1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Open Beta and Release Date

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Afropenguinn, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Afropenguinn

Afropenguinn New Cupcake

Hey everyone, new to the forums so hello! Anyone got any speculations on the release date of the Wildstar? With ESO having a confirmed date and the new WoW expansion around the corner now would be a good time to talk about it.

On a side note, do you think there will be an open beta and what will it consist of? Maybe a strait month, or several weekend events? A month before relase? A week? Will there even be one?

Personally I am pinning the release date for some time in April, I would wager April 1st just because it is a Tuesday and fits the humor of the game. As for open beta I think it will most likely just be a set of weekend events a month before launch for people who pre-order.
  2. Spyguy

Spyguy Cupcake

Be nice guys, he new.
    Alpen likes this.
  3. Diagas

Diagas Cupcake

I'm sure a release date will come within the next month or so. They'll need to conduct a few more stress tests and expand closed beta before assessing its readiness for release.
  4. Nayukhuut`Chet

Nayukhuut`Chet Cupcake

April would be amazing. They did say Spring 2014 baring any complications. I think they also mentioned that open beta would be about one month before launch.
  5. Afropenguinn

Afropenguinn New Cupcake

I keep hearing one month before release but I can't seem to find that interview anywhere. I am pushing for April as well, though if I am being completely realistic I would put it somewhere during the summer. April just seems so...soon (relatively speaking). We haven't even heard of a CBT of the elder game yet, which they said they were going to test before launch.
  6. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

They are already testing this as it was pretty well known that they sent out a twitter request a while back for guilds to test it. They also mentioned in the livestreams that elder game would be coming up after the stalker stream, along with crafting/Pvp.
  7. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

As an unofficial official of all things officially unofficial:
    release : when its ready
    open beta : sometime between now and when its ready
    Cupcake, Kataryna, Taher and 2 others like this.
  8. Perigon

Perigon Cupcake

My timeline prediction:

Mid January- we start to hear about late game stuff once they finish off with the classes (stalker). Lower level NDA for all is dropped.

Late January- Release date and open beta announced. We're seeing official carbine live streams about aspects of the game we know about now (crafting i.e). Pre orders can now be made.

Early Feb- Press NDA dropped for all higher levels (except perhaps elder game). Elder game is talked about extensively by carbine.

Late feb- We know pretty much everything about the game apart from some aspects of elder game might still be a bit vague.

Early March- NDA for all about every aspect of the game is dropped in advance of the open beta.

Sometime in March- Open beta begins.

April to May- Game launch.
  9. coreymj78

coreymj78 Cupcake-About-Town

I really hope you're right. I could probably wait another 2 or 3 months to play, but if I have to wait much longer than that, I think I'll go crazy. :(
    Waneyy likes this.
  10. Blue Tunic Man

Blue Tunic Man Cupcake-About-Town

Like Diagas's signature?
  11. Waneyy

Waneyy New Cupcake

A
    Ahh, same here. I started looking at this game a year ago i think, would been better if I didn't see anything about it before the launch week or something, hahha:down:
  12. RedBlazz

RedBlazz New Cupcake

Maybe some1 knows if the open beta is going to be free or you will have to pay for it ?
  13. Caedis

Caedis New Cupcake

Carbine hasn't given any details about open beta. But since they are calling it "open" beta, it will probably be free. Typically if you have to pay for access, it's called "early access." They've also said there will be a character wipe after open beta, which they wouldn't do if people had to pay to get access.
  14. deathtotherepublic

deathtotherepublic Cupcake

PLEASE BE RIGHT!!!
  15. Kid-Lee

Kid-Lee New Cupcake

Based on the info that we have. My guess is June-August. One thing to remember. This is going to be an on the shelf game. It takes about a month to print discs.
  16. Cesmode

Cesmode Cupcake-About-Town

It wont be april. Thats a smidge over two months away. No announcements have been made yet, and to my knowledge I don't even think you can pre-purchase the game yet. Can you?

Your best bet...forget about April. Probably be good to forget about early May as well. Look at late May, or early June for a launch.

Typically games announce their launch 3-4 months prior to the date.
  17. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

I doubt we'll see anything before PAX
  18. Roadblock

Roadblock Cupcake-About-Town

Same question was asked months ago after the first(?) pushback.
    I've found nothing happening in recent times to make me revise my initial prediction, since October 2013.
    Spring release if some of the announced features are postponed to a post-launch patch or late summer / early fall 2014 if they go for the full package.
  19. jetah

jetah Cupcake

I stated in another thread. Well hear a date or the month, during Pax East.
  20. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

They could have the disks printed already honestly. There will always be a day one patch anyway.
    Kataryna likes this.