1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Planets of Dominion, other than Cassus and other major Races' Homeworld

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by t209, Mar 10, 2014.

1. t209

t209 Cupcake

So how many planets would Dominion controlled other than Cassus, Arboria (Destroyed, possibly enslaved or exterminated stranded Aurins, and definitely turned into mining planet), Grismara (quarantined and possible recolonized or scavenged for any alchemical technology if it's not blow up), Bezgelor, and Mikros? I mean there could be lots of planets that could be conquered and colonised, especially if it is valuable resources or a good dumping ground for inhabitants from overcrowded planets and cities. So anyone thought of that speculation.
    Plus it could be sweet for RPers to make a character that come from a Dominion Colonies; from a poor sod who wanted a fresh start after living on one of possible many destitute colonies, a conscript/ shanghaied citizen sent to Nexus as a part of manpower tribute, or a wealthy inhabitant from a well-developed planet yearning for adventure.
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

IIRC Pappy (Chad Moore Head Honcho of Lore) has said that there's few habitable planets around in the game's universe - and those that are around are the ones that we know of - which is why when the Exiles re-found Nexus (after the planetary defense mechanics died) the Exiles flocked to it like flies (that deserve to be crushed under our Mighty Boots of the Dominion!!) and this is their last chance to make a home (both because it's the last planet to be found to support life and because their arkship is a rundown POS that they stole from the Dominion ages ago and it's falling apart and close to becoming non-space-worthy...)
    Extatica likes this.
  3. t209

t209 Cupcake

Dang, I thought they just went to Nexus because other planets are on Dominion's turf, unintentionally destroyed by the results of their visits, or "heck no, I can't afford either refugee camps or Dominion on our Doorstep". I just imagine the Dominion like a vast empire with hundreds of planets at their disposal and decided to get "greedy" on Nexus.
  4. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

HAH! The Eldan (the unknown beings who previously lived on Nexus) Created the Mechari and sent them out to found the Dominion. They started with the Cassian. The Mechari gave the Chua (more) (i can't remember the name of it!) some tech stuff, at the behest of the Eldan, and their society exploded (sometimes literally!) with invention. The Cassians/Mechari found the Draken (more) and decided they'd make good military, so the Emperor challenged their Head Chief dude to a duel, and Won. The Mechari took the Sword Maiden of the Cassians to the Eldan who then eventually sent back the Emperor - the first of the Luminai.

(timeline of the universe)
    Extatica likes this.
  5. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

The dominion likely have not completely burned Arboria yet. As we do not know what technology the Exiles left behind when they evacced what they could. My guess is a future expansion would possibly include retaking Arboria.

My guess is the Dominion might have ignored the Exiles resettling if it had been any other planet or if they retook Arboria. But to them they have a right to Nexus even though someone else claimed it first.

As an Exile myself I suggest if it comes down to it... evac the Gambler's Run, Fill it with high density material and point it at Cassus for a hyperspace impact. Nothing says got ya back like a few million metric tons of FU going the speed of light impacting the capital city at the speed of light.
  6. t209

t209 Cupcake

Awww, god dang it! There goes my idea for Combat Engineer Lowborn (I mean he could earn a scholarship for having potential or the planet is allowed to run their own affairs as long as it's not about rebelling the empire) from a cold industrialized stereotypically Russian planet (think Vostroya with Soviet Union trappings, minus using First Born Children as tribute).
    Unless they terraformed moons or mars equivalent to some extent for either settlement (livable but harsh, but mostly on latter) or dumping convicts ala Botany Bay, Austrailia (I think Cassian should have some Austrailian or South African accents).
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Now let's ''change'' that story a bit so it fits the lore, shall we?

You come from the most Northern part of Cassus where there is only X amount of daylight, and where electrical surges roam the skies bringing down bolts of plasma that destroy everything not underground! Just getting your ''tools'' from a dropped crate is risking your life!

1 guy up there had the potential as Engineer and was shipped to Nexus to learn the ways of the military! Now [insert your name] has come to Nexus to become one of the most renown combat engineer there is. Will he survive the harsh enviroment of Nexus? One of the few enviroments that is way harsher then that of the Plasma Hills on Cassus? Or will he be eaten by the very first Chumpacabra he encounters and by that prove the Draken luitenant that he was right that this engineer wouldn't do all to well on Nexus?

Or will this lowborn engineer make a name for himself?

Cassus can be BIG! So instead of comming from another planet just come from Cassus but the northern regions?
    Or make it the Nothern parts of planet Bezgelor where you were under the teaching of [insert random Chua name].
    We can do so much :up:
  8. t209

t209 Cupcake

Okay, Maybe we could need more diverse regions of planets instead of the sci fi clinche of Single Biome Planet.
    I kinda like the first part would suit my idea well (most of the people in his hometown ate nutritious paste and a few imported food if they have enough money due to lack of cultivatable lands). I just chose Pavel as his name.
    But I could hold on to it unless Carbine decided to change the lore about other planets (I know the lore haven't change yet but it could happen to suit the new updates and they could go "pragmatic"). I mean we have lores about Merchant Wars, other aliens, and even human mobsters in Darkspur Cartel.
    edit: I know the comic is about WoW, but I just used it as an example.
  9. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

And welcome to the Dominion's basic point of view. Murder millions (billions?) of innocents to get back at the people responsible for what pains you, even if you don't manage to kill any of the people actually responsible in your attack.
    I think that you're on the wrong side. You should be a Chua!
  10. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Which when you really, really think about how big the universe is and number of stars and number of planets...and so on and so on.....having only a few habitable planets doesn't make sense. There should be lots!

