1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

OK, so I was thinking about Nexus and races

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Dyraele, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Since all the races we are playing are not indigenous to Nexus, what were the races that used to live on Nexus. Was it ONLY Eldan, or did Eldan live in peace with other races? If others existed, do they still exist? Did they hide or disappear like the Eldan?

The reason I am asking is it would be nice to play a race that came from Nexus and had special abilities due to being born there and evolving over the years that the other 5/6 could never have. Maybe along the lines of being able to find minerals better than others, or cooking food better than others since they know the food from the planet and what to mix with it.

Along these lines, it could be a race that is unlocked due to something the server does together, or at least a lot of people. Then the race would be unlocked for the whole server. What needs to be done could be different on all servers. I don't know, just trying to think on the fly.

My point to all this is to get a race to play that was always part of the world and therefore would have advantages because of that fact.

Last point, will there ever be a point in time when we find the Eldan? Would they become a playable race?

EDIT: Along these lines, if the Eldan disappeared, did some other race we don't know about destroy them or make them leave/hide? If so, will we also be able to find that race?
    Autumnal likes this.
  2. souper

souper Founding Member

Dunno really. We've been given 0 clues to suggest any civilizations existed alongside the Eldan. I have seen several pieces of concept art for the game showing numerous creatures with varying degrees of intelligence. Hard to say if they are native to Nexus or not though. Even harder to say if any of them will be playable.

If there were playable native races than yeah, racial bonuses that reflect that would make sense. There are several things they could give em like the ones you mentioned. It would be cool.

Finding the truth behind the Eldan disappearance will probably be one of the central themes in our quests. I don't see Carbine telling us those answers before the game launches. I'm itchin to know though. :eek:
  3. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

*LOVE* the Server Co-operative "unlock" idea. Seen it before. Nothing brings a server/community together in harmonic focus like a "one for all" unlockable.
  4. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Well, the content we've seen has an Eldan research station telling the player that they were converting some of the native ice creatures into refined crystals (source). So the Eldan certainly were living alongside other creatures/races. As to whether they did anything but just exploit them? Remains to be seen.

Well, the devs have said the central focus is finding out what happened to the Eldan. As to whether we'll find them or just find what removed/destroyed them.... well I guess that's FOIP! (find out in play). The devs (in one interview or another) have cited Babylon 5 as a source of inspiration (the Eldan being perhaps a Vorlon/Shadows hybrid) so it's possible that the Eldan passed "beyond the Rim". Or maybe it's a case of Stargate-style Ascension? Who knows, until we're ingame and investigating!
    Autumnal likes this.
  5. Mr.Mike

Mr.Mike Original Founder

Who knows, Carbine might have plans for the Eldan to return in a future expansion. If indeed, they didn't become extincted. Time will only tell what really happened to them.
  6. Blue Skunk

Blue Skunk New Cupcake

If there are other races my personal opinion is that I would like to see them discovered early in the game as to build some history for future possibilities, instead of discovering them conveniently a few weeks before they are added into content like many others have done in the past.
    Zap-Robo likes this.
  7. Pontianak

Pontianak Cupcake

Remains to be seen indeed. They are seriously throwing off bad mojo vibes if you ask me though. Maybe kind of a evil that is returning, forcing the Dominion and Exiles to work together in an uneasy and backstabbity truce to fend them off kind of story. Of course that is just wild speculation...
  8. Uruso

Uruso New Cupcake

This is why I'm going to play at least one scientist path character.
  9. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

I love the idea of a server wide world event. They are so much fun.
  10. SirRobin

SirRobin Cupcake-About-Town

If Wildstar is successful, I imagine we'll see other "native" sapients show up later. Maybe as new opponents? Like some evil type species that had been locked up by the Eldan finally escaping or something like that.
  11. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

The danger of server wide achievements or events is that only a small percentage of the players will participate or contribute.
  12. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

The developer could announce them and offer to port players to it and let it be know beforehand that there are great rewards for World events
  13. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

I do believe it depend on the type of game and the usual players playing it. For instance the portal opening events on EQ2 usually have a great gathering and always take far less time than the devs calculate for. Only reason a lot miss it, is because it is over horribly fast, so someone who only log on during weekends or workdays might just miss the chance to be there at the grand finale -- going to bed when the meter is close to finish is a sure way to miss it and be there for the boss kill or whatever.