1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Fourth Exile Race Speculation

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Guide, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowclasper

shadowclasper Cupcake-About-Town

I still hope that we get the undead dudes, and that they turn out to be something that's native to the planet! But who knows!
  2. Flavio Laranjeira

Flavio Laranjeira New Cupcake

this undead stuff would be pretty wiiiild :D
  3. Yowser

Yowser Cupcake

4. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

I just hope it not Humanoid undead. Would much prefer alien or bestial/monster undead. Kind of tired of Zombies though, so I really hope it is an Alien race that is having trouble surviving out of there atmosphere (someone else suggested this and I like it).
  5. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

6. Doxxo

Doxxo New Cupcake

Well i'm excited.. But i'm still gonne play Dominion :D
  7. MashGolden

MashGolden New Cupcake

Bloodraptor's artwork is more than just fan art. It is a VERY VERY VERY GOOD representation of what the race will most likely look like., stylized to his liking.
    Bloodraptor likes this.
  8. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

me too prolly. but i will likely have a main on both sides. and a main alt of another role (so i'll have a max healer/tank on both factions)
  9. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

Has anyone checked out the guy at 0:45 at Devspeak: Aiming?

I can't tell what race he is supposed to be. For a male Aurin he is too bulky, humans have no blue skin, Granok are bigger... so maybe he's <REDACTED>?
  10. ThePandason

ThePandason Cupcake

Also, at 0:26, the female character has what appears to be a robotic right leg and left arm (from the view we see). Not sure if that's armor or another possible <REDACTED>

If it's already being discussed in another thread, sorry!
    Painguin likes this.
  11. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Human/Cassian wearing blue clothes :p

Discussed in the "Character Customisation" -thread. Probably a human. I'd hope they made the last race a bit more unique than just a human with prosthetic limbs :rolleyes: Ofcourse, we can't see the face of this character. But nah, my bet goes on armour/costume/customisaton option. Very interesting though, I'd love to make my Explorer a bit 'patched up' :p Just like good ol' Dorian Walker.
  12. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

But his head is blue too. What kind of clothes are that, covering you from head to toes? Even overalls don't cover you up like that.
  13. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

His head isn't blue. his hair is blue-black Like this:

[​IMG]

If you look closely at the video you can see the nape of his neck, his ears, a the plane of his cheek, and his fingers in fingerless gloves all share the same skin-tone.

-Rachel-
  14. Painguin

Painguin Cupcake

Wow, if the last exile race has robot legs, that would be amazing! Of course this also could be some armor, but it would be really cool if it is the last race.
  15. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

i was going to come in and point out the 0:24-26 scene, but i see it has already. i think it *could* be the redactoids. because of the green goo.

but it *could* also be human customization, utilizing the undead's tech maybe?
  16. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Uhh what about this "weirdo"? Like 2 seconds after the human with robo limbs.

uhh.jpg
  17. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Female Mechari.
    Witless, Chim, Zerdav and 1 other person like this.
  18. Frenzy

Frenzy New Cupcake

Okey so considering mirroring and side thematics I'd say...

If you compare every mirror the exiles always has like a goofy version of the strict dominion race. Or the other way around, however you like it.

Human, main character in firefly anyone? - Cassian, evil step-moms. (leaders)
    Granok, brawly big enjoying a good fight big brother type - Draken, Lizards are just pure evil... (Muscles)
    Aurin, sprites, playful, tricksters. - Chua(was it?). Gremlins! Skitterish, evil scientist types. (brainiacs)
    xxxxx - failed peace-loving cyborg project by eldans. - Mechari, Shiny, strict, ruthless killer machines (Rogue/assassin type) Like Han-Solo vs Bobba fett(is it)? in robot form

Since the general consensus seems to be that the hidden race is the mirror of mechari = Strict, fancy, humorless robots.

The exiles get a funny looking, incomplete(skeleton parts showing through) and goofy cyborg race.

Nothing undead, nothing bla bla... and they removed the aggression that they had put into Metal Maw. Yeah maybe a bit to much :) So ruthless killer robots for dominion and peace-loving cyborgs for the exiles.
  19. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Except... Mechari are under strict orders from the Eldan long ago, and follow that to help create the Cassian empire, and they're basically the intelligence community...

They aren't hired assassins or thugs, they're just good soldiers following orders, which happen to fit a nice niche in the Cassian (Eldan) Empire. Boba Fett was a bounty hunter, not an intelligence personnel.

Also, cyborgs are sort of a sci-fi version of "undead" just replace "magic" with "technology." I think the idea of "undead" in this thread is like that of Frankenstein's Monster, in that they were dead at one point or near death, and they've been stitched back together with makeshift parts, as well as some medical technologies to keep them alive. Perhaps they're a race of aliens that have lost the ability to reproduce, or were science experiments which yielded a sterile species which don't want to die, so they instead pump themselves full of chemicals to keep themselves alive.

They could be a race which is very good with medicine and medical technologies and just have found a "better" way to live. This would make them want to save people and fight less unless it was to defend others.
  20. Frenzy

Frenzy New Cupcake

That's true I just thought about the disciplined vs improvisation parts of their characters when I made the comparison.

That wasn't really what I was trying to say. I wanted to say that I do not believe that they are Frankensteins monster but more of an augmented race.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.