1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Open Beta Is Coming May 8th!

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Dist, May 6, 2014.

1. Dist

Dist Cupcake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The news that everyone has been waiting for, the dates for the Open Beta are finally here! For any new players who never managed to get a beta key up until now, or for all existing players out there who just want to return to Nexus for one last time before launch, this is your chance!
    ( Read more )
  2. Credz

Credz New Cupcake

HUGEEEEEE
  3. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Open Beta! Open Beta! Yay! Double yay! That's this Thursday.

Ten days of open beta, ending ont he 18th. Then pre-order launch the 31st.

Oh noes. That means I'll have to survive almost two weeks without Wildstar.
  4. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

I'm assuming they are still doing a character wipe? Also, for those of you in the pre-order beta, did they fix the optimization yet?
  5. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

They're doing a Character wipe before Headstart. They've done a LOT on optimization so far, and are still working on it until and past launch.
  6. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

Hmmm the main forums seem to still be full of people complaining about the optimization - though they also say Carbine has come a long way. My big concern here is that Open Beta is in 2 days, and from what I can tell, the game is "better than it was" but is still really far from being optimized. Are all these people who are just experiencing beta for the first time going to be playing with under 30 fps? The lack of optimization is a big reason I didn't pre-order after beta, & I can't imagine it making a very good impression on first-timers either.

I'll rely on you kind people to tell me how it plays I think :)
  7. Domi Dayglow

They did mention patching up before open beta. Plus this last pre-order weekend, on friday, there were terrible disconnection issues.

Open beta will be a real stress test for their systems. Those ten days will be like making the server hamsters run a marathon. On Thursday I wouldn't expect things to be that optimized. By the following Monday I think it would be fair to expect a large optimization patch.

It wouldn't surprise me either if there was another large optimization patch at the end of the pre-order launch before June 3rd too.
  8. derekgray91

derekgray91 New Cupcake

I would like to point out that they're actually doing a proper open beta, clearly trying a stress test by opening it to everyone, hiwever it will close for about 2 weeks in which they can implement changes, at least its not just an soft release like some games do
  9. Domi Dayglow

That reminds me. Remember those 'boomboxes' (boxes of goodies, decor items, shinies) that were going to be given to people who participated in the pre-order weekends based on number of days played? I wonder if those will also extend to include the open beta?
  10. Aerr

Aerr New Cupcake

Really? I guess I missed that news-item, could you tell me where I can find it?
  11. Mhairi

Mhairi New Cupcake

12. Cesmode

Cesmode Cupcake-About-Town

I'll be honest...
    While this is good news and all for some, I probably won't play in open beta. I have one toon on exile to 17, and my highest dominion character is 12 I think(and I will be rolling Dominion at launch).

My reasons:
    • Progress will be wiped before head start so why bother progressing any further?
    • Why burn yourself out, or inch closer to it before the game is released?
    • I want to leave most of the game to discover for launch, because if not...launch will be less significant for me.
    • I don't want to know where every quest is so I can burn through it in two weeks, get to max level and complain theres nothing to do...most people power level through a game and quit within a few short months because they've seen it all over and over in beta, they've gotten to max level before everyone else and now have no one to play with
    Personally, I've gotten what I wanted to get out of the beta weekends. I've submitted dozens of bug reports, feedback posts, and suggestion posts on the forums. I've tried out every class, both factions, all races. I've narrowed down to playing the Dominion, and narrowed down 3 classes I want to focus on(wish I could have narrowed it down to 1 or 2). I have also narrowed down which races and gender.

Im all set. I'm taking a break from playing Wildstar for the next three weeks, and from gaming in general really, to rest up for the week long fiasco I have planned for launch. I might log in to WS to play a few battle grounds or maybe hammer down to two classes, but that would be it.
    Fishsticks likes this.
  13. Grelin

Grelin Cupcake

Aww, I got a trip planned during the open beta, starting Thursday. :( At least I come back and get to play from the 13th to the 18th :)
  14. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

I can't even log in. Firewall is turned off but I get either connection errors or datacenter ones. I'm connecting to NA server.
    Edit: I had to switch to Europe server this time.
    Last edited: May 8, 2014