1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Optional Member Location Finder

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Tiberius, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Tiberius

Tiberius Cupcake-About-Town

The site profiles already have a space for member "location."

How hard would it be to make this something where by opting in to give you even just a basic postal zip code, be able to see other members (that did a similar opt-in) that may be near me?

I know the community is pretty spread out, is this something even worth pursuing? I think it could help facilitate IRL events.
  2. popober

popober Cupcake-About-Town

I'd like to know more people from my country that is interested in thsi game, but so far I tried searching for my country's name and only got 3 hits all from the same person.
  3. Beetle

Beetle Special Cupcake

I have seen other community sites with a World Map, that members could choose to place a "Pin" in the area they are from. could be a cool feature
    Blankspace likes this.
  4. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Not a feature I feel the community is clamouring for (we're not a dating site!) but so noted!
    Kataryna and Tiberius like this.
  5. Tiberius

Tiberius Cupcake-About-Town

Haha, I understand that feeling. The main idea I had behind it is that threads created in General titled "X Location get-together" just get buried and forgotten.