fact, only the Pandaren can play either faction and they were only recently introduced.

I don't think we will see 6 races on one side and 4 on another. I expect the number of races will stay balanced to keep players happy.

EDIT - There it is, you rock Kurik.
    Kurik Lein likes this.
  13. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

While they aren't confirmed we have seen some stuff on other races for the Dominion, primarily in the video shown below. When it comes to humans on both factions this article my shed some light.

JarNod and Ingsoc like this.
  14. Ravern

Ravern New Cupcake

You completly missunderstod what I was saying.

Exiles will have Human, Aurin, Granok + 1 unkow race (from what I saw in one of their videos)

Dominion will have Human (and next 3 are just sugestion or guess), Granok + 2 different unkown races.

In TOTAL (notice that word "total") we will have 6 races: 3 "known" races + 3 "unknown" races.

Regarding "humans". It was just RANDOM question that if it would be better to have it like in WoW, where humans would belong only to ONE of the two fractions.
    That Question just crossed my mind so why not ask?

Thanks for link.
  15. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

So far Exiles will have humans and 3 unique races the Granok, Aurin, and the "undead" race. The Dominion will have humans and most likely 3 unique races to match them including the demonic and robotic races.
  16. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Yes, Granok are most likely not Dominion. Lore wise it wouldn't make sense.
    cali likes this.
  17. cali

cali Cupcake-About-Town

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/blog/wildstar_wednesday_the_war_of_gnox.php

I went and reread this article they put out a while ago about Granok lore. It doesn't look like they would side with the Dominion...

They were exiled from their planet for stealing from the Dominion
  18. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Awesome. :)

I saw this as well and then I saw a gameplay video of a playable race that had horns and a reptile-like tail I believe. I'll have to track down what video that was. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? Yeah, still new, so maybe everyone already knows about this playable race.
  19. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Yeah, what we thought was a lizard-like race turned out to be the race featured throughout this video. :)

http://youtu.be/WgfHqVCM8ME

Also here's a screenshot courtesy of LittleIceBreaker:

[​IMG]
  20. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

It was mentioned that they wanted humans on both sides because they got some data that humans are very popular and people want to play them regardless of faction. That's the reasoning behind it and it seems solid.
    Further on, they wanted to mirror races on both sides, in a way that both have some archetypes like big, cute, etc... All in all, granok are not going to be on dominion side, only humans are shared.