1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Out on the theorycrafting limb

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Autumnal, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

Given that we know *precious* little, until Gamescom (so close around the corner), we have only the tidbits we have been carefully given.

When I saw the "Welcome Wagon" picture, I immediately thought "Starship Troopers", and the like.

Given the close-up of "Hearty Handshake", it's apparent that *we* are the new arrivals, and we're certainly NOT alone.

Time is the revealer of all truths.
    Brotoi likes this.
  2. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

I tend to agree. The ship is "Ark Ship", implying a zoological cargo, including us. The planet is distant, habitable, obviously there is sense of frontierism in the job descriptions (Seasoned Explorer, Battle-hardened Soldier), or perhaps even forced colonization against aggressive local inhabitants. I suspect class-conscious commentators will not be happy about that aspect!

Of course, we haven't seen any back story yet. It could very well be some kind of counter-colonization or counter-invasion storyline rather than simple imperialism.

So much we don't know! Such exciting times of discovery! By keeping a tight lid on their project they may gained a powerful element of surprise in a stagnant, declining marketplace.
    Autumnal likes this.