1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Opinions on paths?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Perigon, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Perigon

Perigon Cupcake

So what to people think of individual paths and paths in general?

I've only tried the settler path and to be honest it's probably my least favourite aspect of the game so far. The settler path is essentially a ton of gathering quests with no variation. Also absolutely nothing you build stays for more than 20 minutes or so. I don't understand why they didn't implement phasing with the settler path, it would make it so much more rewarding.

So yeah, I'm going to try a different path come launch day and was wondering what other people's experience was with the path system?
  2. FierceSmurf

FierceSmurf New Cupcake

Settler and scientist are the best two paths. They may not be the most fun but they provide buffs for you and your group so they come in handy.
  3. Roadblock

Roadblock Cupcake-About-Town

"meh"

Can't put it more eloquently :sleep:
    (disclaimer: haven't tried Explorer, probably going with Settler)
  4. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

This.

I found Explorer to be the most fun path and really enjoyed the Explorer content but it provides very little group benefit (similar to Soldier) compared to Settler/Scientist.
    It's been raised with Carbine and it is something they will look at but any changes will be made post launch.
  5. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

i like soldier but settler is probably what im going to go with due to the buffs and usefulness.
  6. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I didn't like the settler path because it was so much gathering. I don't like gathering. Gathering is boring and it's not shiny at all.

The scientist? It's kind of fun! I like it. Think because it meshes with my playstyle and I like scanning random things and picking up buffs easily out in the world without gathering things all the time.

I tried to explorer with my spellslinger even though I really hate jumping puzzles. I was surprised that I liked it. It leads you to all sorts of places and that's kind of exciting because never quite sure what you find. I think everyone should try an explorer on at least one character. It just shows you so much of Nexus.

Soldier? I tried it. I was very "Merf" and "Meh" about it. Holdouts are kind of fun, but that's pretty much the end of the draw. I would rather be a scientist. I can still team with a soldier friend if I want a holdout.
  7. t209

t209 Cupcake

I wish they made the path better. Like how it will play out in sidequests.
    - like how certain path can help you skip puzzles or much easier solution.
    - Less item for fetch quest.
    - Another choice outcome (like a soldier can convince a Draken that he live to fight another day).
    - Most of all, the Adventure outcome (like settler can repair generator at Tempest Refuge, Soldier can reduce Fatigue, Scientist can upgrade turrets, and Explorer can discover the next wave or something).
    Edit: Oh, Settlers missions can be repetitive and boring but it grants you a vending machine and crafting station that can be summoned on the spot.