1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Chua and Mordesh Annoucement Thread

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Hoody, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Haha, I was one of your few Likes, I knew you were onto something! ;)

Happy with how the mysterious 4th Exile, I've been waiting for since day 1 of following this game, turned out!
    Khrusky likes this.
  2. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

I'm not really impressed, Really wanted the octopirate :(
    Sweetloaf likes this.
  3. Bravadorado

Bravadorado Cupcake-About-Town

Am I the only one who thinks the Dominion races are kind of... Shallow? Like, they just barely have any reasons to do things? Lets go over them:

Mechari: Robots, they listen to the Eldan/Cassian. They have no reason to do that other than that they are programmed to and/or want to get back on nexus.
    Chua: They like blowing things up... that's it, they are insane and have practically no backstory. Dominion gave them tech and they used it to blow things up.
    Draken: They like to fight things for honor and glory, that's it. Again, their backstory is basically non-existant, they fight for the dominion because the dominion killed their leader.

Besides the Cassians who want to get Nexus because it's their "destiny" all of the other Dominion races just listen to the Cassians for basically no real reason. They have no personal reason to be a part of this conflict like at all.

If you look at the Exiles, all of them were screwed over by the dominion somehow and are basically rallying together to survive and not go extinct. All of them have clear cut and personal reasons to be a part of this fight.

It might be just my opinion, but I wanted to bring it up somewhere after a recent mumble discussion about it.

Edit: Also, this might seem off-topic, but it kind of is on topic. These thoughts came about because of thinking about how much more shallow the Chua were as a race compared to the Mordesh in terms of backstory and reasons to be fighting, and then that thinking extended further to all races.
  4. Agneos

Agneos Cupcake

Honestly, me too! I mean, the Stalker is a class based around tech! What do the Chua value most of all? Tech! Same thing for the Mordesh with Espers. They can be Spellslingers, but they're highly advanced, alchemy loving, people. Shouldn't they be able to be the class that uses its mind to damage people?
    Liris likes this.
  5. NigthmareSystem

NigthmareSystem Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]

I'm sure I will be wrong but... this little chua have look very female with that face (the colour doesn't matter)

and I can say I will be very happy if the females doesn't look very different from the males, maybe exclusive face / hair style but the same bodies
    Gronky, Liris and Chim like this.
  6. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

There's a thread on this actually, the "Why Do People Think Exiles Are Good?" thread. However I must warn you, much insanity is to be had there. Mostly a slew of rabid defenders of the Dominion.
    Eluldor likes this.
  7. Bravadorado

Bravadorado Cupcake-About-Town

That's definitely a chick. I'm sort of worried though, because all of the Chua females we've seen thus far have been pink....
  8. HoseMan

HoseMan New Cupcake

I dont know yet waht will I do but I dont like a thing: Why can we see a mordesh stalker, a mordesh warrior and a mordesh spellslinger on screenshots and we can ONLY see a chua spellslinger?? I wanna see a an esper chua!!
    I think I will be dominion, the mordesh looks like the mechari in sice and chips and brilliant eyes...
  9. Lsya

Lsya Cupcake-About-Town

Wow...I'm pleasantly surprised!

I'm still making an Aurin as my main....but....

I will definitely have to have a Human, Mordesh, Chua, and Mechari to play around with as well.
  10. NigthmareSystem

NigthmareSystem Cupcake-About-Town

don't worry, I saw pink males too, so I'm sure they will get the different colours ! :D
  11. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

Alright, since I am now back from my out-of-no-where-fishing trip! Imma just dive in to this... The Mordesh have probably the coolest background story of any of the races, IMO. Being the greatest alchemists in the galaxy, The Dominion see their potential invite them into their alliance. The Mordesh accept wholeheartedly knowing that this will further their research and make them even more famous.

Que in the greatest alchemist in all of Grismaran history, Victor Lazarin... Lazarin... Lazar... Lazarus?... Hmmm.... Anyway he creates an elixir, the Everlife Elixir, that basically made you immortal. The Mordesh trusting Lazarin, all of Grismara take it. For awhile life was good... Until it made them flesh eating zombies! Now calling it the Contagion, the Dominion respond to this epidemic in the only way they know how... By locking them up, throwing away the key, and letting them suffer for the rest of their lives...

Luckily Lazarin, the dude who basically destroyed his entire race, before falling into the madness that is the Contagion, he makes a "vaccine". The Vitalus Serum only suppressed the psychotic flesh eating part of the Contagion but still gave the effects of skin degeneration. Now the Exiles come in. They smuggled in food for the Mordesh and seeing that this was the only kindess they have seen in years, they join the Exiles. The Mordesh are now basically the Exiles go-to spies. They even form a covert intelligence group called the "Black Hoods".... *looks at username and has the biggest grin on his face*. So with the Black Hoods they wage war on the Dominion with subterfuge and assassinations....

I am really glad this race turned out so great, and is definitely going to be my main! Oh and thank you mods for making this the "official" thread for Mordesh/Chuas! :D :up:
  12. Xlugon Pyro

Devs? Do you mean the mods? XD
    Gronky and Hoody like this.
  13. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

What do you mean? It says mods... :whistling: ;)
    Gronky likes this.
  14. Xlugon Pyro

LOL read my quote wise guy. I snapped it before you edited it. XD
    Hoody likes this.
  15. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

I see no such thing, sir! Anyway I read some of the Chua's background story and I gotta say... There's really nothing to them except for being little furry psychopaths...
    ArdentSun and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  16. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

Dominion = Mindless creatures which know only how to serve other people? Sounds just about right.
    ArdentSun and Sonntam like this.
  17. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

18. HoseMan

HoseMan New Cupcake

That can say too for the Exiles. The aurin are like a hippy from the 70's only protects nature and love. Granok... they only want kill things. And mordesh... I see them like the mechari, cold and cappable of killing an exile that touches something yours.
    By the way, I like all the races of this game, and to have the same race in both factions and all the others, one like monster, one adorable and one cold and psycho killer.... its perfect!!
  19. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

Using tech and inventing it are to different things. But I would give stalkers to Chuas based on their personality.
  20. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

Did you read the post I replied to?