1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Old Fart Gaming Mom

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Philbe63, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Philbe63

Philbe63 New Cupcake

In a nutshell, the title says it all. I just turned 50 and I've been enamored with video games since I first saw Pong. I don't know how many other oldtimers there are out there like me but I think we all felt a thrill when we could sit down with a controller and actually manipulate images on a TV screen.

And it only got better and better from there. Atari, Coleco, Intellivision, Sega, Turbo Grafix, Nintendo...all gods I prayed in my home. I was banished to use the crappy television in the basement because my parents were positive that video games would burn out the screen.

I discovered roleplaying games while in college. So my time was divided with creating characters I wish I could be and plugging coins into arcade video games. If only the two could be combined together....

And then, it began to happen. Computers and gaming. Zork. That was the first one I think I ever played. And then Wizardry, the first computer roleplaying game I ever played...Not the first I'm sure but the first I played. Ultima....Might and Magic...graphics, finally beautiful graphics.

I got married and had a kid, no more paper role playing for me. Dice are an extremely dangerous choking hazard. I thought my 'fun' was over.

And then again, just when I felt like I had to grow up and become an adult, Online RPGs....
    The first one I played was Asheron's Call which begat City of Heroes which begat World of Warcraft which begat Champions Online which begat SWTOR....a few others tossed into the mix but those where the major players. And like so many other mmos, I lost faith and/or interest.

Until I read the article in PCgamer about Wildstar. JOY!

I signed up for the beta (I think it was in 2012, not sure anymore) and found the trailer. This was it! A game with just enough funny and the right amount of kicking ass.

And so, here I am, eagerly waiting for the game to go Open beta or live or whatever. I need something to do with my time, my kid is in his second year of college. And he's excited about this game too.

Wildstar, the game that brings generations together....
    Carebear Commander and Inukeu like this.
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Official Random Kat Welcome Welcome! :D
    Enjoy your stay here at WSC! :)
  3. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

Welcome to WSC. :)
    Kataryna likes this.
  4. Hexamus

Hexamus New Cupcake

Hello and welcome!!
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Welcome to the WSC family, hope you enjoy it in here as much as I do :D

And if you got any lore questions feel free to ask anytime ;)
  6. Philbe63

Philbe63 New Cupcake

I actually realize that I used my name and cannot for the life of me figure out how to change my username on this site. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Seriously, that's like first year internet protection stuff...Never use real name.

And I fell over dead from stupidness.
  7. Carebear Commander

Carebear Commander Cupcake-About-Town

8. Classix

Classix Cupcake

I wish my parents played more then Wii golf... Least then we could related to each other.
    Then again theres the the bandwich we'd be sharing... Grr.

*Ahem*

Welcome and what not!
  9. BStrait57

BStrait57 New Cupcake

Glad to have you here!