1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

One thing that bugs me about the esper!!!

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Alpen, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Alpen

Alpen New Cupcake

That crappy looking psyblade!!! Seriously. warriors with their big kick ass sword, engineers with their big ass guns, spellslingers with their blasters, medics with their cool looking resonators, stalker with its claws, and then oh yeah, the crappy looking psyblade on my back that never moves and looks like <REDACTED>!! why cant espers have an awesome looking weapon on their back like a staff??
  2. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

think of it like this: the psyblade is probably made of a metal that enhances mental capabilities, or in other words: if i have a wifi adapter in my back pack, would i need to hit the computer with it to make the computer work??? (this might be a very very very bad example :roflamo:)
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  3. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

No! I don't want to run around carrying a silly stick. I like the psyblade! It's unique to wildstar! Also, it's shiny. I do wish we could take it off our back and hit things with it. Kind of like a frying pan. It would be neat if there was a psyblade in the shape of a frying pan. Stab things with your mind and make eggs too!

I believe I remember reading somewhere last year about the psyblade. The materials they are made of and the shape of the blade provide an amplifier and focus for telekinetic powers. I haven't really stopped to notice, but I wonder if psyblades that have point ends provide more assault power boost while ones with curved edges have a support power boost. That would be kind of neat.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

You are a master of the mental, a freaking Esper. If you think your weapon is a frying pan, then it IS a frying pan!

Can you imagine the ability ''concentrated frying pan''?....damn that's a big one :eek:

[​IMG]
    Domi Dayglow and PalsyPlague like this.
  5. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

I'll admit that I am a little disappointed with the low-level psyblade models. But I'm pretty happy with the late-game designs so far. Check it out:

Support:
    http://i.imgur.com/gRhK0ca.jpg

Assault:
    http://i.imgur.com/vSKTjVB.jpg

We have also heard that some folks at carbine are thinking about making an in-combat psyblade animation post-launch at some point. Here is CRB-Gaffer's response to one reddit poster's plea for psyblade animations:

"That sounds totally awesome. Hasn't been (and likely won't be given that we're mostly focused on performance/stability/iterations/bugfixes) on our radar for launch, but I'll admit that's a great point."

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/23ohj2/espers_psyblade/
    Alpen likes this.
  6. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Generally, we shouldn't be worried about low level that much. Those are always going to be models and weapons we'll out level and change in a few hours or days.

But the late level things? They're so pretty! And shiny! And some of them glow! Yays!