1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

LFG Pacific NW Experienced/Adult Married Couple

Discussion in 'Seeking Guilds, Circles and Warparties' started by blackvigil, Dec 11, 2013.

1. blackvigil

blackvigil New Cupcake

Hello,
    My wife and I love to play MMO games together, and have been doing so since SWG launched in 2003. We both have jobs, and lives, so we aren't as hard core as some people. Still, if the game and community are really great, we will be pretty involved in the game. We are looking for a medium-large guild that caters to adults, and has a large US West Coast player base, so we have people in our time zone to interact with. We are flexible as to faction or server type, for the right guild. We have played on pvp, pve, and rp servers in the past. At this time, I am leaning toward Stalker, and she is leading toward Medic. However, when the open beta starts up, and we have a chance to toy around with the core mechanics, that could change.

About me: I am a very active internet/forum/video "researcher" for games that I am interested in. I like to learn everything there is to know about a game. During classic WoW, I was a writer for Roguespot.com focusing on pvp material. I have historically been drawn to dps classes, but I have seriously played all three roles in a raid (hard-mode wow) environment. My most serious characters have been a Pistoleer/BH/Smuggler in SWG, Rogue and Paladin in WoW, Mercenary Bounty Hunter in SWTOR. I have dabbled in other games, like GW2, and others, but didn't get as involved as I have in other games.
    You can look to me to be a leader in class knowledge, a strong sense of humor, and an adult work ethic. (I a real career. I understand what it means to make a commitment)

My wife: Jen is not really into being on forums, and generally being obsessed like I am. Still, she always manages to be one of the very best healers in any game we play. She has a knack for keeping people alive, and loves to do it. In SWG she played a Combat Medic and was ridiculously nasty in pvp. In WoW she played a Priest, both Holy and Disc, and raided hard mode content as a meter leader. In TOR she played an Imperial Agent.
    You can look to her for organizing/managing groups. She was a raid leader in every game we have played, and did a fine job of it.

If we sound like a good match for your group, and you meet our parameters, post here. I would appreciate some feedback, and not just a link posted spam style. We really are looking for a community to call home, and not just a group looking to boost their numbers.
  2. Xothos

Xothos New Cupcake

Hello blackvigil! <Straw Hat Pirates> may be something you are interested in. We are based in the EST timezone however, all our events don't start till around 6pm PST. We are openly recruiting for Wildstar for both raiders and casual members. If you are interested in raiding, our schedule is Mon, Tues, Thurs 6pm - 9pm PST (9 - Midnight EST). In the past, the guild leadership ran a guild during WoW's Wrath of the Lich King expansion. The members we do have coming from that are scattered throughout multiple countries and timezones(Brazil, Australia, Canada, US - East Coast & West Coast). We are going to be playing as Dominion.

As far as catering to adults, we mainly only take players 18+, but do accept all ages with some limitations. I am not very fond of things turning into a middle school classroom. Most of our members are either working full time or attending college full time. If you have any questions about something I may have failed to mention let me know (I am actually posting this on my lunch break which is running out faster than anticipated right now). I check this forums quite often, so you can message me here via reply, private message, or sign up on our forums and message me there.

Our current website is http://strawhatguild.enjin.com
  3. Argentae

Argentae New Cupcake

What type of schedule can you currently hold? What type of end game experience do you both have?
  4. blackvigil

blackvigil New Cupcake

Hello Xothos and Argentae!
    I am glad you both responded.

Xothos: I am curious about the size of your guild. I am also curious if you plan to do organized pvp.

Argentae: We both work until about 5ish pst. We have done lots of hard more 25 man raids in Wow, with several server firsts. We aren't so hard core that we have been in world firsts or anything like that. I am not sure I have the time to dedicate to the game to do that.

I appreciate the replies, and the private one as well. :)
  5. Martini

Martini Cupcake

You should definitely check out The Guardians! We have a few other couples that game with us as well. Great community and people. it's a multi-game guild that's been around for 10 years now. I could talk your ear off but here's the website have a look and let me know if you have any questions. :D

http://guardianhq.com
  6. Xothos

Xothos New Cupcake

Sent you a private message.
  7. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

Are you guys from Oregon? If so, I would love to find more Oregonians to play with when the game is released. Especially, if you are Dominion. CHUA POWER!!!
  8. blackvigil

blackvigil New Cupcake

We're from the Portland area. :) How about you?
  9. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

I am further south in the Salem area. ;)
  10. Static Panda

Static Panda New Cupcake

My wife and I recently apped for The Guardians (were in the Seattle area). We have spent the last several days playing/chatting with them. FUN GROUP and easy going! Definitely would encourage you to check them out.
  11. Fencek

Fencek New Cupcake

Hey there,

We are a veteran guild from the days of EQ1 through all the mmo's up to Wildstar. We also play LoL, TF2, CS:GO and other games. We are all mature players looking for some more good raiders / pvpers as well as some casual gamers to help fill our guild.

We are a no requirement recruiting guild when it comes to casual players who enjoy having a great community. Only people interested in our raiding side need to fill out an application. We believe in and encourage friends and family of our members joining us and enjoying everything that being in a guild has to offer.

See our recruitment thread here and check out our website at www.victurus.com and become a member of Victurus today!