1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Payment Model Discussion Mega-Thread

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by MiZTiiX, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echelon

Echelon Cupcake

RIFT is still P2P -_-
  2. Jereton Lauwerends

Jereton Lauwerends New Cupcake

I'll give you that one, you're right.
  3. Avenged

Avenged Cupcake-About-Town

At least 10 million? How many B2P/F2P games offer near the content as a game on that list in the mmorpg genre? How many of them offer the same level of customer support as those games do? Since you have already handicapped yourself with false information, as WoW is actually not the largest played mmo in the gaming world, currently trailing behind a f2p game Runescape, and another P2P L2 Korea. Let us change the topic a bit and keep it more on topic. What are the advantages of a B2P/f2p game over a P2P game from a consumer standpoint, that does not involve money?
    Echelon likes this.
  4. Jereton Lauwerends

Wait, so out of thousands of MMO's 1 MMO is left P2P?
    Okay that's just weird no wonder you want a good P2P MMO, servers are packed all the time, there's no seriousness found anywhere in games for you.

But how bout this one?
    I don't know which games had it but, when you're F2P you have seperate servers from subs, which automatically means that servers are not packed and you're not having to deal with the <REDACTED> others put up while in F2P.
  5. Echelon

Echelon Cupcake

Great question I want to know as well....
  6. Jereton Lauwerends

Dude? Here's a list, oh half of these games already are F2P or B2P so, go ahead. Try.
    There is nothing left. Besides Rift and a few other games.

<Mod Monocle> Massive, obstructive list removed. </Mod Monocle>
  7. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> Final warning. It's best this line of discussion ends because it's becoming nothing but two sides attacking each other. </Mod Monocle>
  8. Echelon

Echelon Cupcake

Ahh Eve...good time good times. I heard my friend FrodoTBaggins is having a ball today.
  9. Avenged

Of my list 2 games listed are F2P now. EQ, and L2 which were F2P for over 7 years each. I was just asking for an answer to the questions in general. Saying dude, you do not understand and then not answering the question is not a real argument. I just want to know in general from the market of players that are all about the B2P and F2P market.

What are the advantages of a B2P/f2p game over a P2P game from a consumer standpoint, that does not involve money?
    Fuel68, SkuulzaO and Echelon like this.
  10. Jereton Lauwerends

This great little gem of a MMO - The Secret World (TSW) has gone B2P with NO sub.

LOTRO
    Age of Wushu
    Scarlet Blade
    Planet Calypso
    AIKA
    AION
    DoD
    ROM
    PW
    DN
    Vindictus
    Dragon Saga
    Ragnarok Online
    Mabinogi (heard it's great don't like it but it has a good storyline)
    Forsaken World
    SWTOR

Should I go on?
  11. Jereton Lauwerends

Eve is not managing with only subs so they're trying to think of new ways to extract more players, you should go to forums more often, find something out for yourself.
  12. Jereton Lauwerends

Playing the game untill it's complete, doing raids and operations.
    But it isn't the point to ONLY be F2P of course not, that's not even why they design the options. It's to absorb more money and that's true. Or else they won't survive, so saying that they're going to have a P2P option is just ridiculous. It made me laugh all night, now I'm going to bed because I respect your opinion, all of your opinions. But they're only opinions in how you want the game to be. I mean how are they suppose to manage when you unsub because it's not what you wanted it to be?

Have a good night and I hope you sort your opinion out.
  13. Avenged

Going to remove myself from the conversation again for a couple of days, since history is repeating itself. You answered the question, by not answering the question. It is ok because everyone deserves their opinion. If you want to continue it in a constructive manner then feel free to message me direct. I would be more then happy to answer your questions, when you feel you can answer ours.
    Fuel68, SkuulzaO and Echelon like this.
  14. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages....

<Admin Hat> You're done. This thread has outlived it's usefulness, and has descended into point-scoring, back-biting, one-upmanship and is just generally an unpleasant thread to moderate or even view. So, it's being locked and discussion of payment issues are barred until an official Carbine announcement </Admin Hat>

Some good opinions were expressed early on, and hopefully Carbine got some good feedback. Please, enjoy the other threads!
    SiegaPlays, Fuel68, pseudo and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.