1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Chua and Mordesh Annoucement Thread

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Hoody, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Rivehn

Rivehn New Cupcake

The story for the mordesh, ill probably be one but that depends on there character options. Model looks abit stiff to.
  2. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

I'm really shocked Chua can't be stalkers. I honestly thought that would be a given race/class combo.
    Teerack likes this.
  3. Mog

Mog New Cupcake

Is it just me or does it make no sense for Chua to be espers? From how espers are described on the website, doesn't seem like the Chua would undergo the rigorous training needed to mold the mind into a weapon. More like they make the destructive weapon to rain hell on their foes.
  4. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Maybe it's something like Chua are taken to training and they're taught to "Focus with your mind and center yourself."

But the Chua mostly just think about "Boom! Boom! I can kill things with my brain! Yay!"

Though you are right. With their background in science it's a little surprising that they can't be a stalker. I mean a draken's concept of killing something with their brain probably involves pulling it out from the own cranium and beating something with that spongy mass of gray matter.
    Mog and Chim like this.
  5. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Yay! Loving the Chua! I knew they'd be awesome, and I was right! The Mordesh look really cool as well, I'm really happy with the way they look :D

I'll still be rollin an Aurin main, but I hope we can play both factions on the same account so I can make a Chua alt on Dominion.
    Chim likes this.
  6. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

OMG, a tagline image from Michiko to Hatchin! First time I've seen someone else who knows of that anime.
  7. Xostro

Xostro Cupcake

SO loving the Dominion even more!
  8. Talosmight

Talosmight New Cupcake

Just speculation of course but it did say Chua are very smart and they have a very straight forward attention span, so if you take a Chua and start training them how to destroy stuff with their minds I think they would jump on the chance to learn how to do it. So as to cause even more damage and destruction.
  9. Domi Dayglow

It seems to me that the Chua aren't so much into blatant destruction like the Draken, but are far more fiendish and plot driven in it instead. They are the kind that would come up with elaborate and clever and wholely deadly ways to squash a bug. Something like using a giant nuclear powered hammer that fires chainsaws. Whereas a draken would just step on the bug and move on.
    Kataryna likes this.
  10. Talosmight

Talosmight New Cupcake

And how much more fiendish can you get when you can use your brain and focus to manipulate the arcane energy and find rather interesting ways to use them in the world.
  11. Domi Dayglow

Exactly! Chua use their minds to cause their chaos and destruction. Draken are more into brute force.

Though, I still think that Chua stalkers make sense.
  12. Artefact

Artefact Cupcake

Chua and Mordesh complete each faction very well imo.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  13. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Indeed they do. It really balances them both out perfectly in matters of flavor.
    AceJoker likes this.
  14. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! *fistbump* It's the best anime ever :inlove:
  15. Artefact

Artefact Cupcake

Now, what you'll be able to see in Wildstar :
    a Chua can kick a Granok's butt while an Aurin shoots a Mechari's b**** (intimate parts)
    Mordesh and Draken fighting like barbarians
    Humans and Cassians watching the whole, wondering what they are doing here
  16. Domi Dayglow

When a Granok steps on a Chua, do you think the chua makes a squeaking sound?
    Mog likes this.
  17. Artefact

Artefact Cupcake

I don't know about the stepping, but I'm sure it's the case if the Granok sits on the Chua
  18. Khrusky

Khrusky Cupcake

Just wanted to amalgamate everything into one post for my sake; want to stake my claim for "f**king called it" on the aesthetics:

From the 9th of May:
    ref: [​IMG]

And to the doubters (Nightsong, Vyver, Izukar, Beetle), and the unspoken masses who ignored the picture: being proved right feels pretty good.

Yes I'm a bad winner; No, I don't think this thread has enough redeeming value to avoid posting stupidly petty comments. Seriously: opinion threads are the worst.
    However, I do appreciate that there were people who agreed with me who were unspoken, and a very few who were spoken. I am grateful to them for reassuring me I wasn't just going crazy. I realise that getting the first forum post on the matter is not necessarily an achievement worth celebrating, however I felt that it was something people would have otherwise missed (I only noticed it because I was sl0wing down the video to take a screenshot of the CBC system), and it provided (I believe) the earliest idea of what they looked like, which is at least somewhat useful. It frustrated me that there was absolutely no speculation on the image, despite it being an actual image of a Mordesh. Apologies for the egotistical rant.

Now that I've been able to vent:
    I hope that this information being NDA free gives the RPers something fun to work with :)
  19. dizko

dizko Cupcake-About-Town

Oh boy, if this thread is any sort of litmus test... the Exiles will be mostly Mordesh. Glad I'm picking dominion, someone has to try and help things balance out. Chua and Mechari for me.
  20. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Chua are wildly popular too. :p