My point is that if Carbine sticks to their guns and says there are only a handful of habitable planets in the galaxy we should ask ourselves a very important question.

Why?

If there are billions of stars in a galaxy there are more planets than stars, that's billions of planets. Out of billions, more than a 'handful' should be habitable. Why aren't they? Maybe it's linked to another question. Why are the Eldan not around anymore? Why did they disappear? Why are there so few habitable planets?

........maybe the lack of habitable planets is linked to why the Eldan vanished.

.........maybe the Dark Ones got them both.

And, que Extatica's conspiracy theories about the Dark Ones that ate the Eldan! Yays! Lore all connects!

Keeping with the limited habitable worlds view, it's pretty unlikely that the Dominion would just burn Arboria to the ground. It would be more in line with them to enslave the population, strip the planet of resources, and maybe use it as a industrial center for the Dominion war machine where the chua can run and play. Maybe turn one hemisphere into vacation homes for Cassians. Probably set aside another continent for the draken to hunt the locals.

Let's say for a moment that there were lots of other planets in the galaxy that the Exiles could live on. Would there still be a logical reason to go to Nexus? Yes! Because Nexus is likely the only planet in the galaxy that the Dominion wouldn't just fly in and bombard the Exiles from orbit. Eldan technology can unlock the secrets of the universe to the Dominion. Blasting it to radioactive apples from orbit isn't the best of ideas. Even the chua agree on that.
  11. t209

t209 Cupcake

They transcended into MMO and manipulatead the universe for unknown eldritch masses, ala Alpha Centauri's Sentient Planet and AT43's Therians.
    Yep, that included my point too, which also fit in with why other races do not let them in.
  12. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

Here is the problem, The dominion does not do diplomacy. They could have just let those who do not follow their point of view load up colony ships and leave the core systems and settle a planet on the rim worlds.

Think about Arboria, They could have let the Exiles move in with the Aurin and let them be. Instead they are nuking the place from orbit and strip mining it.

Unfortunately I get the feeling all the Dominion understands is raw force. Likely this is imparted from the Mechari influence though, They might be sentient AIs but they are still cold calculating robots that only operate in 1s and 0s.

----
    Of course if the Dominion just let the exiles have a planet or two on the rim and had never attacked Arboria we would not have a video game.
  13. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

The Exiles that went to Arboria were rebels that deserved to be squashed. The Aurin took in fleeing criminals and thus deserved to be squashed as well. With the Granok, we tried Diplomacy, we sent a Mechari diplomat to talk to them, and the Rocks-for-brains Granok tore him to pieces. The Mordesh would have been Dominion if their idiot scientists hadn't gotten such big heads and thought they could make themselves immortal and caused a plague of epic proportions in their population and thus needed to be quarantined - it's not our fault that they decided to join the Exiles after that - they deserve to be squashed as well for that! If there are rebels out there undermining the strength of the Dominion they deserve to be squashed under our god-like-Luminai Driven Dominion Domination!
    (go go rp-Kat!)
    Extatica likes this.
  14. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Now that Kataryna has shown us the ''Go Dominion Go'' way, i'll show you another side of the more ''smart'', ''clever'' and ''dark'' side of the Dominion, secretly assisted by the ICI.

You don't have enough information to say this would be the wiser option. For all we know, is Cassus completely empty of any type of minerals etc. etc.

Mayby they just saw it as an opportunity to get all those resources? This way it's easier to ''sell'' it to the common people. You tell them that the Aurins are harboring the fugitives that have killed hundreds of Cassians in an attempt to overthrow the current Emperor.

This way, those who had any idea of resisting, get's discouraged by seeing how resolute the Dominion acts. While making the Aurin the ''enemies'' in the people's eyes aswell as clearing the way to all those minerals etc.

You get the feelig it's all about raw power, but I get the idea that there is way more behind it that we don't know off.
    t209 and Kataryna like this.
  15. BlueDragon18

Truly, including the fact that the "emperor" may well be nothing but an AI that the Mechari cooked up. Any biological emperor may have been dead for decades.
  16. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

wait...what??? no. The Emperor's have had children - where do you think all the Luminai came from? the First had to have a kid with a Cassian!
  17. t209

t209 Cupcake

So maybe the "Vorias the False" might be a reformer or plan to snitch after all. But we did see some Luminai though (The Governor of Auroria).
    and don't forget that many soldiers are either Draken (Psychopathic Orcs) and Chua (Little Mengeles). And Mondo was the one who said that the planet has high mineral content, which means that he's the one who probably gave the idea.
  18. BlueDragon18

The first, yes, but when you're on the Arkship just starting your Dominion characters, there's a hint that the emperor may no longer be alive. Just that, a hint, but the overall behavior of the Dominion would make a lot of sense if the Mechari were actually in charge.
  19. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Mechari might have assassinated him! Conspiracy!

Actually, this does just go to point out how intricate the Wildstar Lore is. Lots of people say "Oh, I don't like war lore. It gets in the way of stabbing things." Truth is every game has lore.

With Wildstar, lore is what provides the potential. The Mechari were built by the Eldan. The Mechari contacted the Cassains. Maybe they needed a figurehead species in the Cassians to build the Dominion! Maybe the Chua are secretly reprogramming Mechari!
  20. Miatog

Miatog Cupcake-About-Town

There's a lot of irony in that sentiment...